Best responses to your asexuality

Pandoren

strawberry-fields

Oops! Thanks for the link Orianna. Forums are like Google results pages... if it's not on the first page, it doesn't exist ;)

I will go for the cliché "Great minds think alike"!

Well, I'm still figuring it out, but my girlfriend is apparently pretty cool with it (considering it means she probably won't be having sex much anymore).

Her: Hey, if you're asexual, that means neither of us will have to give birth!

Me: Because I can spore!

Her: Yes!

We're quite alike in other ways. : P

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

The best was that some people seriously asked me questions and wanted to learn more.

Same. And then I go all :vis: :vis: :vis: on their asses!

The best thing for me? I haven't come out to many people, but I was once talking to someone and they said 'hey, what's your type?' I replied that i didn't have one and they immediately asked 'are you asexual?'. WHy is that awesome? because they actually knew what it was without me having to tell them, though they did bombard me with loads of questions.

Oh there's got to be one positive responce... possibly there's not because- wait a minute there was one.

me: you know how people like other people?

her: Like how I like my bf?

me: no, more like how guys like girls?

her: oh, ya.

me: and some guys like guys? and some guys like both?

her: well ya (getting a little irritated by now)

me: well some guys like neither, and... that's me

her: YOU LUCKY! *stands up* relationships waste so much time *walks away*

So envy is a cool response :)

Dylan-Michael

So, I was sitting at lunch, with two Girls.

O and J.

O: "Did you know that Dylan doesn't like Boys or Girls, he's asexual."

J: "That's Awesome. That must be nice."

O: "That's Probably why he's so damn happy all the time." *Turns to me* "Aren't you always happy?"

Me: "Well, I...

O: "See".

My best story is I was telling one of my friends. When we were having this deep conversation about normality and social norms and stuff. And I was like "well actually there is something I want to tell you. Like the whole reason that I hate the social norm of having to like people and wanting sex and stuff cause I'm asexual."

and my friend just goes "Yeah..." as if I had yet to tell her the really important thing. :lol: I nearly fell off my chair because of how chill she was being about it.

Only told one person so far - turned out to be a lot less awkward than I thought it would.

Me: So, obviously, there are heterosexuals, and homosexuals, and bisexuals, and I am in a fourth category ...

Him: Androgynous?

Me: No. Its ... no. I'm asexual.

[Long conversation where I explain romantic, aesthetic and sensual attraction, repulsed and indiferent asexuality and still having a sex drive, where he seemed to grasp everything before I even said it. There was a lot of "of course"s and "obviously"s, and he seemed to instinctively get that sexual attraction was not everything.]

Me: So, it is different to androgyne in that ...

Him: Yeah, I know. You are completely right. Its good to know your orrientation - now I know how to talk to you about sex.

I love my friends.

I was at a sci-fi convention at a panel on gay, lesbian, and bi character portrayals in New Who. I went up to the moderator afterwards and explained to him that while I enjoyed the panel, I was asexual and I thought that next year it should also include a discussion of asexuality, as that's also prevalent in Doctor Who.

He not only knew what I was talking about, but said he had asexual friends and that he thought it would be a great idea to include it for next year. Plus, I managed to say I was asexual in front of about ten strangers, when before this only... five? of my closest friends knew. Anyway, it was brilliant. :aven:

I was at a sci-fi convention at a panel on gay, lesbian, and bi character portrayals in New Who. I went up to the moderator afterwards and explained to him that while I enjoyed the panel, I was asexual and I thought that next year it should also include a discussion of asexuality, as that's also prevalent in Doctor Who.

He not only knew what I was talking about, but said he had asexual friends and that he thought it would be a great idea to include it for next year. Plus, I managed to say I was asexual in front of about ten strangers, when before this only... five? of my closest friends knew. Anyway, it was brilliant. :aven:

Best story ever, congrats!

sitdownstandup

my responses have been positive.

me: I've questioned my sexuality in general.

friend: really?

me: yeah, I think I'm asexual.

friend: I figured that, I know you.

on a forum I mentioned I was asexual because it was so large and was scared of people messaging me wanting to strip on their webcam or talk about being horny. Apparently I was the first person to say something like this, and one person started a thread about it asking questions. It was really dumb of me to mention it in the first place, (because of unwanted attention) but I'm glad that the ones who knew what we were defended me by acknowledging it as an orientation.

my "bad responses" were from my parents, they were more like "I'm going to pretend what you mean by that" responses though. It probably has something to do with my reluctance to thoroughly define the orientation.

applesandbananas

my favorite response, simply because no amount of logic will overturn this point.

"...and yet you still go to strip clubs."

Cehrazad, that's totally awesome :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:.

H xx

Thanks! That's a lot of cake though. I think I should share. :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: for everyone!

On Topic: The best response i recieved was "That is awesome! I wish I could reproduce by myself."

Off topic: Hey Cupcake_Master, what is the picture in your signature from? Is it from some animé? If so which one?

pawprint prettysure

Off topic: Hey Cupcake_Master, what is the picture in your signature from? Is it from some animé? If so which one?

Cupcake_Master has been banned for trolling.

pawprint

I think my counsellor gave me the best response! I was a little worried about telling her, so I skirted around it with just the "Oh but I never wanted to have sex ever" and she actually suggested to ME that I was asexual :D

Right away I was like "I AM an asexual!"

Then she told me to go make some asexual friends, and embrace my asexuality.

