• Err, human
    • Non, or other (Add in reply)
  3. 3. Misanthropist

• Yes
    • No, i like humans
    • I identify as 1 of the above, but not misanthropist
    • I identify as misanthropist but non of the above
    • Other or non (add in reply)
    • Furry and otherkin count as Misanthropist? (explain)
  4. 4. What, all these in the same poll?!

• These should be in seperate polls
    • Eh, i'm not that bothered
    • They should be in the same poll
    • Other (add in reply)

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest member25959

Ah, Ok, I've decided to open a Furry and otherkin poll, i'm not sure if i've included everything up there?

And after a poll I opened on a Furry website, ive disovered that quite alot of Furries are Asexual aswell.

And....whilst we are on the topic, do you think that Furries and Otherkin could be counted as Misanthropist?

And why is this 'The NEW Furry and other kin poll'? Because the other one totally backfired and wouldn't work

And for the ones that some may not know of...

Furry

Fursuiter

Yiff

Antifur EDITED

Otherkin

Therian

Vampire Lifestyle

Draconic, see Otherkin

This poll is good. I voted. I'll put it in order that I voted

I am a yiff fan (but am trying not to be anymore)

I am an Otherkin. I identify as an Eastern Dragon with the element of Water

I am a misanthropist. I generally dislike humans but only the stupid ones. So I doubt I could really be called one. I am a human-friendly dragon ^__^

Definitely furry and fursuiter (heck, I make suits!) and as for Otherkin, I've played around with the idea and seem to experience some feelings that are common for them, but I still don't know (and really doubt) if its something to take seriously. So I voted human and other.

sakura_alice

I do not consider myself a furry.

I've been playing with the idea of "otherkin", and just to give it a name, possibly the "celestial" one.

I might be sort-of a misanthropist. I don't hate humans, but some things I don't like.

Guest member25959

Well, I am Furry as well, ofcourse :lol:

My votes where

-Furry

-Fursuiter

-And i'm not surre whether these shuld go in seperate topics, so i just voted Not Bothered

highres_1331346.jpeg

I've been out of the furry scene for a very long time, but I think I'll always consider myself a furry at heart.

mort paradis

non-furry, otherkin, therian, not misanthropic

Being non-human and misanthropy aren't related. There are human-loving otherkin, and there are otherkin that hate humans- it's more at an individual level.

While I don't love humans, I don't hate them all either- I base my judgments on people.

Cupcake_Master

Well,I do find anthropomorphic animals cute,but I'm more of a gijinka/Kemonomimi person.

I guess I can be called a furry though.

In Furry poll: 'non'

In Otherkin poll: 'Otherkin' and 'Other'

In Misanthropist poll: Other

For What, all these in the same poll?! question: 'Other' (because you were the one who made this poll, so it's up to you what question you put in it)

Asexual plushie. I dont f-the thing, I just cuddle, I can't fall asleep without a Popple, of which I have many.

The_Scheming_Balloon

Furry: Yiff fan... kinda... (we're talking about drawings, right? Not fursuits?)... >.>

Otherkin: Human.

Misanthropist: Yes.

That last one: Option 2.

I'm not a furry, but I don't mind them so long as they aren't hurting anyone (including animals)

I chose other for the "otherkin" option. I used to be non-human (though not an option on the list) in a past life, but I am human now.

I wasn't really sure what misanthropist meant, so I just chose non.

I'm not a furry, but I don't mind them so long as they aren't hurting anyone (including animals)

I chose other for the "otherkin" option. I used to be non-human (though not an option on the list) in a past life, but I am human now.

I wasn't really sure what misanthropist meant, so I just chose non.

If you know you weren't a human, it's still posiible you aren't one, you don't need to be a human to own human body. (just a sidenote)

Misanthropist is someone who tends to dislike or distrust people (humans), often including themself. (See Misanthropy on Wikipedia)

As for the poll, I think that Walk- In option would fit here too.

House of Chimeras

I don’t identify as a furry, though I think there is nothing wrong with the furry fandom in general.

I am however, a therian of the gray wolf sort.

I don’t have misanthropy. I may not like what humanity does and what not, but I don’t by any means hate it. And besides, while I may see some important non-physical part of myself as a she-wolf that does not mean I fully and completely know my body is as human as anyone else’s.

• 9 months later...
LittleBlueSpot

Lessee...

