Celebrity crushes

SorryNotSorry

AquilaChrysaetos
But O Mr Stephen Fry. For you I'd try anything. Sex, Marmite, sex with marmite - whatever you want. Just say the unnecessarily long and complicated word and I'm yours <3

Hurrah for unnecessarily long and complicated words! I don't have a crush on him per se, but I'd love to have an indepth conversation with him about, oh, anything which involves unnecessarily long and complicated words! ;)

FD826B94D2E667949A1C1BDDE972EE.jpg

This. Times a million! I really have quite a horrendous crush on the Doctor, but David Tennant is also a lovely man.

Also

602435d1.jpg

Not the best picture ever but it's Elijah Wood. I mainly like him for the same reasons, he's just an incredibly nice person.

Yes, I know I don't know these people, but they come across as much more genuine than most celebs. Other than that I used to have a crush on Bucky O'Hare and Ash from Pokémon. Lol, little embarrassed now.

Personally, for me, I've never met people like the ones I have crushes on in real life, but they're the sort of people I would fall for if I had met them in real life. :)

My first proper celeb crush was on *whisper* Alex Parks. Yes, yes, the girl who won Fame Academy years ago... hahaha *runs in shame* I just thought she was uber cool, laid back and unique.

I seem to have a thing for girls with guitars (Laura Marling, Tegan and Sara etc...) :rolleyes:

AquilaChrysaetos
My first proper celeb crush was on *whisper* Alex Parks. Yes, yes, the girl who won Fame Academy years ago... hahaha *runs in shame* I just thought she was uber cool, laid back and unique.

I seem to have a thing for girls with guitars (Laura Marling, Tegan and Sara etc...) :rolleyes:

No shame in Alex Parks, she was very pretty, and nice.

*Wishes she knew more about Tegan and Sara*

Oh yes, I've had many. But the one that always prevailed is:

Rupert Grint - There's something about his grin and his red shaggy hair =P

ew-nov-rupert2.jpg

And now, my most recent one (since I'm getting more Japan-Fanatic over the years):

Yamashita Tomohisa

yamapi41.jpg

Oh god, how could I have forgotten Rufus?!!!! I love him so much. His music is my life. And he's beautiful. And damn, he's hot.

n12203120_30759699_8987.jpg

This photo is gorgeous... the intensity on his face... yum.

Love David Tennant and (yes) Daniel Radcliffe, but never could see what all the fuss over John Barrowman was about. He fulfills most of my usual criteria for hotness, and yet, he doesn't do it for me. *shrug*

And Johnny Depp, of course. And Audrey Tautou, who is beautiful even if my husband thinks she is a bug-eyed freak.

Apocolypstick

hehe oh yeah I get celebrity crushes all the time!

Jared Leto, Sarah McLachlan, Angelina Jolie, Jared Padaleki

I appreciate beauty in all its forms!

When I was younger I had a minor crush on Olivia Newton-John. I still think she's very talented and attractive. A few years ago I was able to attend one of her concerts. She has a wonderful sense of humor. I live in a small town in New York State and never ever thought I would see her in person but I did. I still think she's a pretty amazing person.

Cupcake_Master

Hm,I do have a small crush on Kristin Chenoweth. She's just..Her singing voice is so nice,and she's so cute and bubbly.

I really have quite a horrendous crush on the Doctor, but David Tennant is also a lovely man.

Totally agree.

0000054734_20090202171240.jpg

and

house.jpg

I would love to marry Robert Sean Leonard, I just think he'd make a great husband. If he's anything like Wilson anyway.

never could see what all the fuss over John Barrowman was about. He fulfills most of my usual criteria for hotness, and yet, he doesn't do it for me. *shrug*

True for me too actually.

jennifer_aniston.jpg

I like a lot of celebrities actually even though I have no interest in sex haha how strange.

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Would someone care to explain what feelings a "celebrity crush" entails?

I take it as would like to marry/have around the house/look at. Not meant to be creepy but you know people who are really beautiful you could just look at all day?

Cupcake_Master

To me,it's just a level above admiration. It's similar to a regular crush.

DancinBelle

Um... Neil Patrick Harris, because he's a Haunted Mansion fan :rolleyes: . I have a little crush on Alexander Rybak right now due to his amazing musical talents. But my biggest one is on a fictional character, and a particular version at that.

smileyhatterbydreamer20.jpg

Yes, I love the Mad Hatters of Disneyland! If you watch videos of them on Youtube, you'll see why :wub:

To me,it's just a level above admiration. It's similar to a regular crush.

