Some questions about binders. The kind for boobies.

Guest Heather

Guest Heather

Hi,

This might be a bit of a stretch for this board, but since it does get a lot of traffic and discussion relating to changing genders or becoming neutrois, I figured this was a good place for this thread.

I've heard of some people using "binders", I suppose they're called, to squish one's chest area down to nothing.

Recently I've become increasingly uncomfortable with my boobs. I'm a size 14 (US sizes) and a 38DDD. My hips balance them out, but they just feel like huge globs of fat sticking out from my chest. I feel like I'm not healthy, even though I've lost a bunch of weight. I even weighed my boobs just to see how much less I would weigh without them - they're 17 pounds. <_<

So I've been wearing sports bras, with good results. But all the sports bras I can find have racer backs, and are intended for people with a maximum of D cup, probably. Mine pull the racer back to where it's tight against the back of my neck, because there isn't enough fabric in the front to cover everything. It's making my back and neck hurt pretty badly.

So what are binders like? Where do I go to get one? Are they comfortable, or is it like wearing a corset on your top half? Can you breathe with one on? Are they breathable? Are they thick? Do they show through clothes? Are they expensive?

If not a binder, what do you recommend? Is there a good sports bra company that makes something other than racer backs, or designs for full-busted people?

Thanks.

Well I'm not an expert about this stuff since I only use chest binding for costumes, but a lot of people like binders from here: http://ftm.underworks.com/

I've been told they're comfortable and can be worn for the day without any problems. They're kind of pricey I guess, but they can be worn under your clothes without showing and you can definitely breathe in them. I personally think they're worth the investment.

I have this binder: http://www.t-kingdom.com/shopping/english/...0_english.shtml

But I wouldn't recommend this one because I think it's made for women who already have small chests. It's pretty comfortable though. I never have any trouble breathing and can wear it all day without feeling like my chest is being crushed.

Hope that helps a little :)

mad_scientist

I'm an E cup and have the same issues. I don't think you'll find a comfortable binder if you're going for a flat chest, though. I've tried. Binders can only do so much.

If you try to smash your boobs with a binder, you'll just look kind of rounded instead of having two defined boobs, which may not look any better and sure won't feel any better. That material has got to go somewhere, either straight out or to either side. You could investigate reduction surgery just to know about it. Large breasts can get very uncomfortable as you get older because they tend to sag and have to be held up even more strongly than now. Thus, it could be considered a medically needed surgery. (If you're not in America with our crappy system, that is. :( )

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but this company sells a very wide variety of sports bras, in your size and larger:

http://www.titlenine.com/home.do

Here's one that's described as "It's almost like not having breasts at all. Well almost"

http://www.titlenine.com/product/sports-br...icks&page=2

Hmm. With my sports bra, it sort of makes one big, flat lump all the way across my chest.

Binders do that too, only flatter. If you've got 38DDD, I don't mthink you'd have much of a chance of looking totally flat though, not without it getting very uncomfortable and possibly unhealthy.

Since your not trying to look male (which is what binders are mostly for) I'd say the Frog bra mentioned by Ilt is probably your best bet. It has a good reputation both as a sport bra and as a way to make your breasts look smaller.

I tried a frog bra- but it was too tight, and when I washed it it shrunk another size and almost killed me (not literally, but if I tried using it for sports that would've been messy). So be really careful when you order htem to get the right size.

I'd reccomend a FrogBra too, just because binding a chest that big would be pretty dangerous.

If you're not using a commercial binder, some pretty bad things could happen to your chest/back, and I can only imagine they'd be worse with a larger chest because you'd have to bind tighter.

I don't know about those commercial binders because I've never used one, but I knew a larger person who did, and I got the impression it was fairly comfortable, except for on hot days.

If you do try binding just remember to be very very careful. I fractured my sternum by binding with a tensor band, and it never really has healed >_<

I have a teeny question- how the heck do you read the sizes for the Frog bra? I've never actually seen any labeled that way. (and please, no smart-butt comments) I've seen every bra, like, ever, and I've never seen those sizes.

What would a 44DD take?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I too would also rather have a uniboob than two individuals XD

I don't think that sportsbras are harmful. In my experience, I've always been in a LOT of pain after wearing a normal bra, and sportsbras are so comfortable I can wear them all the time without even noticing.

Tensor bands are one of the most dangerous ways to bind (most FTM sites will go on and on about this). Something I'd reccomend is a strip of woven cotton - that doesn't stretch. Its safer than tensor bands because it flattens you but doesn't really constrict. If you can sew, you can also set it up so that it closes with bra clasps. Otherwise, I think safety pins also work.

I found something that's great for DDD+ sized chests! ^^ It can't really count as a binder, per se- but I found it to solve the bra discomfort issue I've had. Very good support and VERY nice. It covers "back-fat" and is wonderful on the shoulders (for bad shoulders or just less painful straps).

If you get it small enough- it could certainly count as a binder- it's thick and like a short tank top.

Always For Me - A Big Attitude Bra-Top - 1X -6X

mad_scientist
I found something that's great for DDD+ sized chests! ^^ It can't really count as a binder, per se- but I found it to solve the bra discomfort issue I've had. Very good support and VERY nice. It covers "back-fat" and is wonderful on the shoulders (for bad shoulders or just less painful straps).

If you get it small enough- it could certainly count as a binder- it's thick and like a short tank top.

I'm an E cup and you're my new best friend.

I'm an E cup and you're my new best friend.

Aw yay ^-^ I'm so glad I could help... it took me years to find the kind of bra I was picturing in my head on an actual search engine.... and the funny thing was, I was looking for a plus size cami. O-o;

:cake:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reposting this here, because it fits in this thread:

Since this is the most read part of the gender forum, a quick binder question here:

I'm in the process of ordering my first binder, a Tri-top Chest Binder at Underworks.

I have a 32C cup. I took my measurements for the binder (28-31) and for the Tri-top that translates to an extra-small.

Huh? 32C= extra small? really?

Also, the extra small has sizes 28-30. Would that mean it's too tight for me? The small is 30-33.. defenitely not my size.

if anyone has experience buying binders a quick reply would be very helpful.

ps: also breasts automaticly reshape themselves if you try to measure them... is it okay is the largest bust-measurement is done with the boys slightly compressed under the measuringtape? I could get a measurement of 30 then, which would make the 28-30 binder okay...

pps: I just noticed that many of the other binders do have size 28-31. Does that mean the Tri-top compresses less or more? *confused*

ppps: any experience with Underworks shipments to Europe? how long does regular shipment take?

pppps: I'm FINALLY shopping for a binder! yay! :D

Archived