• B+
    • B-
    • AB+
    • AB-
    • O+
    • O-
    • i do not know my blood type

This poll is closed to new votes

Don't really know but my dad says it's probably/may be O- (which I think would be awesome). Unfortunately, by doctor won't/can't tell me my type. Not even the people who take my blood. <_<

for the longest time, i never knew what my blood type was. last spring, i was able to find out by signing up to donate blood.

for the longest time, i never knew what my blood type was. last spring, i was able to find out by signing up to donate blood.

I found out the same way, I'm +O.

I recently had shots for rabies, yellow fever, typhoid, hep a & b, flu, tb booster, cholera, diptheria, meningoccal meningitis a,c,w135 and y, tetanus, polio and influenza

and in all that....I forgot to ask my blood group...might be handy

I found out I'm O+ through blood donation. Now they won't let me give blood, because they think I'm prone to fainting because I said the room was hot -_-

A+ here, found out when I donated blood too years ago. Now if only that could reflect my school marks...

I wish I knew actually, just never got round to finding out I guess.

Yay for random strange people-sharing polls!

[quote name='ProdeFemme' date='Oct 15 2009, 08:41 PM' post='1395653'

Because random personal information sharing is fun! :lol:

Laughs!

I pass out about every 3 times I donate blood. I hate that feeling like your blood is on fire just before everything goes black. I much prefer the spinning blacking out feeling after drinking too much Tequila than donating blood.

I'm B positive!

I actually didn't know until this past month, when my lab TA asked for people to donate just a liiiittle bit of blood (just a fraction of what you'd give for the blood bank) for one of our labs. I passed out afterwards (I have some real problems with passing out, lmao), but I finally know my blood type! (The reason I didn't know before is 'cause I don't weigh enough.)

I've always wanted to know my blood type. One of my parents is A, one is B, and both of them have a parent who's O, so I really could be any of them. I think they're all + though.

I've even had surgery and still not been told my blood type. I guess they were not expecting me to lose any blood (and I didn't, so it all turned out ok). I could get a blood type from the doctor, but it is a 120 dollar test (at this doctor's office anyway), and insurance doesn't cover it because they have decided that it is not medically necessary for people to know their blood types.

I know I could donate blood to find out, but now I am supposed to be raising my ferritin level, and that is much harder to do if I give blood. Also, I just feel that I need all of my blood. I don't think I have enough to spare, I need all of it. Even the amount they take for blood tests makes me want to go home and sleep for like 5 hours (though I am always tired anyway, might not be that relevant).

I was thinking about buying a home blood type test from amazon.. I think they have one for 9 dollars or so. I'm not sure how easy it is to do. I think I'm afraid to prick my finger on purpose, but I guess I could just wait until I accidentally cut myself somehow. It will happen sooner or later.

Archived