When people say your name sucks

Shinnok

People have different tastes. I've thought some names were nice, only to be told by others that it was a weird name. Then again, some people like names that I don't like. I don't think it's possible to have everyone you ask agree that a certain name is a good name. So if you are thinking of giving yourself a new name, as long as you like the name, that's the most important thing.

I've also found that some people tend to get all issue-y (not a word, I know) about someone they know changing their name. I think it's partly coz people start associating a name with you, and they get used to it. So when you change it, that kind of interferes with their image of you. But seriously, it's your name, so you can do what you want with it. If people have such an issue with it...well, then it's their problem really.

mort paradis

I've had this problem >_<

About picking names from video games characters...why not? Often people will judge a name based on who "looks/acts like [name]" which is based on who they know or have heard of with that name. If you or I or anything thinks a name is cool because this person who is cool (even if they are a video game character) has it, then great.

I haven't nearly gone through as many names as you, but when I did finally settle on it my "sister" said she absolutely hates my new name o_o. Admittedly, one of the reasons I went through several names was because no one liked the names I liked so I picked something they liked but I ended up completely hating it (I know, stupid idea)

I got my middle name, Allan, from the middle name my parents would of given me. Ironically, my parents had an easy time choosing a boys name and had trouble coming up with a girls name <_< My first name is something that I really like, it's unusual, in that it's uncommon nowadays, but it fits me. I would of chosen my first name to be Michael (or possibly Mikhail) after what my parents would of given me...except both my "sister" and the girl I had been dating objected to it. My "sister" because she knew someone with that name, and the girl because this guy who had a crush on her had the same name. o_O They both said they would never call me Michael.

ConrĂ­, Irish Gaelic, meaning: wolf king ^_^

good luck with your name!

Which is why I randomly name things Aiden & Aonghas as well. :D

But when most people hear the name "Vega" they think of this

(I'm sure I've posted this link on other topics before. I think...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vega_(Street_Fighter)

If I decide to choose this name or use it for a while...hopefully if someone says "OMG u copying characters naems u suck" I'll have the nerve to tell them their face sucks

Yeah, sorry, I just can't help associating Vega with a Spanish guy with claws. Maybe if you picked a less legendary computer game.

But also, with regard to name changes in general, I would be uncomfortable taking a name like Vega because I don't have any Spanish heritage and would feel kind of fraudulent, not to be criticla of you that is, just my personal feelings. I'd feel I'd have to take another saxon/norman name.

Yeah unfortunately everyone knows Street Fighter V__V;;

I have a European heritage. I'm sure somewhere I have like a 0.0001% Spanish in me. Not enough though >___>;;

Also I guess the name comes from a car. I saw one in the parking lo a few days ago. A car that said "Vega" on it. I was like "Yay w000 maybe people will think I'm named after a car instead!"

XD

My chosen name is Celtic or something, you don't need to be Spanish for Vega! My full African-Jamaican cousin's name is Jorge :lol:

I guess I got lucky with my name. I chose it a long time ago and everyone calls me it, only question about the spelling and pronunciation. It's Keir, pronounced like 'care,' not Kara!

I see you as Vega online, but in your pictures I totally see Vincent. :)

No, seriously, your name is Vincent and that's that.

Maybe Kelly was right to stick with Vincent >.< Since it's not completely a rip from a game character

Third times a charm

I can actually see you as a Vincent as well, funnily enough, but it's what you feel inside that matters :) All I'll say is that with Vega, I think it's a name that you will probably have to explain for the rest of your life- the sort of "that's an interesting name..." type conversations being brought up or, as you say, comments by people who get the reference. That's not a complete negative though, maybe it will be a good ice breaker with new people? And an individual name? Nothing wrong with having an individual name :)

I can actually see you as a Vincent as well, funnily enough, but it's what you feel inside that matters :) All I'll say is that with Vega, I think it's a name that you will probably have to explain for the rest of your life- the sort of "that's an interesting name..." type conversations being brought up or, as you say, comments by people who get the reference. That's not a complete negative though, maybe it will be a good ice breaker with new people? And an individual name? Nothing wrong with having an individual name :)

That makes sense as well

Vincent does have a certain class, doesn't? Kind of Gothic and slightly dark, so yea it suits.

Vincent does have a certain class, doesn't? Kind of Gothic and slightly dark, so yea it suits.

If you've played Final Fantasy 7, the character "Vincent" matches both those. Except turn "slightly" into "very"

KayleeSaeihr

(dunno if it's been asked) How do you feel about being called Vince? Because that would be the inevitable nickname.

(dunno if it's been asked) How do you feel about being called Vince? Because that would be the inevitable nickname.

I had thought about this a lot. I know it would be a inevitable nickname. I wouldn't really care though

A friend of mine's grandmother went to school with Vincent Price in St. Louis, MO. She knew him as "Vinny". You might get that, too.

Still, Vincent Price = cool, and you = cool, "Vinny" or not. 8)

If you've played Final Fantasy 7, the character "Vincent" matches both those. Except turn "slightly" into "very"

I have never played, it is just that Vincent to me just sounds dark, even though the letter V is yellow. :huh:

KayleeSaeihr
This is what Vincent from FF7 looks like

vincent-valentine.jpg

Kind of looks like you.

Archived