Why won't people let boys where dresses/skirts?

Cupcake_Master

A proper, traditional kilt has too much fabric (6-10 yards!) to blow up unless it's really, really gusty out there. I for one do not mind being flashed by anything a man may or may not be wearing underneath.

I also think the whole world should live in some scandinavian country where people bathe publicly in the nude, children are bundled up and put outside for a fresh-air nap, and bicycling is the primary mode of transportation. I'm ok with public nudity as long as sex isn't involved.

Funny, my significant other wears (long) skirts sometimes if we're out clubbing. He has a very masculine figure with mahoosive broad shoulders but, with a nice button-down shirt and waistcoat, skirts really suit him. He says they're comfortable. I have other male friends who also wear skirts.

It's common and accepted in the Goth scene, and presumably some other subcultures - I think it's a shame that it isn't accepted more in mainstream society. My other half has a very smart long pinstripe skirt that would look great with a suit jacket for work!

• 1 month later...

You'll actually get quite a few results if you google man skirt;

Are You Ready for Men in Skirts? Because They've Arrived.

Since We Were Talking About Men in Skirts...

(the top set looks really nice!)

The first article was written by someone with plenty of prejudices.

The second article is much better. There are also some good comments and some stupid not so good ones.

Mr. Addams

The first article was written by someone with plenty of prejudices.

The second article is much better. There are also some good comments and some stupid not so good ones.

Indeed. Fashion articles are almost always a bore and I rarely read them - I just skip to watching the clothing and deciding for myself whether I like it or not.

There are quite a few cool Marc Jacobs skirts;

marc-in-skirt.jpg

Archived