Celebrity crushes

SorryNotSorry

I tend to squish on Broadway actors because of their voices. Oh goodness, I do love me a good tenor.

peter1.jpg

Case in point, Matt Doyle. I cannot express how much I adore this boy - his voice is amazing, he's adorable, and he's extremely sweet at the stage door. It's a pity his smile doesn't photograph well - it makes anyone who sees it smile in turn. He was Hanschen in Spring Awakening (I also saw him understudy Melchior), sang the part of Peter in the studio recording of bare, and will be playing Hugo in Bye Bye Birdie (a show I rather dislike).

GavinCreel_Wallace.jpg

Gavin Creel, currently Claude in Hair, is absolutely adorable. So is his puppy. Aww. Also...his voice.

wild002.jpg

And, the love of my life, Oscar Wilde. Weird? Perhaps. But I've come to terms with my obsession with him. Because, seriously, how can you not love his writing and his wit, and feel so terrible for what happened to him?

Edit: How could I forget? Fitting in with the Broadway theme...

neil-patrick-harris-275x275.jpg

Neil Patrick Harris.

Anime villans....*drool*

*joins drooling*

We should have a villains fan club. Somewhere we can put them all together, and just stare at them creepily for hours. Maybe occasionally throw in one of the good guys, so they'll have exciting fights and strike impressive poses. :ph34r:

Great. I'm officially an asexual stalker. And I'm not even a competent one, since my victims are nonexistent. :(

Currently John Legend, John Barrowman, Tyrese Gibson, Cillian Murphy Daddy Yankee, Common, Lupe Fiasco and Nightwing

My longest one is Richard Dean Anderson

My first Cirroc Lofton

ahem. i second the neil patrick harris and the oscar wilde, liz.

also, neil gaiman and amanda palmer.

l_161636_110723_090604-amanda-palmer-2.jpg

do not care that they are dating. they are beautiful people, both appearance-wise and soul-wise. *swoon*

oh gods, and david bowie. O.o so old, so funny-looking, so alluring. ( he always looks awkward in photos, so have this instead. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UoG-xQ9Lqc )

and annie lennox. i dig her androgyny thing.

oooh, and lewis carroll. gods that man was pretty.

Oh, yes to Neil Gaiman. And a hellz yes to Lewis Carroll.

Most people don't get my obsession with Oscar, but seriously, just look at him and read his writing...plus, our marriage would work out because I don't want to do anything with him, and he could use a low-maintenance wife so he can go about cavorting. It's perfect. xD

indeed, liz! oh, i love me some long-dead writer folk. O.o some alive writerfolk as well, obviously. heh.

I'm more of a dead writers kinda girl...not with those implications, of course. XD

I don't think I ever had a crush/squish on a celebrity, but there's one who I am strongly aesthetically attracted too:

David Duchovny :blush:

David_Duchovny.jpg

Purrr (as opposed to the very sexual "grrr")

And I thought I was one of the only people who liked him

Haha if my brother found out about my crush on Christopher Walken or James Hetfield he'd have a field day with me xD

Oh yes and another celeb crush I thought of is David Warner

:blush: I'd be surprised if anyone knew who that was

You can call me just that nerdy but I happen to know he did the voice for Lob in Freakazoid and he voice Ra's Al Gul in Batman (have every ep of both). He was in TMNT 2.. I know all this because he was Chancellor Gorkon in ST: Undiscovered Country (my favorite trek movie).

In_Omnia_Paratus

See I have tons of celebrity crushes, just usually not on celebrities.

I fall for the characters instead but I have had two celebrity crushes on the celebrities

David Tennant, and Vic Mignogna.

sadly they are both old enough to be my father

but to find someone with likeness to their personalities. (or the personalities they portray in interviews or in public) would be so freakin sweet :P

I'm more of a dead writers kinda girl...not with those implications, of course. XD

*smirk*

oh, and if we want to talk about falling for characters, i have an odd one.

i swooned HARD for sir anthony hopkins as hannibal lecter.

You can call me just that nerdy but I happen to know he did the voice for Lob in Freakazoid and he voice Ra's Al Gul in Batman (have every ep of both). He was in TMNT 2.. I know all this because he was Chancellor Gorkon in ST: Undiscovered Country (my favorite trek movie).

And he was also Sark from Tron...and some pirate in a movie called "The Island"

I'm surprised anyone here knew who he was >_>

And he was also Sark from Tron...and some pirate in a movie called "The Island"

I'm surprised anyone here knew who he was >_>

I didn't know he was in Tron (granted I've not seen it in 15 years [tape got messed up :(

])

It is teh awesomest 1980's movie evar

And my parents' tape got messed up too...but DVD's saved them

I don't think I ever had a crush/squish on a celebrity, but there's one who I am strongly aesthetically attracted too:

David Duchovny :blush:

David_Duchovny.jpg

Purrr (as opposed to the very sexual "grrr")

And I thought I was one of the only people who liked him

Like looks or personality wise? Cause I've seen comments on youtube & everyone writes "OMGSH he's sooo hawt *drools*"

OutsideTheBox

Mine's been Robert Downey Jr since 1980 in "Less Than Zero". It must be the codependent rescuer in me.

