I Have A Question

To All:

Greetings. I'm not asexual, but have a friend who I believe might be. she's a 32 year old virgin, and she doesn't date, or hook up with people -- it doesn't seem she ever has, no has any desire to. But the thing is, she masturbates, and owns a vibrator, etc. Do most of you guys out there have similar experiences?

Curious for my friend.

treetop :D

Live R Perfect

Hello Treetop! :D Your friend could still well be asexual - there are many people here who experience sexual arousal and masturbate, and many who don't. Maybe you could point your friend in our diretion and she can decide for herself whether the label fits? :wink:

Good evening, Treetop.

I would agree that your friend should check in and read some of peoples' experiences here. It's easy to speculate and make conclusions based on anecdotal stuff, and this is all a new and fascinating time for people (including us!) to figure out What This All Means, but it's no less a private, intimate thing for all that. Thanks for joining in....

(Moved to the Q&A section for clarity and the consistency we've all come to appreciate and love.)

Yes, send your friend on over! We're having a welcoming party, as it is.

Cate

Party!

Whoooo!

I think this party will be on for quite a while considering where else in the world New scientist has to be published...