What are you thinking? (gender forum)

Guest Edward's Gory Daughter

How do I break the news to you..?

Oooops ... I think I am in big trouble ...

Nalle Neversure

*Hugs* for you both incase the news are

a.) for Nigel and

b.) not so good.

Silent_Silver

I'm not sure why you think that, but cheers :)

Dare I say its because this:

Photo64.jpg

is such an amazing photo, and you are rather cute ...?

Thank you :redface: This thread is good for my self esteem :)

*Hugs* I hope whatever it is isn't bad news

I'm not sure why you think that, but cheers :)

Dare I say its because this:

Photo64.jpg

is such an amazing photo, and you are rather cute ...?

Thank you :redface: This thread is good for my self esteem :)

You are welcome, and I glad we can help.

*Hugs* for you both incase the news are

a.) for Nigel and

b.) not so good.

*Hugs* I hope whatever it is isn't bad news

Not bad at all, but just confirming something which has been in the back of my mind for sometime. It might be best, though, if Shinnok explains, as it has more to do with him than me.

• 2 months later...
P is for...

EXCUSE ME.

I LEAVE FOR 6 MONTHS AND THE GENERAL GENDER THREAD DROPS TO THE FOURTH PAGE.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

honestly, i expected better work from you people.

Hmm... time to contribute, I guess?

I've actually been transgender for most of my life, up till the age of 16-17 (something like two years ago). I felt like a male trapped in a female body. I had nothing in common with girls, didn't like their ways of doing things and spending time (shopping? gossiping? seriously, that's so boring!), and spent most of my time in company of males. I felt like one of them, I could relate to them much better.

There was a time in my life when I was 16 that I actually thought about getting surgery. But I also knew I was completely disinterested in sex - even though I hadn't heard about asexuality yet - and that I liked boys, so becoming a boy myself would have been extra trouble for romance. That's why I gave up on it.

Now I'm glad I did: falling in love made my feminine side come up. I became a caring, loving, affectionate person as I had never thought I'd be. I gradually came to accept my biological identity and gender identity as well. And here I am, a cisfemale... even though I'm not that feminine at all. :lol:

I basically don't care about whatever my body is; I can basically take up any gender identity either for fun or for convenience, even outside my more-or-less cis presentation. So I should be technically considered genderfluid, but I cut that down to cis for the sake of simplicity.

Dunno whether this was interesting/in topic or not. Just felt like sharing with you.

Nalle Neversure

Dunno whether this was interesting/in topic or not. Just felt like sharing with you.

I would say that's definitely interesting. It's nice to hear different and not so common points of view as well. World is not black-and-white and neither is it strictly divided into static cis and trans. :)

I would say that's definitely interesting. It's nice to hear different and not so common points of view as well. World is not black-and-white and neither is it strictly divided into static cis and trans. :)

Glad I said something interesting then!

Going through those first sixteen years was often difficult for my own identity (I didn't even know transgenders existed before coming here on AVEN three months ago), but in the end, I think it helped my experience a lot. I'm fine being female now, but I also wouldn't mind being neutral. Perhaps it would weird me out a little to be male, but I would eventually get used to that, too. Hooray for overcoming a lifelong conflict with my body. :lol:

That said, I hope transgender people will find this useful - as an ex-transgender I can tell you, never give up hope! You'll eventually either accept yourself the way you are, or definitely get the chance to change it. Everyone is granted a chance in their lives.

Archived