The Ethical Slut

Deeders

I'm reading The Ethical Slut by Dossie Easton and Janet Hardy. The subtitle is "A practical guide to polyamory, open relationships and other adventures," so you wouldn't think this would be a place where asexuality would be respected, but I just got to chapter 6 "Infinite Possibilities" and they give a pretty nice shout out!

"Folks who say no thanks to sex are becoming an increasingly visible minority. Asexuality refers to people who simply don't experience sexual attraction, and celibacy to those who feel attraction but prefer, for whatever reason, not to act on it. We think that any kind of sexual freedom must include the freedom to *not* have sex, without being pestered or pathologized."

A couple paragraphs later: "We do not see "celibate slut" or "asexual slut" as in any way a contradiction in terms. There are infinite ways of relating to other people--romantically, intimately, domestically, and more--and if you've opened your life and heart to as many of those ways as possible, you're one of us."

I was so stoked to read that! And I think I'm gonna start calling myself an "asexual slut". :P

now you'll have to go and have a cuddle orgy!

thats awesome to read :D

-makes note to get the book

That's really awesome. I need to check out that book, too, now, thanks!

I'd love an asexual orgy. Cake everywhere, yum.

Violet_Loves_Iliona
That's really awesome. I need to check out that book, too, now, thanks!

I'd love an asexual orgy. Cake everywhere, yum.

Hil-AR-ious! :cake: :twisted:

... Favourite people, cuddles & cakes everywhere - sounds addictive! :P :)

Right, because "asexual slut" won't confuse anyone...

Confusion can be a great catalyst for rethinking one's assumptions.

Archived