Sheldon Cooper and the Big Bang Theory wiki

mad_scientist

Nico-Nico Friendo

Another thing I have added from a blog (I wish I could find the source they got the quote from):

http://mustheartv.blogspot.com/2010/01/whats-sheldons-deal.html

Today, a hint of an answer [about Sheldon's sexual orientation] from the series' executive producer Chuck Lorre, at the Television Critics Association conference in Pasadena. Lorre's thoughts:

Part of his character, which I think is wonderful and unique, is that he has chosen not to play in the relationship game. Either way, heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, any sexuality, he has said, "This is not for me. I'm a scientist. All I'm interested in is science and what George Lucas does." I think it's terrific that we've stumbled into creating a character who has chosen a lifestyle for himself that's unique. And I don't see any reason to modify it.

So, even if his character wasn't written specifically as "asexual," he has asexual vibes, and from this quote it looks like he won't be changing.

carried in bags

i am loving "shamy". Long may they continue

sitdownstandup

...even though he's often the butt of jokes and full of flaws that might give the wrong impression of asexuals to an uninformed audience, he's still the first step in the mainstream acknowledgement and acceptance of asexuality.

ah, but you see, he is loved by every fan :)

Although, a beloved, fictional asexual character in a television show and a real asexual person give two different impressions. If Sheldon was real, people would not get along well with him.

And, Moonbug, what a great thing that is. Sitcom audiences desperately need something fresh, and TBBT offers just that with the presentation of Sheldon Cooper. I think if Sheldon wasn't a part of the series, it would be boring. Besides, we need someone to take up the space that Howard would potentially fill. I HATE Howard.