Im on BBC Radio 5 Live tonight about the NS article

Kensta

Woo!, ive just been called asking if i would take part in a discussion for BBC 5 live at 10 o' clock about the New Scientist article.

Im shaking, and nervous.

I need to run around the garden now

Ben Ken

2014 Mod Edit - The interview can be listened to here:

Congrats Kensta, that was GREAT! Very well stated, I was debating calling into the broadcast but you and the experts were covering everything I would have said.

Will 2004 be remembered as the beginning of the asexual movement? It seems we're suddenly getting a flurry of visibility - some good, some not so good. Ah well.

Bless you, Ben! I agree, you covered all the important bits and brought everything in the discusssion back home. Capturing the audio as we speak.

Live R Perfect

Well done Ben. I'll be listening to the show over the internet this evening if I can. You're a braver man than me :wink:

I felt that i was pants. I was too taken aback with being inside the BBC and kept on forgetting what was happening. But it got better during the end. I went to London in a BBC car! it was well good!

Ben Ken

Fuckin' A! That's is so cool! *jealous*

Yeah, I wouldn't know my name if that happened to me.

'Uh...what?...yeah...I'm...uh...what?...asexual?...I mean, yeah!' *whispers*

'Is Mariella Frostrup here?'

Cate

Hey, Kensta, that was really cool!

I listened in live last night. (5 Live radio-waves make it as far as Brussels, but only if the radio's on the right side of the flat!)

I thought you represented AVEN - and yourself - really well. :D

It can't be easy, being there in the studio and doing everything live, but you made a great job of it! You came across as being confident of your identity, and you said all the right things. Top marks!

You definitely deserve a :vis:

Most of the other people there, and the callers, seemed to be pretty understanding - that's got to be good.

It was a slow day at work, so I hd a chance to listen to it off their website. It was a good program, and you were superb!!!

boa

Can you still listen to it? The last show i can find seems to the the friday one (and the asexuality bit was on thursday right?)

Got it. Even as a lo-fi .mp3, however, the whole thing runs about 25 MB (it was a good, looooong discussion!) Give me a bit of time and I can split it into more manageable chunks. Couldn't say if Bannister does transcripts or no.

I've been trying to listen to this but it doesn't seem to be on the Five Live website anywhere :(

Can anyone else send us a transcript or at least the correct link? :?

Its gone from the website now. I've got it on tape, but it looks like bishopsheen has already got it on computer.

Roger that. I think I have a way to do this -- anyone interested in hearing, please send me a PM for details.

Archived