The Ace as a Symbol of Asexuality

Typical Power

TheLocalDinosaur

You know, I've always thought the very same thing. I always wanted to be represented by the Ace of Hearts just because it makes more sense to me, but I suppose that the Ace of Spades causes people to think "Ace" more than "Spades." At least that's the case for me. Is that the reason for the Ace of Spades? Because it's more recognizable as an Ace and the Ace of Spades is always the most decorative in a deck of cards?

Diamonds and clubs don't get any love? :(

Diamonds should be used by left-wingers and awesome people (pretty much the same thing).

Clubs should be used by Irish and French asexuals. ♣

I don't like the idea of creating separate symbols. Just because we're already a small enough group as it is, it's like really dividing us further. For once in the history of humanity can we look at what we all have in common instead of insisting we divide because of differences? It just annoys me. I know this point is probably more relevant in a more serious discussion, but it's just such a pet peeve of mine.

Considering that the use of such a symbol would be to be a symbol outwardly to the rest of the world, I think it does make more sense to have a more coherent and singular symbol.

Diamonds should be used by left-wingers and awesome people (pretty much the same thing).

I don't like the idea of creating separate symbols. Just because we're already a small enough group as it is, it's like really dividing us further. For once in the history of humanity can we look at what we all have in common instead of insisting we divide because of differences? It just annoys me. I know this point is probably more relevant in a more serious discussion, but it's just such a pet peeve of mine.

Considering that the use of such a symbol would be to be a symbol outwardly to the rest of the world, I think it does make more sense to have a more coherent and singular symbol.

So I should use the diamond?

So I should use the diamond?

Well, my comment was mostly in jest, but... :P

d1.gif

It does look rather awesome.

Archived