AVED 2009!

ily

Don't have time to do anything flashy--just made myself a button (redecorated one I got from my campus' LGBT group, actually) and will wear it and the only purple shirt I own. If I get brave, I might facebook status it.

Unfortunately (in terms of visibility), most of my day will be spent in the campus chapel helping out and guarding drums and equipment for some visiting Buddhist monks who're giving a performance. Anyone know how to explain asexuality in Korean by chance? :lol:

What I'm doing:

AVED.jpg

I'm going around in the middle of the night, all sneaky-like, and stappling these to every bus stop. Wish me luck! *salutes*

Well its the 12th here in Oz (Australia) and I have added a note to my Facebook page with the quote "Don't give a fuck ? www.asexuality.org"

The quote isn't mine, I read it elsewhere here. I don't remember who wrote it but it's too awesome to not use, so thankyou.

and BTW

HAPPY AVED everyone

counterstrike1

VERY good reason for a holiday in my opinion! I e-mailed an AM radio in Salinas, CA. when October 12 was mentioned as a special day; and agreed it was a special day for me and described why. Asexuality was previously never mentioned there- but my e-mail was politely read. Pleasant surprise!

Happy AVED Day!

I plan on making a cake, and changed my Facebook status on this special occasion; I also printed 100 pamphlets and placed them all over my school, including 5 in my classes room on Tuesday. Education is important, heck I feel like I want to advocate.

Well, my Facebook link has attracted the attention of at least three people. One who apparently didn't know about asexuality. :D

... okay, my flyers are up all over the school! Every college and bus stop has them... I pretty much stuck them on every post-board I saw. Hopefully that'll get people talking. It'd be really cool if I heard some people talking about it... I'll have to hang around the bus stops and see if anyone's been noticing them. ;)

i just put as my facebook status:

If you don't give a fuck!... www.asexuality.org AVED 09

(as i was talked about aved in my post yesterday)

so... waiting..

im gunna change it to the 1% milk one later on today...

I'm facebooking and twittering like crazy about it. I wrote an article yesterday, will be writing one on demisexuality today, and changed my facebook image to a black background with white letters saying the classic: "Nobody knows I'm asexual..." (facebook.com/juliejolie)

I also wrote a status update: "Sure I like men. I just don't feel like screwing them". My friends thought it was hilarious.

I know I have got a lot of people wondering what the hell I'm talking about :P YAyyyy!!!!

Next year I'll be able to wear my purple shoes at work. I did 2 asexuality based FB status updates and did my shopping wearing my purple DC's ;)

I've just posted a thread on the forum I'm a moderator on.... I hope I don't get banned for breaking my own rules, rofl!

^ So far I've had one reply on the site- someone said "I'm sorry, but I do have to ask - how on earth do you know that there is an awareness day?! I knew about asexuality, but had no idea that there was a day for it!" rofl

alwaysthinking

by what strange coincidence did i Find this site, this community ON The Day?

is this really, actually 'my' universe, here to support my reality, my whimsy?

All that I've done so far today is post links on my Facebook and Twitter. But they are my official "coming out" I suppose, so I feel rather brave right now! I'm not sure it was the right thing to do, as I have lots of friends from work on my Facebook, but I wouldn't have added them if I wasn't slightly friendly with them anyway, so I think it'll be okay.

I decided the I'll print out 5 pages of this:

Asexual: 1) a form of reproduction

2) a person who does not experience sexual attraction

www.asexuality.org www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexual

7 of those on each page.

alwaysthinking
links on my Facebook and Twitter. But they are my official "coming out" I suppose, so I feel rather brave right now!

same boat, though my own outing was just a single status update:

and just like that, i was not alone... asexuality.org
carried in bags

i saw my mum today, but didnt get the chance to tell her. i didnt have long with her really. if i had a drink or seven, i probably would have

i am going to post a facebook message...only aces will get it tho!

tweeted about aved! :)

and wrote "happy aved" on my facebook

I also stuck some stickers around a mall I went to this weekend.

Hope people will notice the stickers around my shcool as well.

annwyl_cariad

Posted this as my facebook status yesterday: "supports your right to express your sexual, romantic, and gender identity, be you straight, gay, bisexual, asexual, transgender, cisgender, agender, or something else entirely."

Then today I changed it to this: "www.asexuality.org - For those of us who just don't give a fuck. (Asexual Visibility and Education Day 2009)" This is something of a coming out for me...I'll talk about my asexuality with individuals, but I haven't done it publicly before. But I'm not so much coming out about myself as much as telling people about asexuality and noting that I happen to be one....bah, I still felt brave posting it. ^_^ Thanks for the phrase, Sammie, I love it!

So... I've worked up the courage to wear my "Asexy" shirt. :P Thinking about doing a Facebook status, too, but that would require my Facebook to actually work... <_<

EDIT: lol, I like how the link on Facebook comes up with a picture of a piece of cake next to it. :D

But yeah, I pretty much just come out, so wish me luck! And I wish luck to all those who choose to come out today as well...!

posted my facebook status:

Ace of Spades...

no one but my friends will get it, because I don't have the courage to come out to my family yet. Anyway, it's something.

Posted this as my facebook status yesterday: "supports your right to express your sexual, romantic, and gender identity, be you straight, gay, bisexual, asexual, transgender, cisgender, agender, or something else entirely."

I really like this...might steal it for my own status. ;) Well, happy AVED, people! I made a little flier that says "At least 750 people in Redwood City [my town] are asexual. You're not alone" and then told them how to get onto AVEN to look at meetups. I posted one in the library so far, and I'll be posting more around town until I run out of places.

Big :vis: to everyone spreading the word!

Posted a link from Facebook to Aven and updated my status accordingly, rather appropriate seeing as I was statusing about the Snooker yesterday:

Matt asexuality - the reason I can listen to snooker commentary about people taking "a deep screw into the balls hoping to get a nice kiss" and not find myself giggling like a girl

Sadly nobody seems to have responded so I think I've gone unnoticed.

Yeah, I noticed a lot of the fliers I put up disappeared as well... Oh, well. At least you know someone saw them!

carried in bags

just having a chat with an old school friend on facebook chat:

(i did have the chat in a post but i edited it out - he was rather ignorant on the subject)

CrazyCatLover

I wished everyone a happy Asexuality Visibility and Education Day in my facebook status and also posted the following blurb in a few groups on facebook.

Today is the international Asexuality Visibility and Education Day (AVED). The goal of this day is to increase awareness of asexuality, and ultimately acceptance of asexuality as a valid orientation particularly among medical and mental health professionals. If you want to learn more about asexuality, please visit the Asexuality Visibility and Education Network (AVEN) at http://www.asexuality.org.

Thanks and Happy AVED!

Oh, and the Sexual and Gender Diversity Resource Center put up a blurb on their calender as did the Unitarian Universalist church. :)

Archived