The word "eunuch"

VivreEstEsperer

bard of aven
I didn't get sex ed, all I got was 2 ppl in a box car in downtown Milwaukee in the middle of the day

You midwesterners have all the fun. We never got field trips or show-and-tell like that when I was in school back in New England.

boa

I didn't get sex ed, all I got was 2 ppl in a box car in downtown Milwaukee in the middle of the day

You midwesterners have all the fun. We never got field trips or show-and-tell like that when I was in school back in New England.

boa

:lol:

I can only imagine the inclass movies are like in _that_ classroom.

Teacher: Okay, we're leaving the lights on and I want to see EVERYONE'S hands above the desk!

VivreEstEsperer

Boa: you went to school in new england?

you're the second DC/mid-atlantic region area person in two days that I've talked to and found that they used to live in New England.

Which is obviously a place very near and dear to my hear (ha what a strange phrase) seeing as how I live her and am quite fond of it...

where in new england did you go to school?

Kate

orpheus, boa, cronos...

PUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bard of aven
Boa: you went to school in new england?

Hatched and raised in Connecticut.

boa

WHat class room. I was walking through a train yard with my dad and I see these ppl in a box car. I'm all "dad look! Ppl sleeping!' My dad said he didn't think they were sleeping. I was all, so what are they..ohhhhhh! :shock: I could see what was going on.

or clap their hands...

they didn't clap their hands, did they?! :shock: :?

• 2 weeks later...
petitedrag

i still ponder that "eunuch" word too

i've seen a chinese movie that has a eunuch, and the character acts as if he's sexually interested in another male

but in other movie, it shows the eunuch character has interest in a woman

i think the original intent of many asian countries to castrate (make eunuch)men is so that these men have no attraction to women

female eunuch? hm.. maybe i'll read :The Female Eunuch

by Germaine Greer

Graecisiva
One last thing.. from surfing around the web, it seems that eunuch also has a conotation of homosexuality. In India eunuchs seem to be those castrated and also homosexuals, which are the lowest class of people. (How unfortunate!)

Who knows anything else about the subject? How do eunuchs relate to asexuality??

I have absolutely no idea how eunuchs in general relate to asexuality...they probably do have sex drives although perhaps not so much hetero.

But I do know that that particular class of eunuch of which you mention in India happens to overlap with a group of individuals called hijras. Essentially they are transgendered men, or M2F (male to female). This isn't to be confused with homosexuality. The 'true' hijras are castrated in an elaborate ceremony. They behave and function fully as females/women in society. In certain castes they are shunned. They perform birth rites (esp for male babies) and are usually present at weddings. Their roles in Indian society are complex. Despite that, their income is usually derived from prostitution and begging. They believe in their goddess who in actuality IS neither man nor woman, and does not condone sex at all. But the money's gotta come from somewhere. Life's tough when you're in the minority. There's a book, a pretty easy read, and which I found interesting. It's called 'Neither Man Nor Woman: Hijras in India' by Serena Nanda, if anyone's interested. In addition, Nanda covers a few individual cases as she interviews each of their stories.

gawd, I did it again..

<--the rambler

Archived