• ISTP
    • ISTJ
    • INTP
    • INTJ
    • ISFP
    • ISFJ

This poll is closed to new votes

MakeshiftMoose

(MBTI stands for Myers-Briggs Typology Indicator for those of you who don't know, by the way)

I've been seeing a lot of INTP, INTJ, and INFP banners in signatures on here. I'm an IxTP myself, and have been thinking; these personality types lend themselves perfectly to asexuality. Detachment and logical thinking are exactly what made me realize I was gray-A, and I'm wondering if it was the same for some of you.

Thoughts? Responses?

EDIT: Oh, wow, that's a huge poll. Sorry 'bout that. Silly double-spacing.

I'm INTP. Or maybe INFP, or INTJ. I've taken some quizzes and gotten those three results, but INTP is the most consistent and the description fits me best.

Mine's not on the poll, but I'm INFJ. I highly disagree with it though. I'm very extroverted, always the one who takes on the leader roll in groups. I mean, I'm your typical alcoholic writer- but I don't just fit into the INFJ stereotype. I guess I should just submit to it though because I've been getting it for years, hahaha.

MakeshiftMoose

Heh, well, new rule for myself: No polls after midnight :) The last two are repetitions, but oh well. Pretend the last two choices are N instead of F. Seems like there might be a high correlation between introversion, intuitive-ness, and asexuality from those links. Either that, or only the intuitive ones found their way here.

I don't think I've ever done one of those tests. They're not particularly great indicators of personality so I wouldn't read too much into any links that may crop up. And like has been said many times before when people are looking at correlates of aesuxality, a common trend on an internet message board does not make statistically significant relationship.

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

I've gotten INTP, INTJ, and ISTP. I've taken the MBTI test four times, and I was INTP twice, so that's what I answered for the poll.

I'm pretty sure we'll have more votes for the "I"'s than for the "E"'s, a part from that I have no idea how this will go, might be good to keep an eye on that.

I'm apparently the first ISTJ

I'm INTP, the thinker. It looks like a lot of others here are as well. Don't really see the connection between INTP and asexuality though.

I'm an ENTP. If you go to this website: http://www.personalitypage.com/relationships.html

It shows how each type is likely to view/act in relationships, including sexually. This is what it said about ENTPs:

"Sexually, the ENTP is enthusiastic and interested in positive, constant growth for both partners. They're likely to be very attentive, involved, and questioning. They enjoy spontaneity rather than fixed schedules, and fully embrace new ideas and adventures. They're likely to approach intimacy as more of a physical act which conveys affection, rather than as an opportunity to explicitly express affection."

I'd say that last part is true. While I'm not interested in sex, I view sex as something sexual people use to physically feel good and to make eachother feel good. I don't understand the emotion involved and I'm not sure if that has to do with me being ENTP or asexual.

intp here, too. I don't necessarily see the connection between that and asexuality though... But there sure are a lot of us on here.

I'm an INFP according to the test. Dunno if I'm an asexual but I guess it explains why I like being on here when I am so much =).

I vary between INFJ and INTJ

Or is that INTP and INTJ?

switchtocolours

I'm ENTP.

Eh. Yeah, these personality things are never that great.

But hey, according to Jung, supposedly I'd be a very good dictator, philosopher, and assassin! I approve, I approve.

• 3 weeks later...
But hey, according to Jung, supposedly I'd be a very good dictator, philosopher, and assassin! I approve, I approve.

Yeah, according to a website about the MBTI types I would also be a good assassin. We both have the -NTP.

Also, it strikes me as notable that as of now the poll says that 50.00% of the votes were for INTP. (represent!) :D

...on the other MBTI poll on AVEN we're only 17.12% though.

http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?sho...999&hl=intp

I'm another INTP.

This poll is messed up. ISFP is listed twice, with no INFP. It needs to be edited, but I guess it's too late for that. The other poll in the above link is better.

Jung would also explain that there is a great deal of misuse of his typology. It has many limitations, and is often used in ways that were not intended. There is so much bad information on the internet regarding the types. The types are very good for explaining general thought processes and cognitive functions, but very poor when it tries to delve into individual specifics and details. Humans are far too complex for that, and very difficult to put into boxes. Fitting a type does not mean that everyone in that type is identical as a person.

... these tests are always so bogus... ISTJ now... did this test twice, different from the other one...

The wording on the tests is often too general, and not specific to situations. The types are well-researched and fairly accurate, but because of the poor structure and wording of the tests, it's sometimes very easy to mistype yourself. It's also possible to be what is referred to as an "X" in one of the 4 areas, which means that you use both functions nearly equally, with usually just a slight preference for one. For example, someone might be an IxTJ, using their S and N functions nearly equally. In that case, you will find that many of the questions are difficult for you to answer, because depending on the situation, you could answer either way. There are also several other complicated reasons why this method of assessment is imperfect. However, it's very informative, nonetheless.

I've taken it several times since 5th grade. Whenever I take it, I'm always IN, but the F, T, P and J often switch around. Feeling and Thinking are always in a dead heat while I've gotten Perceiving slightly more than Judging, but the difference is so little that I would never rule it out.

martianJusticiar

I'm INFJ, which is sadly not in the poll. In fact, two separate people pegged me as such before I even took the test. Weird. Not unfitting, though.

Hullo, INFP here. I've taken several tests and only came up with a different type once or twice (INFJ).

• 2 weeks later...
(MBTI stands for Myers-Briggs Typology Indicator for those of you who don't know, by the way)

I've been seeing a lot of INTP, INTJ, and INFP banners in signatures on here. I'm an IxTP myself, and have been thinking; these personality types lend themselves perfectly to asexuality. Detachment and logical thinking are exactly what made me realize I was gray-A, and I'm wondering if it was the same for some of you.

Thoughts? Responses?

EDIT: Oh, wow, that's a huge poll. Sorry 'bout that. Silly double-spacing.

INFJ is not included in the poll

Yet another INTP here, which suits me just perfectly.

It's kinda interesting that so many people around here get that result!

Archived