Paper Heart

StHemingway

StHemingway

I haven't seen the film, so I don't know if the words, "asexual" or "nonsexual" are uttered, even casually. But, I read a review of it. The critic is no fan of romantic-comedies but really enjoyed the film.

Here's an excerpt from the review:

"Charlyne Yi doesn’t believe in love. But it’s not because of past heartbreak. It’s because she’s never felt it before. So she embarks on a project with her best friend, Nick, to meet real couples and hear their stories - all in an attempt to define love and determine whether or not it truly exists or if some people are doomed to remain unloved......She’s never had any romantic feelings toward anyone and it’s led her to believe that true love is a myth. She claims that this doesn’t bother her. That she’s mainly curious about love from an academic standpoint. However, it’s clear that the real issue is that she’s never opened herself up to anyone for fear of getting hurt."

The film's IMDB page here.

Watch the trailer

I heard about this movie in Nylon magazine about a month ago but didn't take much interest beyond Cera starring and it being a semi-documentary. I think I really want to see it now.

I don't know when it will be coming out here in Australia, but I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the trailer and I love the part where they're on the beach and the guy says, "How about putting your arm around her or a kiss?" And then Michael Cera replies, "No, this is fine." Haha. :lol:

I really want to see this now.

Violet_Loves_Iliona
I just watched the trailer and I love the part where they're on the beach and the guy says, "How about putting your arm around her or a kiss?" And then Michael Cera replies, "No, this is fine." Haha. :lol:

I really want to see this now.

I really want to see it too - hell, I'd want to see any film with Michael Cera - he's adorable, and given the subject matter, I just want to see it even more!! :D :D

Archived