My therapist is so open about everything. Her response - including that to my asexuality - is usually somewhere in the area of, "Be however you want to be, and if someone else doesn't like it, then that's their problem."

When I admitted that I wasn't entirely straight (or at least didn't think so), she just nonchalantly said, "Okay," and continued where she had left off in the conversation.

This isn't directly about my asexuality, and I don't really know if this is a comparative "best," but at least I thought it was funny and the best I've gotten so far, so here goes:

I was bored, so I went on Omegle (a free chat client that connects you to a complete stranger). After a few chats, I got this...

"You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!

You: Hello.

Stranger: Hey asl imma 16 m Miami

You: I am sixteen; female; [location].

Stranger: Horny?

You: Nope.

Stranger: Well damnnn : (

You have disconnected."

So I officially came out to one of my work friends tonight. I texted her before we had to be there, and basically told her that I was going to tell her something important about me, but she had to be open-minded and keep it to herself because I'm not ready to tell most other people.

Having read some of the responses people have gotten, I spent the whole night dreading the conversation, but she was being nice and letting me come to her when I was ready. We were actually about to leave when I mentioned that I hadn't told her what I meant to tell her. She said that I should text it to her when I got home.

The conversation went something like this:

me: so do you just want me to come right out and say it... it'll probably sound weird

her: yeah sure, but you're probably not going to tell me anyway

me: yes I am... ok here goes, don't freak out... I think I'm asexual.

her: why do you "think" that?

me: I've never had any sexual thoughts or feelings about anyone

her: it's not that weird, I was the same way until I started dating my husband and even now I'm not all that into it.

Makes me feel better about choosing her as the first person to come out to.

When I came out on my blog, one of my friends said

This took a lot of courage! CONGRATS! It's out!
Great support.
AsExUaLGaNgStA

The best response I got was from my *sister* G-lORi-A, and it went something like this:

"So are you really gay or not?" -- Gloria

"Yes. No." -- Me

"No, seriously." -- Gloria

"No." -- Me

"Oh, so you're straight then." -- Gloria

"No... I don't like boys or girls." -- Me

Silence.

"Oh... okay, that makes sense." -- Gloria

It's one of the reasons I really liked her. But otherwise, I told this guy from highschool and he said "I knew it!" lol

I think the best reaction I've ever had was from one of my friends. When I told Tristian, a lesbian, I was asexual she first said something like, "So THAT'S why you never realized I was hitting on you!" Then we launched into a crazy conversation about how apparently everyone else had noticed and me, well, nothing. I just thought she was being nice.

When I told Tristian, a lesbian, I was asexual she first said something like, "So THAT'S why you never realized I was hitting on you!"

That's nifty. So is your friend's name, so awesome. Tell her she gets internet cake.

Kreuz, I will never understand why people go on chatrooms looking for ''cyber" sex, it's all just meaningless words to me :wacko:.

H xx

I haven't really "come out" to any people that I know well, partly because it seems unnecessary, given that I've already established my plans of eternal singlehood and celibacy, and partly because I'm not sure how I'd introduce that topic, but I have "outed" myself to various people that are friends-but-not-close-friends (like people I communicate with primarily through the internet, and several people in some of my classes), and all of their responses have been pretty positive.

The first was to my friend of several years whom I never actually see, and he was really accepting and politely curious about what asexual meant and how it applied to me, and let me prattle on about sexuality and how asexuality fit into everything for several hours without interrupting me or being rude.

And then when I "outed" myself to a group of girls whom I know exclusively through the internet (but in a close friendship kind of way), one of them was especially supportive, saying "[Pugnacioun], you are an amazing, smart, wonderful person, and no one -- NO ONE -- can tell you what you feel" (after I complained about the bad reaction one of my other friends had had, which essentially chalked my self-identification up to a short-lived exhibitionist farce), and "it amazes me how sure you are of yourself, and I am insanely jealous. Sexuality is always a very interesting topic, and I think you did a magnificent job explaining it. I'm more informed and greatly appreciative of your information. I'm going to email a past professor of mine (he taught a class called Gender, Sex, and Sexuality) and I think he would be greatly interested in all that material. We talked a little bit about asexuality in class, but I wonder if he knows the extent of the community" (after I posted a general introduction to asexuality as a concept/community on our group blog). I hadn't realized how nice it would be to have someone be willing to not just be understanding or tolerant, but also actively curious and supportive.

I've also revealed myself as asexual to a few of my classmates, none of whom have questioned the validity of the statement. They weren't as nice as the previous person, but they didn't just kind of shrug and say, "Eh, whatever works for you," which I appreciate.

Told two of my friends yesterday (who are boyfriend and girlfriend). They didn't have much to say except "Thanks. It is great that you feel you can trust us enough to tell us stuff like that."

And also, "Its an interesting trend, people telling me they are asexual."

Me: "You know others?" O.o

Our plans for world conquest of cakeshops appears to be ahead of schedule!

I was chatting to a friend who came out to me as trans-gender and he thought I'd take it weird.

Him: You probably think it's weird though huh

Me: not really, we're both different.

Him: What makes you say that?

Me: I'm asexual.

Him: what's that?

Me: It means I'm not sexually attracted to anyone. No need to jump in their pants.

Him: DAMN!

Me: o_o?

Him: I guess I'm asexual too! O_o

I was grinning for a good while xD

Archived