AVED 2009!

ily

I'll be in the office that day, but I'll wear purple for sure!

And I may try to stick some stickers with AVEN www.asexuality.org / asexuality day Oct, 12 written on it. Maybe some people around will be curious and look it up on the internet...

And I may try to stick some stickers with AVEN www.asexuality.org / asexuality day Oct, 12 written on it. Maybe some people around will be curious and look it up on the internet...

Ta da! Here are the leaflets/mini-zines I made which I'm going to distribute.

http://img53.yfrog.com/i/n5t.jpg/

Stupid AVEN poster wouldn't let me post the image, just the link. <_<

Ha, I love that picture of the woman playing cards. I always like to see people making literature-- here, have a medallion: :vis:

Nico-Nico Friendo

Your mini-mag doesn't have AVEN's web address on it. How are people going to know where to look up more information?

In_Omnia_Paratus

Well I wear my Ace of Hearts necklace everyday :D

hm... well I suppose I could make a shirt, Heaven knows I'll be shouting HAPPY AVED to everyone, or even

"you just got AVED" :P nice catch phrase...me like. :P

Your mini-mag doesn't have AVEN's web address on it. How are people going to know where to look up more information?

Oh no! I guess I saw the link in the poster and forgot I needed a real one. I'll add it soon.

There are several people who I think might possibly be asexual. I'm planning on printing out brochures, waiting till AVED, anonymously slipping the brochures somewhere where I know they'll find them, and then watching the Welcome Forum for a couple of days.

I'M GOING TO MAKE CAKE! :D

Me too! Purple cake. I may tell people why, I may not. I think I will make cupcakes, track down my close friends who don't yet know I'm ase, then give them a cake and explain about the day. Then I can give them a card too!

Note to self: cjeck this forum more often.

I really want to do somehting but what I have no clue (I can't wear stuff at work due to the fact we have the uniform of doom). Hmmm...

What can I do? *thinks*

Nico-Nico Friendo

I really want to do somehting but what I have no clue (I can't wear stuff at work due to the fact we have the uniform of doom). Hmmm...

What can I do? *thinks*

Put business cards on peoples' desks with the AVEN web address and have one side with some brief information about asexuality?

Wakarimasen????

Dude, i already did this in my school, because an announcer on sexual orientation started with "Did you know there are 3 other Sexual Orientations?" And that's what it turned into a whole talk about the other 3 unknown sexual orientations.

What can I do? *thinks*

Put business cards on peoples' desks with the AVEN web address and have one side with some brief information about asexuality?

But only the librarians have desks...

SpirallingSnowy

Im going to chalk something!

Usually my friends and i are drinking when we do.... but still :)

I'm going to see if i can get a pack of stickers or something - or printable ones :)

And ill be wearing purple :)

Ooo, my first AVED. ^_^ And the only AVED I'm gonna have at a university since I graduate in the spring! Better rock this one out something crazy...

This was kind of already asked, but are there any flyers that are just a one page thing where you don't have to fold it up like a pamphlet? And not double-sided? Something I could stick here and there around campus? :P We've got a lot of places to staple stuff on boards all around the place at my university, and I've looked around the pinned topics a bit but only found pamphlet material.

We've also got a few of these racks where people can place used magazines for others to read. They're usually rather empty, but I think I can fill 'em up. :twisted: I also think it'd be cool to get a cheap white T-shirt and just decorate it up, ace style. And contacting newspapers is a great idea. We have several news groups at my school; I'm sure I can find at least one that would be interested in covering this!

Here's an idea - bringing cake to a class for AVED! My sexuality and women's studies courses deal a lot with diversity, so I might be able to pull some strings with those professors to hand out some cake - and information! ^_^ Now that would be good pamphlet opportunity...

I'm gonna try to have a brainstorm and come back with more...

I'm really glad so many people seem excited about this! :D

You could always print out some back issues of AVENues for the magazine racks...

