sexual medium

articvibe

Sexual medium  

1. 1. Find your self giving advice on sexual relationships?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

More and more i find my friends coming to me for advice on relationships and in general the person of the opposite sex about how they think what particualr mannerisims mean and so on so forth. I dont particularly mind i find the entire thing fairly amusing but i was woundering if anyone else was in the same boat people coming to you for realtionship advice a gender translator or coming to you after a bad break up or someting like that. In essence are there anyother asexuals out there who are effectively sexual mediums bridging the stupid sexual divides that they seem so intent on creating between the gender types.

I am quite non-judgmental and ...well, awesome... but I do find myself the person people call about their sexual irregularities... but they did that before I realized I was ace. I guess I just have a sage visage. Its probably the sideburns.

No, I don't have that problem, but I'm pretty new to all of this anyway.

All the time. My friends call me, rant to me. It's probably just because I hate telling them to shut up. But I do think I give good advice. :rolleyes:

yeah. my friends all do that to me. they did that to me before and even more now that they know i am asexual, at least the ones that know i am. i swear, it is like they think that since i don't really have any interest in them then i have an unbiased opinion and therefore am more legit and would have better advice than sexual people. i don't get it, but apparently my advice has helped many people so whatever.

I used to be known as the relationship help girl.

Thank god they never asked about sex though because I wouldn't be able to help them there haha

I've mentioned this in another thread recently, but:

I actually get quite a lot of my friends asking for my advice, they seem to think that my asexuality gives me a certain objectivity; and makes my advice somehow superior.

I always try to qualify my advice with 'this is how it looks from outside' and similar disclaimers.

I can't say I have people asking me about that, but one specific friend do it all the time. And he says I'm pretty good at it, although I've never had a relationship, it still feels good to help :)

. . .but there are sounds

Yeah, actually. Though, not just for relationships, something about me seems to provoke people to tell me their problems. I don't feel that my advice is particularly sage, but I don't mind.

In_Omnia_Paratus

My friends ask me for help all the time and I'm like "I really don't know how good this advice is going to be...considering" but they ignore that, Apparently I'm really good at giving advice...so they keep coming back :D

It's nice to feel needed :D

annwyl_cariad

I basically always get those kinds of questions, and always have, even before I started identifying as ace. Especially as it became increasingly clear to others around me that I was totally uninterested in sex, they ask me because they know I'll give a purely rational answer. It's like, if they want a lovey-dovey answer, they'll go to someone else, but if they want the cold, hard, unsugarcoated truth, they'll come to me.

When one of my best friends came to me for help last weekend, I believe she used the phrase "you're unclouded by like, emotions and hormones and stuff." Which wasn't exactly true, as I was metaphorical inches away from clawing the eyes out of the douchey guy that was pressuring her for sex...but I know she meant romantic emotions.

Thankfully, no one ever asks me for sex advice. While I do believe I'm qualified to give advice about interpersonal relationships and how one human being should treat another, they all know I am absolutely unqualified to help them spice up their sex lives. XD

Yup! I seem to be the go-to person, which I find really amusing, but oh well~ But, just because they come to me for advice doesn't mean that they necessarily take it. *sigh*

My cousin came to me once about problems with her bf since she didn't have anyone to turn to at the time, really needed to talk & we're really close. I told her that I probably wasn't the best person to give advice on relationships. She said I might've been the best person to ask since my mind wasn't blurred by being in relationships.

Those who can't do; teach.

Haha yeah

21-15 thanks for voting people i thought there would have been more yes' because im apparently a mini relationship guru but meh i think its just because im an imparshal observer asexy power peoples

and to all my voters

:cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

I am definetly my friends' go-to person for relationship advice and sometimes sex advice. I guess they can tell I'm not blinded by "Omg sex sex sex" and that I fail to get googly-eyes over romance.

Archived