Articles

Gizmo

I am writing a paper on asexuality for a WST class and thought I would share some of the things I found on the topic (last two are books w/ parts about asexuality

"Coming to an Asexual Identity: Negotiating Identity, Negotiating Desire" by Kristin S. Scherrer from "Sexualities" http://sexualities.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/11/5/621

"Asexuality: Classification and Characterization" by Nicole Prause and Cynthia A. Graham

"Asexuality: Prevalence and Associated Factors in a National Probability Sample" by Anthony F. Bogaert

"Toward a Conceptual Understanding of Asexuality" by Anthony F. Bogaert

"Methodological Issues for Studying Asexuality" by Andrew C. Hinderliter

"A History of Celibacy" by Elizabeth Abbott

"Bisexuality: a critical reader" by Merl Storr

2015 Edit - We have access to most of these articles/papers. For more info, PM me or a member of the Project Team.

Lord Happy Toast

If you're interested, here are three more articles that I'm aware of.

Johnson, M. T. (1977) "Asexual and Autoerotic Women: Two invisible groups." in ed. Gorchros H.L. and Gochros J.S. The Sexually Oppressed. New York: Associated Press.

Brotto, L. A., Knudson, G., Inskip, J., Rhodes, K., & Erskine, Y. (in press). Asexuality: A mixed methods approach. Archives of Sexual Behavior. DOI 10.1007/s10508-008-9434-x

Brotto, L. A., Yule, M. A. (2009) Reply to Hinderliter. Archives of Sexual Behavior. 38. 622-623

The first one is kind of an older article but definitely worth reading. The second is a recent paper (published online but not yet gone to press.) The third is a response to "Methodological Issues for Studying Asexuality."

2015 Edit - We have access to most of these articles/papers. For more info, PM me or a member of the Project Team.

If you're interested, here are three more articles that I'm aware of.

Johnson, M. T. (1977) "Asexual and Autoerotic Women: Two invisible groups." in ed. Gorchros H.L. and Gochros J.S. The Sexually Oppressed. New York: Associated Press.

Brotto, L. A., Knudson, G., Inskip, J., Rhodes, K., & Erskine, Y. (in press). Asexuality: A mixed methods approach. Archives of Sexual Behavior. DOI 10.1007/s10508-008-9434-x

Brotto, L. A., Yule, M. A. (2009) Reply to Hinderliter. Archives of Sexual Behavior. 38. 622-623

The first one is kind of an older article but definitely worth reading. The second is a recent paper (published online but not yet gone to press.) The third is a response to "Methodological Issues for Studying Asexuality."

Do you know where I can find these articles? The university I am at does not have them (also the libraries that trade with them do not have them) :(

Archived