The Ethnicity Poll

LuvHuggS

Choose an Ethnicity from the list below, or add another in the comments if you feel none of these describes you.  

1. 1.

• African/American
    • Asian
    • Caucasian
    • East Indian
    • Eurasian
    • European
    • Hispanic
    • Mediterranean
    • Middle Eastern
    • Multiracial
    • Native American
    • Pacific Islander
    • Scandinavian
    • Semetic
    • From a Galaxy Far Far Away

This poll is closed to new votes

I am mostly black, with a bit of indian ancestry that goes way back. I am sure i have some caucasian in my genes as well, but my family has never mentioned it. :)

Since my parents are from Jamaica and there is no African/carribean or African descent listed in the poll I had to vote for the "From a galaxy far far away' choice :shock:

A lot of people such as myself have voted themselves as 'Aliens'. I suppose it's ironic as thats how a lot of society would see us as Asexuals :?

• 2 weeks later...
virginangelic

asian. but sometimes i don't feel that way...

my paternal great great grandfather or something was of pakistani decendance. (sorry for the misspelling. i dunno how to write it properly!)

then my maternal ancestors were javanese - asian generally.

but i do feel like i'm an asian so there.

Taiwanese -- there's records going at least 10 generations back on my mom's side (though there may be unkonwn Japanese influences)... dad's side is unknown (no information past his mom and his sister).

I voted "Asian", of course.

I primarily identify as Jewish, but if you press me on it, you'll get more details.

My dad's side is whiteass ashkenazic with roots in mostly Austria and Russia. There's probably a dash of German or Polish in there, but we're not sure.

My mom's side is brown anusim, with royal Mayan blood and a dash of Chinese.

So I guess if you asked me I'd say I'm a Conservadox Ashkenazic Jew with Hispanic roots or somesuch.

I am "white". I voted in multiracial, because I'm part Scottish, Spanish, English, French, etc. I am a mongrol, lol. I'm mostly scottish though, this is reflected in my facial features.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Rob Peterson

My parents are both Cuban exiles, so I chose Hispanic. However, I relate more with Caucasian culture than Hispanic culture since I was born and raised in America, absorbing the culture of the predominant ethnicity.

SpinningIdolStar

I put European before i really saw Caucasian.. but seeing as my heritage is most definately (we've researched it), almost never devaited, French on my fathers side and Irish on my mothers side... I'm gonna start telling people I'm European. Caucasian is so... blah ;)

-T

PACIFIC ISLANDER -damn loud, damn proud! And we're usually sooo quiet-

incidentally, you've lived in A-NZ for a couple of generations, I call you a Pacific Islander, and I will watch with interest your crawly wee ways (some of youse who still call yourselves 'Europeans' *snort*} to separate yourselves from this wonderful land and us brown/cream buggers-

Miss_Moneypenny

Apparently I have English, Welsh, Saxon and Flemish ancestry. I also suffer from an inherited arthritic condition which apparently is only a Scandinavian affliction, so I reckon that Viking who came raping and pillaging my ancestors spread his genes far and wide and they've come out with a vengeance in me.

Guest Skinger

As far back as I can see my family are all Danes. Maybe a Swede or two snuck in somewhere, but I'm not sure. We also have one of the most common last names, Pedersen, so we go way back in being Danish :)

-Lisbet

I'm a beautiful American Indian (or Native American, whichever you prefer.) I have a bit of an irish swing running through me though, accounting for the green eyes. :D

Lisa J

Assorted Western European. More Irish than anything else, I think. So, yeah, I'm white.

But my family has been in Canada/the US for several generations on both sides. So I don't really think of myself as European. I was never allowed to say I was Canadian at school though, since I'm not Native (or whatever you want to call it...)

Eh, I have no heritage.

• 5 weeks later...

The U.S categorizes me as "hispanic" but I am not from Spain. *sigh* I'll try to break it down.

Father: Dominican = African + Taino (Natives of the island)

Mother: Salvadorean = Spaniard + Maya

There's a tiny chance that I've got French blood from my fathers side. Not sure. But I guess I'm mostly Native American....or Indian...whatever you want to call them. :roll:

European - I live in the UK (not strictly part of Europe, some would argue) and am of mixed English and Scottish descent.

I seriously have no clue, there are too many options there for me to chose one :roll:

I'm Eropean, my country is in the Mediteraneum Sea (even if I live in the Atlantic coast), and also in "Eurasia", I don't think of myself as "Hispanic" because I associate that with South America (mainly with people who have some heritage from the people who lived there before the Spaniards got there), not with Spain. Oh, and the people of the region I live in claim to have Celtic origins :lol:

If somebody asks my "race", I say I consider myself to be "white", but I'm aware that we see that differently than people do in other places. I've already been told I wasn't white, and people have been shocked by the fact that I thought so. Caucasian is a tricky word, but it probably defines me. I'm European, probably with some Arabic genes (not relatives that I know of, they are probably there since hundreds of years ago)

So, basically, I'm an European with tanned skin, dark hair and brown eyes 8) Whoever has a better definition, can try to convince me otherwise :wink:

• 11 months later...
UglymanCometh

I'm black - for those who haven't seen my avatar - but I'm also Irish and Ojibway (or Seminole, I guess - I need to hit the family tree up again)

Wow @ 8 black people.... nice. Way to represent.

I'm Cherokee/Mingo with a dash of mongrel caucasion mixed in. I'm not quite sure what, yet. Still researching... it depends on if my dad was actually switched at birth or not.

I just went for Caucasian because my ancestry is a little mixed. Mostly European, partly Scandanavian and a little Native American.

Okay, I'm a Caucasian mutt.

Since I couldn't figure out the difference between european and caucasian, I went for caucasion. I don't live in Europe so I figured caucasian was the safest bet.

Quite nonsenical chose of possible ethnicities since many of the possible answers are partly congruent to eachother.Caucasian is basicly a north american word for the anthropological term europid which has nothing to do with the continent of europe.The mediteranid north Africans are as much europid as the indids in india but the in europe living sami are not europid.Anyways most countries are heavily mixed in their subrace eventhough there is mostly one dominant one like baltid in Poland or nordid in the Germanic countries.

Anyways making a serious ethnicity poll would be meaningless since most people do simply not have the necessary knowledge in anthropoloy to know what they are so eventually a cultural background pull would be more useful for such things.

Provence2005

I'm caucasion, scandinavian on fathers side and norman on mothers side - so a viking in other workds.

Even have a variation on a Nowergian surname.

Well if we are gonna be totally PC about this, then I am European-American. :D :D :D :D :D

• 4 months later...

Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, English, Irish, Welsh, Scottish, Cornish, Italian, Sicilian, German, French, and Cherokee. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Archived