AVEN Penpals Thread

Charlieee

It's pretty interesting... I'll browse through the AVEN Penpals thread (in Meetup Mart), and there's that little survey to fill out, one of which is "Chosen Gender." It's interesting to scroll through and see how people interpret it - whether as "what is your gender" or "what gender would you most like to talk to."

Is it a form of cis privilege, or the intent not being clear, or something else entirely? Am I reading way into something that, on the whole, really doesn't matter? (Yes.) I guess just a weird little thing I've noticed.

Your thoughts? If any? Haha

man I had to read that about 5 times before it made sense. I thikn its just a case of bad choice of wording. I would interpret it as which gender do you choose to identify as, I'm cis but I don't think that really impacts on it unless you're the kind of person who thinks gender is fixed and there are only 2 of tghem and people can't self identify.

It confused me at first... Then I read more posts and realised pretty much everyone was confused too, so I felt better :P

Archived