What do you call someone who is only attracted to androgynous/Agendered/Intersex

Typical Power

I'm really curious.

I haven't ever heard of a case of this happening, but what would it be called?

(Either Sexually, or Romantically attracted.)

And to restate the question for anyone whom can't read the title.

What do you call someone who is only attracted to androgynous/Agendered/Intersex

(I'm expecting Three answers, as all three are different things)

I imagine that person would be called Pansexual/Panromantic with a specific kink.

However, I don't see the need to provide three answers, as I only really see one question.

P.

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

I've heard "androgynosexual" (or, I suppose, "androgynoromantic") for attraction to androgynes, but I don't know about the others. Most people I know who would be attracted to an androgyne, an agendered person, or an intersex person would also experience other attractions and self-identify as pansexual...but what do I know?

according to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexual

transromantic: romantic attraction primarily toward person(s) of variant or ambiguous gender.

would apply best, i think.

there's no page only for transromantics, but this one seems to apply for the romantic attraction side, anyway.

panromantic: Romantic attraction not based on gender or lack of gender.

could also apply, i suppose.

Well panromantic covers the whole spectrum of gender/agender, but the OP was asking for people who were only attracted to that kind of person.

I guess we could make up something with neutrois ? Like neutro-romantic ? How would that sound ?

Agender-romantic ?

I'm not sure any of these terms exist and I make them up, but that's an interesting question

A friend of mine uses polysexual -- he's attracted to various sex characteristic combinations, not all of them inary options, but he isn't pansexual.

Guest member25959
I've heard "androgynosexual" (or, I suppose, "androgynoromantic") for attraction to androgynes, but I don't know about the others. Most people I know who would be attracted to an androgyne, an agendered person, or an intersex person would also experience other attractions and self-identify as pansexual...but what do I know?

Is it not 'Androsexual'?

Is it not 'Androsexual'?

As far as my knowledge goes I think that :

"Andro" is greek for men

"Gyno" is greek for women

So the combination of the two gives androgyne.

Therefore Androsexual would be someone attracted to men, not women.

according to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexual

transromantic: romantic attraction primarily toward person(s) of variant or ambiguous gender.

would apply best, i think.

there's no page only for transromantics, but this one seems to apply for the romantic attraction side, anyway.

panromantic: Romantic attraction not based on gender or lack of gender.

could also apply, i suppose.

Hmm... transromantic could apply to me, then, since I'm primarily (but not only) attracted to androgyny. I hadn't heard of it before; so far I've identified as panromantic, since I'm also romantically attracted to a variety of gendered people.

(...that wasn't entirely grammatical.)

Transamorous might work, but that implies attraction to binary transgendered people as well and ignores intersexed. There's nothing really decent- so pansexual is the best you've got for now.

• 4 years later...

I've heard 'skoliosexual/romantic' used to describe someone's attraction to non-binary/intersex/genderqueer people, but I guess it depends on the person.

rotanimonedaifg

I would guess polyromantic/polysexual, since it's for attraction to those outside the gender binary, but not all sexes and genders like pansexual. At the same time, those terms suggest that you are attracted to more than one specific group, so I'm not sure. This is complicated. I guess you could go around identifying yourself as "agenderomantic" or "intersexromantic" or something.

• 2 weeks later...
Lambda Corvus

As long as it's understood that we're talking about gender and not sex, the existing label of "polyromantic" seems to be pretty close. This leaves it open for the individual to specify any restrictions on romance which they may have, such as not being attracted to cisgender individuals and only attracted to those of agender.

But, that is distinctly separate from what was asked for regarding intersex and androgynous individuals. This is attraction based upon sex or appearances, rather than gender. Panromantic could be used to describe both of these attractions, under the strict case of "I don't care about a person's gender, only their sex", but would require additional qualifiers too.

Without inventing new labels, these seem to be the best that we have. Perhaps someone who experiences attraction to androgynous, intersex, or agender individuals would create a new label to describe themselves. Labels do gain traction if they are meaningful to classify aspects of a person, after all.

• 2 months later...

Can you be panromantic and androgynoromantic at the same time? Hmm, no. Although i find androgynous more attractive, its not a must have. And when you go by a romantic or sexual orientation it should be.

Archived