I'm a furry and a fursuiter. :) I am not a therian or otherkin of any kind. I also ADORE humans! :D People are so cute. Plus, I identify as a human being who likes to pretend she is a dog... or a lion... or a porcupine...

My Otherkin identity is all over the place right now. I'm trying to figure out what I am right now

I'm not a furry and I tend to avoid gatherings of furries, otherkin, etc. and concentrations of furry material like the plague.

I used to be furry or at least very very close to becoming one, once. That was in the early stages of my puberty, when I hated humanity as a whole and had tremendous misconceptions about the nature of, well, nature. Nowadays I consider the way I used to blindly idolise non-human animals' supposed genuineness and purity as insane and one of the reasons why I used to feel unwell and awkward around people. Thinking back to that time is one of the only things that makes me genuinely embarrassed.

I do not explicitly love or hate people. I also don't love or hate non-human animals. I think life in all of its forms is interesting and I find various animals intriguing but I can't say I'd love a whole species.

• 7 months later...
House of Chimeras

I feel the need to revamp my original post.

I only generally identify as a furry only on the sense I prefer animal fantasy novels, movies with animal characters, and such. I’m not a fursuiter and I’m not interested in yiff.

I am an otherkin of the therian verity with two theriotypes - a dire wolf and a species of shark that I’ve never found evidence for in the scientific fossil record yet after years of searching.

I’m not a misanthropist. I have a human body despite my identity I see no reason to complain or cry about it. Humanity has its problems but I don’t hate humanity. I am a part of humanity.

I tend to think of it this way - I’m a therian because I have a nonhuman identity and experiences phantom sensations and altered states of consciousness from time to time, not really a big deal.

If otherkin is the same as feeling "not human", would machines count?

I don't hate humans, and I don't love them either. Depends on who it is :)

House of Chimeras

If otherkin is the same as feeling "not human", would machines count?

I don't hate humans, and I don't love them either. Depends on who it is :)

They’re sometimes referred to as ‘machinekin’ but a lot of otherkin take lot of criticism towards the idea for various reasons.

This is the first time I've heard of these terms. I'm not furry or otherkin.

• 2 weeks later...

While I am not completely opposed to anthropomorphism, I listed myself as “antifur” due to my distinct distaste for connotations of bestiality found in some furry pieces. Sorry, I don’t mean to slander furries, but I simply can not condone zoophilia. I recognize that the furry fandom is not necessarily about sex, and when it is, it isn’t necessarily concerning intercourse with animals. Still, I express some extent of disapproval however hypocritical or intolerant that seems. I do not have otherkind tendencies and I identify myself as a misanthrope.

Furry. Possibly wanting a fursuit one day. Plushie--I'm not madly obsessed about them, but those I find that I like I tend to get them whenever possible, having a decent collection that I enjoy owning. Otherkin: therian and draconian. I have thought of myself as a dragon a lot of times when I was young; mostly now it's along cats. I'm not a misanthrope, but more or less on liking humans.

I listed myself as “antifur” due to my distinct distaste for connotations of bestiality found in some furry pieces. Sorry, I don’t mean to slander furries, but I simply can not condone zoophilia.

I find no offense to what I've read; in fact, I very much respect that. The only thing I find highly inappropriate and appalling is how some people would actually want to physically harm people who identify as a furry.

I find no offense to what I've read; in fact, I very much respect that. The only thing I find highly inappropriate and appalling is how some people would actually want to physically harm people who identify as a furry.

I can not agree with you more, the stigmatization of furries and abuses brought towards them are completely repugnant. That is why I feel sort of guilty for my opinion on the matter. Even if I don’t actively persecute furries, people like me only fan the flames for more bigoted individuals who insist on deeming furries perverse and immoral. Really, statements like mine are about as meaningful as saying, “America has a rather high murder rate, and therefore I can not trust or speak highly of Americans.” I apologize for my crude generalization, as it still acted to demonize the furry fandom.

foxwithwings13

Im a furry. Not really an otherkin. And I definantly more of an animal person, but i dont dislike all people either...

I'm pretty sure the census forum is for seriuos matters

would this then not be better suited for jff or off a ?

I'm pretty sure the census forum is for seriuos matters

would this then not be better suited for jff or off a ?

It's probably more important to people who identify this way. I don't get the impression that it's meant to be silly.

Vampyremage

I identify as demonic otherkin and generally dislike humans as a species although I do like individual humans.

Archived