Read

spiritualism

Whoa! Where did everybody go?

I suppose, Spiritualism, that your caveat means to exclude those who might have views you find troublesome?

The other thread got eaten by AVENghost, Keith. This is a new one. Spiritualism names all her threads the same thing so you can't tell them apart by the title.

Cate

I see. Thanks, Cate! I didn't realise that AVENGhost was so efficient at making threads disppear.

Spiritualism: I apologize for the accusation.

Hm. I don't expect you'll get a lot of affirmatives. People don't generally want to admit to being something that is socially unacceptable. That is like asking, "So who is racist?"

Parts of sexuality may disgust me, but that doesn't mean I'm antisexual, as I harbor no ill feelings toward participants.

the other thread isn't gone for good....threads taken by the AVENghost can be resurrected.

as for the question, I am not an anti.

Not me. I am very pro-sexual and sex-positive. I just have no desire to get involved in doing it with anyone.

boa

What boa said.

I think repressing people or making them feel bad for what they feel naturally just makes everyone miserable.

Cate

I think repressing people or making them feel bad for what they feel naturally just makes everyone miserable.

Cate

I agree. Now, if only everyone else agreed, too. . . .

Now, if only there weren't TWO identical threads that people keep posting in. It's freakin' me out. AVENghost, I bid you take one!

Well, Tressa or spiritualism could change the title of one. Call the second one 'Read 2' or something.

Cate

Silly Green Monkey
AVENghost, I bid you take one!

Again? That might be asking too much of the poor spirit...

endofthespiral

I am myself anti-sexual. I don't want sex, I don't like sex. However that is just me. I really hate it when people push their beleifs on me and the only thing I hate more then that is hypocracy. So I beleive that people should be able to have sex and I think that sexual education and planned parent hood and birth controll and condoms are all good things. I think that people should get in touch with their sexuality and be proud of it, if that is what they want to do.

So I beleive that people should be able to have sex and I think that sexual education and planned parent hood and birth controll and condoms are all good things. I think that people should get in touch with their sexuality and be proud of it, if that is what they want to do.

You're not antisexual then. Antisexuals are against sex for everyone, not just themselves.

I hate pushing my beliefs on people. What they do is up to them.

Having said that, though...

If it were up to me and I had to tell people what to do, and they all had to do my bidding, I'd have to say I'd like the world a lot better if people placed a lot less worth on sex, and only had it on the rare occasion, like for making babies.

Not saying the world would necissarily be better, just I'd like it a lot better.

Oh yeah, I'd also tell them all to give me lots of money :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

:oops:

I am caught between two extremes.

I am very anti-sex when it comes to kids and teens, which I'm sure every one will say, "well, duh!" to - I don't think sex is necessary as a part of "growing up" healthy.

However, I have seen what "good sex" can do for my friends in terms of mental and physical health, and for them I say "Go for it!" and commiserate when they are without. I have oft "gone out of my way" to try to help people I care about couple up.

Though at the same time I don't understand why they need the sex to stay happy. :?:

For me, I am very anti-sex, much to my husband's dismay. :?

:? The only true anti sexuals i know of are the extremes of spiritual traditions that wind up in conclusions that gross matter is corrupt and is the avenue of corruption.

In the West there are religious traditions that say the world is fallen, therefore don't participate in it cause the flesh of nature is bad.

In the East there are religions that say the world and flesh are illusions, so tend to your mind by not engaging flesh.

We are in a modern world, so it is science and rationality that are the tools by which we judge the processes of life. In such a view what would sex be? The simple mechanical conduct of the biomechanical being, so sex isn't bad.

The question is, what is your state of mind as a person? How do you formulate yourself thru religion and science.

Personally, it gives me great joy to see good solid relationships. It sickens me seeing hooking up with no concern about the consequences of sex.

I myself have no intention of ever being intimate with anyone other than on an intellectual level, but I do see the joy for others when they do it properly.