History of abuse..?

Littleredrider

1. 1. Have you experienced physical or sexual abuse?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure

This poll is closed to new votes

I answered yes, but I don't think these are contributing factors to my asexuality.

Father - Verbal/Physical

Son of a babysitter - Sexual (unpleasant, and I don't care to revisit, but I was treated for some time as a person with Traumatic HSDD)

Guest MWotton

" I'm not sure "

I was raised very firmly and strictly, there were no place for love or trust, and there still isn't. I was sometimes beaten but I believe it was for my education and it was only by the housekeeper ( who also, at the time, was in charge of my learning of good manners and the way to behave in good society.... ). My parents never had kind words towards their children, and I was told almost everyday that I was unworthy, that I wouldn't do anything with my life and that everything I will do won't be enough. I was on very rare occasions hardly beaten by my father but I deserved it. I ressent them nothing.

I don't know if it has anything to do with my asexuality.

MW.

I was bullied quite badly in elementary and to a lesser extent in junior high.

While that has contributed to other problems, I know it has nothing to do with my asexuality.

How do I know? I was never raped or sexually abused. I'm not afraid of nor do I hate sex. I can also easily form close and physical (lots of hugging and cuddling) relationships with people too.

I have been physically and emotionally abused. In fact, for a long time I would instinctively shrink away if someone lifted a hand near me, even if I knew the person would never hurt me. I no longer do that unless the person scares me, and I am very glad that the effects of my childhood haven't been worse. I never connected it to my asexuality though. I cuddle and have other forms of physical contact quite happily with people I actually trust.

I have to say no on both

I was raised in the 60's and many things they did in the way of raising a child probably wouldn't be p.c. these days

but I certianly do not think my asexuality is from abuse....it's just i don't like shaggin

DarknessEmbraced

I do have quite a long history of sexual abuse, and spare for times I'm really low on libido, I'd guess I'm quite functioningly sexual, as far as attraction is concerned.

My partner is I'd say mostly asexual though, with similarly shady history, and we're not really sure yet how it effected us. Believe there *is* a link, but that link has more to do with how we process sex differently perhaps from not-abused population, than just out saying 'been abused=no to sex', or the like.

Archived