I just wanna get him alone in an alley and........

hug him and kiss him and love him and touch him....but that's all lol

(That's what my Golden Retrievers want to do to my cats)

Tch, I can't believe I forgot!

mike-rowe.jpg

I think it's his voice. And his comedy. Man, Mike, you're awesome.

Viggo Mortensen....mmmmm :blush:

viggo_mortensen_01.jpg

Sawyer from Lost

he is the perfect (looking) man. IMHO. he also looks a LOT like an English teacher i had a huge crush on in high school.

sawyer3.jpg

hehe oh yeah I get celebrity crushes all the time!

Jared Leto, Sarah McLachlan, Angelina Jolie, Jared Padaleki

I appreciate beauty in all its forms!

I really like Sarah McLachlan, too. She seems like such a nice person. I once travelled 12 hours on a bus to see her in concert -and it was well worth it.

• 1 month later...
Demacrux (emi star...)

as for real life celebs..primarily Will Smith..just cause he's awesomesauce in my opinion..not so much crush anymore just awesomesauce

as for characters here's a couple:

Sheen from JN (o.O)

Beast Boy

that dude from Hyper Robot Monkey Hyper something...

currently:

Shikamaru (clearly..my avi)

Mori-sempai Ouran High School (there's something about him I like)

Yay - I'm another one to join the villains fan club!!

My current personal favorites are Zachary Quinto (Sylar-Heroes), John Simm (Master-Doctor Who) and Robert Knepper (Tbag-Prison Break) :redface:

I have also been harbouring love for a long time for David Tennant, Alan Rickman (or more specifically his voice!), Hugh Laurie as House, and Johnny Depp.... :D

I do see how wierd the crush concept is, but as a highly obsessive person these characters are so much a part of my life!

Loving how many of these celebrities are recurring on this thread!!

• 2 weeks later...

*revives topic*

I've never wanted to admit it before because I thought I was strange to feel this but...Ever since I was 14 or 15..can't remember, I've always had a crush on...*braces self*

Shemp Howard

Yeah. Him. Shemp Howard. I don't think that's his real name, but for those who don't know who he is, he's one of The Three Stooges

Whatever floats your boat. :D

Charlie Chaplin... O.o... His characters are charming to me and I often think when watching one fo his movies, "You idiot! I'd go for him!"

Hm... I had liked Nicholas Cage ever since I was in second grade. It is mainly due to some characters he's portrayed though, but he stood out to me one time because in a certain movie he was really cool to me as a child.

I jump on a band wagon here... Johnny Depp... Again, the characters he plays often charm me. Who couldn't like Edward Scissorhands? So innocent!

Steve Buscemi... he's bloody cool in movies I've seen him in. I loved him in Con Air and Ghost World.

Matthew Gray Gubler in Criminal Minds. I adore Dr. Spencer Reid... I relate to him and I like his lanky body and long hair. >_<

Pauley Perrette in NCIS. Abby Sciuto is freakin' cool. She's cute, she's smart, she has quirks... Sadly, I'd bore someone like her. T-T

I'm sure there are others... I can't think of them on the top of my head though... likely some females too, but I mainly just remember movies I like...

Animation or comics...

Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh. Grencia Mars Elijah Guo Eckener from Cowboy Bebop. Eric Draven from The Crow. Larva from Vampire Miyu. Hanataro Yamada and Ishida Uryu from Bleach. Baron Humbert von Gikkingen from The Cat Returns. L/Ryuuga/Ryuuzaki from Death Note. Death and Delerium/Delight from The Sandman. Allelujah Haptism from Gundam 00. Turnip Head (Not the Prince Turnip) from Howl's Moving Castle. Gambit/Remy LeBeau and Rogue from X-Men. The Question from Justice League Unlimited. Dreizehn from PetShop of Horrors.

Orlando Bloom as Legolas in The Lord of the Rings.

I don't know why. I'm not even sure if I actually had a crush on him. It was just that I felt like I should have a crush on someone and I picked him because he had nice shiny blonde hair and seemed harmless :lol:

I had a poster of him on my bedroom wall, until it got too many holes in from my brothers BB gun. So it had to be thrown away. What a shame eh.

Uuugh... So many xD

Tom Felton

Alex Kapranos

Sanji from One Piece ._.

The guy with long hair from Detektivbyrån (Youtube. Now. Yes you too. Their music is awesome <3)

David Wenham in Lord of the rings *purr*

Uma Thurman in Kill Bill. But I'm starting to think that I'd much rather be her than anything else. Yarr.

Archived