I don't even fully understand what a normal crush is--it seems to vary depending on who you ask--so a new level of crush really confuses me. :P

I take it as would like to marry/have around the house/look at. Not meant to be creepy but you know people who are really beautiful you could just look at all day?

helena-bonham-carter-20070618-271689.jpg

Oh, Helena Bonham Carter. It would be nice to have her around, though...not only is she gorgeous, she's hilarious in her interviews. I think she'd be fun to talk to.

Okay...in no particular order, Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day), Johnny Depp, of course, and anybody else have a crush on Zach Braff? It must be the cute, slightly goofy, offbeat types...as to what a crush entails, it's sort of yeah, too look at, think about and to just hang out with. Ooooh, and CBC radio personality Jian Ghomeshi! *runs and hides!*

Can't really think of anyone...guess I haven't really had any celebrity crushes/squishes.

Though whenever Strictly Come Dancing is on, I want to be Darren Bennett.

I don't think it's that uncommon to have a crush on a cartoon character. When I was around 9, I had a terrible one on Esteban from "The Mysterious Cities of Gold" on Nickelodeon.

I've had WAY more celebrity crushes than real ones. My latest is :redface: James McAvoy. God, he is just beautiful.

jamesmcavoy.jpg

Those eyes get me every time!

Regal Lager
THREE WORDS: Neil. Patrick. Harris.

Yes I can definitely agree with that. He might be gay and I might be asexual but NPH is just awesome. He's handsome, funny and seems to be pretty down to earth.... plus he sings and does musicals. And if there's something I love it's men who can sing Sondheim and do a good job with it. Example here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZt0A4-d7Kk

THREE WORDS: Neil. Patrick. Harris.

Yes I can definitely agree with that. He might be gay and I might be asexual but NPH is just awesome. He's handsome, funny and seems to be pretty down to earth.... plus he sings and does musicals. And if there's something I love it's men who can sing Sondheim and do a good job with it. Example here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZt0A4-d7Kk

I'm an OBSESSED Sweeney Todd fan and I've seen this YouTube vid before. NPH is a wonderful Toby.

being the weirdo that i am, i honestly haven't had one. and i always found it creepy that someone could fantasize about someone they never met, or have a crush on someone they had never talked to .

that's just the asexual me!

Regal Lager
being the weirdo that i am, i honestly haven't had one. and i always found it creepy that someone could fantasize about someone they never met, or have a crush on someone they had never talked to .

I don't know about everyone else - but for me I define a crush as more an an admiration for talent and/or intellect more than anything else. With NPH it isn't so much that I'd want to 'do him' as others (mainly sexuals I'd assume) would interpret a crush to be. Just more that he's very talented at his profession and would seem to be like a pretty cool guy to hang out with. Of course I realize that my views of him are skewed because actors are in the public eye and aren't the characters they portray in tv or movies. For me it really isn't about love, I'm definitely not some crazed fangirl with Doogie Howser posters all over my wall. I never did the whole Tigerbeat thing. My friends had The Backstreet Boys all over their rooms when we were in junior high and high school, and I just felt embarrassed going into their rooms.

• 2 weeks later...
To be quite honest, I've never had a celebrity crush, and I've never understood them, either. How can someone have a crush on a person who they (in all likelihood) will never meet, much less anything else, and why still crush when many of those celebrities are not very good people (and they know it)?

Why is it important to meet them? I have no desires whatsoever to engage in a romantic or sexual relationship with them, and am mainly concerned with admiring their work and their general awesomeness.

And for me at least, the only celebrities I've squished on are good people and have constantly shown themselves to be such, both in their actions, and from the testimonies of people who know them. I don't care much for those who aren't.

Just because they are talented and their big hits were kinda asexual, Stuart Adamson (Big Country) and Charlie and Craig Reid (The Proclaimers).

I understand it when people say they don't believe in celebrity crushes, and it's NOT like I want to marry this guy, it's more like I'd want to know him; Jon Bon Jovi.

I don't know about everyone else - but for me I define a crush as more an an admiration for talent and/or intellect more than anything else. With NPH it isn't so much that I'd want to 'do him' as others (mainly sexuals I'd assume) would interpret a crush to be. Just more that he's very talented at his profession and would seem to be like a pretty cool guy to hang out with.

That's pretty much what my crush on NPH is -- thinking he'd be awesome to hang out with.

This is embarrassing to admit, but I've had multiple dreams in which I met NPH, and they're always the same. We just happen to be in the same place at the same time, we decide to hang out, and it's cool. In true asexy fashion, there's never anything more than that. :P

Archived