Camp Trans

Grace

Camp Trans will be held August Second to August Ninth this year, at it's same location in Walkerville, Michigan. This thread is here to not only inform people of the dates and who's going, but as a way for those who may not have known about Camp Trans to look at the possibility of attending.

Camp Trans is a camp arranged every year out side of the Michigan Womens Music Festival protesting the rights of Trans Women, who to date have not been aloud to perform at the festival. The purpose of the camp is to not only protest the festivals discriminatory policies, but to allow transgendered people of all sorts a safe environment to meet new people and learn about them selves.

More information on Camp Trans 2009 can be found at the Camp Trans Web Site located roughly here on the interwebs.

Those interested in attending, those attending, and those who have previously attended should all post here with any questions or comments they may have.

I have read a bunch about Camp Trans (and a good bit about MWMF, too) but have never been.

So, who from AVEN is going?

KayleeSaeihr

I would go, but I'm in Western Australia... Makes getting there a bit problematic ;)

I'm not going, and probably won't for a very long time, if at all, but I fully support everything that it's doing.

• 3 weeks later...
GooberPeaAndMe

I so wish I could go to CT, but I have to work if I don't want to be homeless. :( There's always next year...

• 2 weeks later...

Camp was effin amazing. I actually met some one who is on AVEN while I was there! They haven't been on in a while, but still identify as ace, and have also been on other Ace forums. I was super pumped. I had a great time.

That's awesome! I'm so glad you had a great time!

Camp was effin amazing.

Awesome! 8) I imagine that it is always a blast. I would love to go sometime (I am also curious about the big party next door; has anyone gone to that?).

I am so jealous! :)

I actually met some one who is on AVEN while I was there!

:o

So exciting! :)

*jumps up and down*

I am not sure if I am surprised or not, but, yay!

The big party next door doesn't really like any of us trans folk. So we don't pay. We sneak in through the woods. Quite a bit of people went over. I didn't this year because if I was spotted I would be kicked out, but next year... hopefully I'll pass.

We could hear the music over at camp.

I guess one of the fest goers donated $300 to us for next year.

It's a super fun time. Sooooooo many new people that I'm friends with now.

Camp was effin amazing. I actually met some one who is on AVEN while I was there! They haven't been on in a while, but still identify as ace, and have also been on other Ace forums. I was super pumped. I had a great time.

That's so cool to hear!

I am really happy for you. : )

Archived