Dr. Drew On Loveline - Call About Asexuality

zoidberger

Last night I was listening to Loveline which is a nationally broadcast adult radio call-in show in the states.

A caller was put on the air regarding asexuality. I was actually pretty surprised with how logical Dr. Drew (who deals with lots of sex calls regarding physical, mental or relationship problems) handled the situation. The caller seemed sort of out of it... but his mental process was essentially:

"Okay, asexuality... yeah, it's possible given low libidos and such... but you really have to look at an individual basis. Is it DNA? Did the person have bad experiences in their life? Are there any physical problems? (to which the caller answered no regarding physical problems, such as not menstruating or pain)"

There didn't appear to be much of a question... just, sort of, "asexuality"... what do you think? I'd also have to agree with Dr. Drew that the caller seemed depressed and that that could be a possible reason for little to no sex drive.

In the end I thought it was a positive outlook from a well respected "Doctor of Love" but I thought it was too bad that there wasn't a direct question asked and that the caller wasn't really into the call so much, thus it might have been taken in the wrong light.

• 1 month later...

I've never actually listened to Loveline, but I'm glad Dr. Drew had a positive response to it. I've actually enjoyed watching Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew, although it's not something I can relate to really, it's interesting.

Archived