I don't know of a 1-sided flyer-- maybe someone else does. But if you only have to fill one side, it shouldn't take too long to make one, if you are so inclined. :)

*ponders pamphlets*

LucyintheSky

im actually pretty excited about this...im not really "out" as an asexual but i belong to my colleges LGBT group and every year we have "straight talk" where we have a panel of people of differet orientations that people can come and ask questions and stuff ..i didnt go the last 2 years but im actually on their email list this year and got an email about it and it actually mentioned there was an asexual on the pannel so im pretty excited to go this year...my school is super accepting of stuff like this though so im really lucky..

I think I'm going to make a little sticker that says "Hi I'm... Asexual" to work and hope that generates some questions from people. I am also going to spam my facebook. And maybe make some flyers for those who have questions for me.

carried in bags

as it happens, im going home this day to visit my parents. i havent come out to them....mmm...

as it happens, im going home this day to visit my parents. i havent come out to them....mmm...

Hey everyone! I've been reading these posts and ideas and thinking...wow....

But unfortunately I've been put off a teensy weensy bit off AVED 2009.

Mainly since of all the asexophobia I've copped lately.

But what can expect from living in a rural town entirely populated by chavs who don't even have any non-white people?

Basically, I made the mistake of thinking that because I had come out to a few of my friends from school who were understanding, they all would be. I also made the mistake of being proud to be asexual and not hush-shush like I SHOULD HAVE BEEN. Oops, silly me.

I also made the mistake of letting people prematurely see the mini-zine I printed as a test run (I've since completely reshuffled the pages and added a link, so..) and then it escalated. First I got the standard '...wha?' responses, and I educated a few people. I felt proud. But my closest friend was really not understanding, or supportive at all, and insinuated that I was a crazy teen going through a stupid phase, and that AVEN was a paedo site and that all of you guys were freakazoids(When I told her to check AVEN out so that she could see the error of her ways, she not-so-subtly ignored me). I should have realised.

The next morning I was verbally attacked and abused, and now everyone seems to know I'm ace and asks rude questions about it. I only told.. *counts on fingers* 5 people who were in school at the time!

Methinks people have been gossiping about me behind my back and generally discussing my (TOTALLY non-valid, btw) asexuality behind my back.

In fact, the most understanding people about it so far (in this whole episode) have been a bunch of 11 year olds. But that's because they giggle when they hear the word 'penis'.

Hmm... can anyone else see this site getting mobbed by idiots after AVED?

Hmm... can anyone else see this site getting mobbed by idiots after AVED?

If that's in response to my post, no-one I know has the attention span to make it here. The only people who might possibly, wouldn't be idiots. And they wouldn't post.:)

I was actually thinking it before I read your post :) I can see a load of people coming here and calling us all freaks and how we just need to get laid etc...

But if we get one person educated in amongst a hundred idiots, that'll be worth it lol

We can always flame them to death...... lol

Everybody who stands out catches grief from the majority at some point or another.

And, everybody on the internet gets flamed at one point or another.

Not to say it isn't a valid concern, but it's just something that will have to be endured, whether as a result of AVED or something else.

Everybody who stands out catches grief from the majority at some point or another.

And, everybody on the internet gets flamed at one point or another.

Not to say it isn't a valid concern, but it's just something that will have to be endured, whether as a result of AVED or something else.

This.

I, too, have been wondering what kind of crowd we'll be getting right after AVED, but even if it's an arrogant, idiotic one, we'll have gotten someone's attention, and that's where it starts.

Plus, I'm pretty sure anyone who's too much of a butt will get banned before they can say "lolfag."

I wasn't disagreeing with AVED- I've already educated a few people and come out on facebook. It was just a comment at the end of it.

Does the AVEN store offer AVED Stickers w/AVENs Website on them? where we can purchase 50,100 or 500 or more?

I am in the WASH dDC area, I will definately "get the word out".

Does the AVEN store offer AVED Stickers w/AVENs Website on them? where we can purchase 50,100 or 500 or more?

I am in the WASH dDC area, I will definately "get the word out".

The only sticker in the AVEN store right now is this:

http://www.cafepress.com/asexvisibility.24477488

which no one is going to understand.

What I've done is buy blank labels and write on them. You could also print them out using Word if you want to save time.

Archived