Strange question about masturbation. [sexually explicit]

Hi all.

This is a strange question but one that's been troubling me for a while. So I wondered what your thoughts would be.

I'm pretty sure i'm ace, but i've been masturbating since I was 10! I only just realised this literally yesterday. This is because I do it in a wierd way. If you have an aversion to topics like this then stop reading :P

Basically, I cross my legs and squeeze them together. :redface: And I can get to orgasm by doing this. I started to wonder what it was I was actually doing yesterday, and I got the guts up to google it, and found a few pages that explained that it's a form of masturbation that is mainly discovered in childhood. I was like "Oh! So that's what it is. Ewwww."

Anyway. Because I obviously don't put anything in there to masturbate, the idea of putting something there is just really foreign and creepy. I'm wondering if maybe that contributes to me being ace? although i'm a believer that you're born ace, i'm wondering if maybe I try to.. experiment.. and see if I can do it the normal way, and maybe if I get comfortable doing it that way I might be attracted to men.

Does that sound crazy? Thanks for reading i'd love your thoughts on my strange situation :cake:

There are plenty of people on here who masturbate "the normal way" and are still asexual. For me, the aversion is more about a sentient person being there with me, seeing me, getting pleasure from me, having that intelligence and knowledge and individuality... I find that repulsive. Whatever I do, I do alone. So I'm not going to put any money on you becoming sexual just by changing the way you masturbate.

I'm inclined to agree with Orianna here. I don't think changing the way you masturbate will result in you becoming attracted to men. You'd still be doing the same thing (masturbating) but just using a different method. Putting something inside of your body (whatever that something may be) is still very different from being somewhere, naked, with a man and having him insert part of his body inside of yours...it's very different, obviously. I doubt that masturbating the "normal way" will make you want a man to do that to you with his...ahem. Haha, sorry, I was kind of redundant with that, I was just trying to do a thorough job of explaining why.

Also, you're fortunate that you can orgasm from crossing your legs and squeezing them together. I wish it was that easy for me!

Can you do it without any outward signs of orgasm? I've heard of a few women that could do it and it sounds like a really handy skill to have.

Can you do it without any outward signs of orgasm? I've heard of a few women that could do it and it sounds like a really handy skill to have.

hehe you mean undercover masturbation? Not really. It's easier to do it in private lying down anyway.

Can you show me those sites... you are making me believe I just might have had orgasms in my life time without realizing... O.o...

They aren't very good but this is what I found...

http://dodsonandross.com/blogs/betty-and-c...en-i-masturbate

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Female-Masturba...08/4/Help-6.htm

I masturbate from time to time but, it's far away from having sex. Like Orianna said, I would like relationship based on personalities, emotions, knowledge, not sex, not body.

Dylan-Michael

I do masturbate, but not very often. :mellow:

I sometimes picture other people, but that eventually "Turns me off" from masturbation.

Not that you need to know that... That's probably too much information.

Oh thank god! I thought I was the only one who masturbated like that!

I started doing that when I was a girl too. That would explain it. haha thanks :)

I agree that doing it a different way isn't going to make you like men. Either through the thigh-squeeze exercise or using an object you are, in essence, stimulating your body. And this act is a very very far cry from the actual act of sex. And just to be politically correct, sorry if this is too much infomation, but lesbian women have contact down there in various ways and it in no way makes them like men.

:excl: But my main concern in posting this is to tell you that if you are considering using some type of object, please DO NOT use any type of foreign object that is not made for this purpose. You could seriously injur or scar yourself. The interior of a woman's body can be fragile and a slight tear or cut in that body wall can cause internal bleeding or an infection. You can die from this, as has been the case for a few poor individuals. This is not to say that masturbation is wrong or deadly, just a reminder to stay safe. And if you do decide to use an object make sure that it is kept clean and sterilized. Wierd molds and funguses like to grow from human bodily fluids. (sorry, I'm paranoid... :wacko: )

• 4 weeks later...

it seems like alot of asexuals that masterbate did it as an experiment when they were young and do it more for fun than for lusting after people. I started when i was 14 on accident, it hurt alot the first time and i thought something was really wrong. But overtime i would say that i did it out of boredom and to get that good feeling, i never did it because i saw a hot girl and had to release some steam.

TheLocalDinosaur

My situation is actually very similar to your own. I discovered masturbation at an early age as well (though I didn't know what it was called then). I can get off by rubbing my legs together or applying pressure, but never sticking anything up there. I don't know what ties this has to my asexuality, but it is definitely an interesting observation.

I'm male. I masturbate the normal way, and I do it probably about as often as a sexual would.

The main difference for me is that I don't imagine myself having sex. That's a turn off. I imagine other people, other lives. Imaginary people of my own design. Never actual people.

I don't know if I'm normal or not. Just sharing.

Gho St Ory Qwan
I do masturbate, but not very often. :mellow:

I sometimes picture other people, but that eventually "Turns me off" from masturbation.

Not that you need to know that... That's probably too much information.

haha I'm the same. I can masterbate with a blank mind, but I never really orgasm anymore which sucks 'cus when I do I can sleep afterwards and I have really bad insomnia. lol

I must say though, at the risk of going into too much detail, I never thought of putting anything erm, up there. I can't even use a tampon when I need one! I just rub... :redface: I remember a girl used to squeeze her legs together then rub the front of herself down on the corner of the chair at school and I always watched with horror then one time she looked at me and we were both embarressed for some reason, then a few years later I realised that was probably masterbation which tripled my horror! :blink: I think its masterbation to just rub anyway, no wonder I dont orgasm, its nothing like normal' masterbation.

But I hate masterbating as I do, so I'm never gonna experiment. Wait, if I get the urge to masterbate am I horny? My mind is completely blank untill I think Im ready to orgasm then I need to think of something quick and if I think of something good it works but nowadays nothing works. If I ever think of something I've thought of before it wont have an effect. It's like its completely random tbh. =[

it seems like alot of asexuals that masterbate did it as an experiment when they were young and do it more for fun than for lusting after people.

I'm just gonna point out that most people, asexual or not, start out masturbating as an experiment. Masturbation when you're younger (little kids) is something you can discover by coincidence and don't understand that you're masturbating. Once you're closer to puberty, it's a sexual curiosity thing. Masturbation as an experiment is not isolated to asexuals. Masturbating without thinking of sex or other people is not isolated to asexuals. Masturbating as a child without realising is not isolated to asexuals.

Gho St Ory Qwan

thats true actually. It's just most people find it weird that you prefer to masturbate without thinking of sexual things. This is debatable seeing as asexuals might still have fetish's so they might think of something that a sexual would think of and get the same response... anyway, to avoid digressing.. i think probably most asexuals find sexual thoughts to put them off of masturbation, which is most likely limited to asexuals 9and likely not all of them).

I'm male. I masturbate the normal way, and I do it probably about as often as a sexual would.

The main difference for me is that I don't imagine myself having sex. That's a turn off. I imagine other people, other lives. Imaginary people of my own design. Never actual people.

I don't know if I'm normal or not. Just sharing.

I'm exactly the same way, only I'm intersexed so the "equipment" is different. lol