cuddle parties.

goldielocks

What do you think of this idea from the states.

Groups flop together on the floor, no sex, pjs stay on.

Supposed to be v relaxing.

Would it catch on here?

Where's "here"?

To be honest, I'm not sure it's that widespread here in the States. I think someone posted an article about cuddle parties once. But frankly I find the idea of snuggling with strangers to be unpleasant. The fun of cuddling, to me, is being close to somebody you love, and expressing mutual affection.

It's nice to think about, but that's never really happened in my own experience, even among people who knew each other well.

I've seen articles about them and I *thought* we've discussed it somewhere on AVEN...Anyway, I personally don't enjoy physicall contact, but I also can't imagine being close to a random group of strangers.

Cate

The fun of cuddling, to me, is being close to somebody you love, and expressing mutual affection.

Gotta aggree with that...Id find it pretty difficult to cuddle someone who I dont know extremly well

The fun of cuddling, to me, is being close to somebody you love, and expressing mutual affection.

Gotta aggree with that...Id find it pretty difficult to cuddle someone who I dont know extremly well

Um....Yes? I love cuddling...and i'm sure i could go ahead and do it with a stranger...just...I think i'd enjoy it much much more if i knew the person.

Same here. I can see it as being a nice idea for some people out there, but it really is not something for me. Personally, getting that close to strangers has quite the opposite effect of getting close to a friend or loved one. I've had to engage in short hugs in the past with people I hardly knew, and even that made me shrink away a bit. It just makes me uncomfortable.

I think we did discuss this once?

I'm not interested in that sorta of thing either - I'd prefer a one to one session with someone I was actually close with. But I can see how it'd be nice for other people, and it's nice to see people engaging in physical intimacy and not equating it with sex for once!

Well, I don't think the idea was to plunk down with a bunch of strangers but still, it'd have to be someone I'm very comfortable with. My cousins and I are sorta' like that. When we have a family gathering, it's inevitable that all the "kids" (my generation) will plunk down with pillows or use each other as pillows, it's nice. Anything other than that, I don't think so.

What do you think of this idea from the states.

Groups flop together on the floor, no sex, pjs stay on.

Supposed to be v relaxing.

Would it catch on here?

If you're female, just join a rugby team. My team does that all the time. Cuddling is big, gay or straight or asexual, doesn't matter.

It's nice to think about, but that's never really happened in my own experience, even among people who knew each other well.

Cuddle parties usually don't occur between friends. It's organized online, and the guests are strangers. I find it to be an adorable practice that seems to help many people wind down and get the physical comfort and support that they need. But I'd never want to engage in it myself.

I find the rule #1- no dry humping! To be amusing.

Cuddle parties usually don't occur between friends. It's organized online, and the guests are strangers.

In that case then definitely not. (Not for me, that is). I don't even like going to NEW YEAR'S parties with a bunch of strangers, let alone a cuddle party.

Maybe Bush and Kerry should have had a cuddle instead of a debate.

Yikes.

Just so I don't have to see it.

Cate

• 2 weeks later...

what if during cuddling, especically a guy gets aroused. for me it doesnt necessarily mean sexualy, just means, im relaxed, content, excited but could very well mean nothing to be with sex.....so if your asexual and your partner or cudller gets aroused, could you handle it to mean nohting sexual? just a thought.

Maybe Bush and Kerry should have had a cuddle instead of a debate.

Yikes.

Just so I don't have to see it.

Cate

Yes, that would be quite disturbing to see...... :shock:

I think cuddle parties sound great, but only with people you know quite well or feel comftable with. It would feel too....weird with strangers.

Hmmm, I'm just not a cuddler. Quite frankly, the idea of going to a cuddle party would totally freak me out. :shock: I don't even really enjoy the occasional hug with people I'm close to. But that's just me.

I wouldn't want to so much as touch someone who I didn't like, even less would I let them cuddle with me.

That's abhorrent. And I think cuddling is the epitome of contact, and I feel the best in that situation(even though I've only been in that situation with my pillow :( Though I have had outercourse a few times, and that was alright too. Giving, not receiving, and I did not go below the waist. That's enemy territory damnit.)

....yeah

what if during cuddling, especically a guy gets aroused. for me it doesnt necessarily mean sexualy, just means, im relaxed, content, excited but could very well mean nothing to be with sex.....so if your asexual and your partner or cudller gets aroused, could you handle it to mean nohting sexual? just a thought.

I for one get an erection from having pressure allied "down there"... Doesn't mean I want to f*** something though!

My friends and I actually do this. I've been flopping with my friends, preferably on cushy beds or thick rugs, since high school. To me, it's a cuddly alternative to traditional seating - just provide an empty space with cushions, pillows, blankies, and jammies if it's a sleepover, instead of chairs and a table, or even just sofas and futons. Living in a small dorm environment likely doesn't help -we only have so much room to work with, but plenty of people, and the heat doesn't always work.

In my experience, the cuddle piles generally lead to debating, just more comfortable conversation, although keeping eye contact or noting facial expressions is a bit more difficult when you're laying across their stomach or on their thigh (Which is fine with me - I don't like eye contact to begin with.)

what if during cuddling, especically a guy gets aroused?

<snip>

As far as sexual stuff goes, depending upon the makeup of the group, it can be laughed off, or be horrifying. With my almost all-female high school friends, they could make out and be fine, but any actual sexual contact was incredibly embarrassing to the group. My current friends - the offending couple/triad/whatever generally excuses themselves to a spare bedroom, attempts to initiate an orgy (hasn't worked yet, and I'll run away...or worse, point, laugh, and throw popcorn) or offers themselves up to mockery until the offending sex organ goes away. I'm not squicked by bodily fluids or genitalia - I just don't really want them touching my own fluids/bits - so I prefer poking and giggling until it goes away. Pretty effective, and since I'm female, it satisfies a bit of natural curiosity about the bits I don't have.

-LD

PearBeBeautiful
Hmm, a debate and a cuddle at the same time... now that sounds nice!

That's my type of relationship. I for one, would enjoy cuddling and being close to someone. I feel that it would be odd and awkward to do such with someone I didn't know well or didn't share feelings towards, (what would be the point?) I think that being close to someone and showing affection is a wonderful way of spending time with someone you love.

I've lived in the states all my life. I've never even heard of cuddle parties... it'd be different, that's for sure.

I've heard about cuddle parties in a couple of news stories... not much, though.

I really would love to attend once, since I really really enjoy close physical contact, hugging, et cetera, and it seems like it would be a wonderful medium to meet other people non-sexually.

I'm curious about something, though.

For guys, an errection feels like it is gigantic, and certainly it's visible and tactile... whereas for girls it's supposedly more discreet -- how true is the latter? I mean, between the increased surface area, increased sensitivity, and pressure against clothing, guys definitely can't ignore it. Lacking female anatomy, I don't know much about the flip side of things. :P

According to the cuddle party website, all participant cuddlers are to just ignore it. Don't associate it with sex, and just recognize that is a sign of contentment, as you said. As long as it doesn't result in sex or dry humping, then it's fine for a cuddle party.

twilight_at_dawn

I remember commenting on this in another post, so yeah we've talked about it before...but not in depth.

I think the idea is great! I myself would join in if ever the urge to join in came. In a sense I'd find it odd cuddling with my friends, because none of my friends are very physical, but if I were in the right mood, and open enough to enjoy it at the time, I think I'd love it.

Archived