michael jackson

(SP)

To all of those people who keep saying that Michael did something to those 2 kids. Why don't you just look between the lines?

You keep repeating like a broken record what the rotten media says and writes. Why don't you use your brain and realise that it is not normal for a parent to take money and forget what happened to his child (if it did happen). If my child was abused, no money in the world would be enough for me to shut up and forget about it. I would want that bastard to rot in jail. It is obvious that those people only wanted his money.

And about Michael being asexual, that was an idea that had already crossed my mind before I even knew that people could actually be asexual. I do believe he is asexual, just look at his behaviour, he is so innocent and so shy when it comes to sex. He can't even mention it without covering his face, he cannot even bring himself to say that word.

Had to put this comment somewhere, not all of us are fans. In fact, he never sang anything like my kind of music - think Perry Como. However, it is so sad that he is dead, and my condolences to fans and family.

And about Michael being asexual, that was an idea that had already crossed my mind before I even knew that people could actually be asexual. I do believe he is asexual, just look at his behaviour, he is so innocent and so shy when it comes to sex. He can't even mention it without covering his face, he cannot even bring himself to say that word.

Interesting to see this as I read something today which confirmed what I believe:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a16384...friendship.html

It makes a lot of sense. I've always believe Jackson is so innocent around children that he genuinely didn't understand what the fuss was about. To him he was just interacting with children on their level. The above article appears to confirm it.

To go one further, it was raised today at work how someone believed none of his kids were actually his. That takes the whole theory one step further (although arguably we'll never know the truth there).

Perhaps Michael Jackson was the worlds most famous closeted asexual.......

orangepenmen31

Now that MJ's in the news a lot again, I have come to examine his life and it seems to me that this is a man that was uncomfortable with sexuality and adulthood. Problem is, he was exploited by hundreds of people, so he never had a private moment to figure himself out. He liked the concept of childhood but also wanted to be a parent. It's likely he only knew as much about asexuality as the average mind, thus he only understood that having a stable family life meant a sexual relationship with a woman that results in child rearing and the maintenance of intimacy. He couldn't get the why, but didn't know how to ask about it either. And yet, Brooke Shields could tell. Then again, I'm not entirely sure she really knows what asexuality is either.

A lot of unexpected heart disease/failure occurs when a person is under a lot of undue stress. Could his confusion and lack of knowledge about his potential asexuality have contributed to his death? I wish we could have saved him.

kitchenwitch

I've been following the twitterfeed, and it's been exploding with people talking about MJ and asexuality. I automatically get any tweet that has the word "asexual" or "asexuality" in it; the MJ+asexual tweets have been exploding for a couple of weeks. Then, the Brooke Sheilds article where she talked about her "asexual relationship" with MJ (her quote, not mine).

Could he have been asexual? Sure. Will this become an awesome visibility for our community? Don't know.

But I never believed that he molested kids.

I'm sure i saw a quote once but Michael in which he actually denied being asexual, said the implication was hurtful. Personally, I've always believed he was, even if he was in denial about it. But maybe that's a fan wanting to have something in common with her idol. Either way, now he's gone, I wish people would let the speculation about his personal life stop, at least for a while.

I realize that many people here at AVEN would like to believe that Michael was a fellow Ace. I am sorry, but I just do not believe it. I believe he pretened to be asexual, and hid behind that. I also believed he liked kids, and not necessarily in a good way.

Sorry to be cynical, but working for a law firm has shown me that many nice, innocent appearing people have a dark side that they hide, and some of them hide it very well.

Jillianimal
A lot of unexpected heart disease/failure occurs when a person is under a lot of undue stress. Could his confusion and lack of knowledge about his potential asexuality have contributed to his death? I wish we could have saved him.

He was really busy lately. I highly doubt he would stress to such a point because of something so irrelevant.

I would bet that Brooke Shields meant "non-sexual" if she said asexual. She's sexual; she wouldn't say she had an "asexual" relationship with anyone, since she isn't one.

Jackson was a great talent, but I would bet he was also a pedophile (in the sense of abusing minor boys). He paid off one boy's family, instead of having the case go to trial. With that kind of charge, if you're innocent and know they can't prove you're guilty, you don't usually pay someone off.

Jillianimal
Jackson was a great talent, but I would bet he was also a pedophile (in the sense of abusing minor boys). He paid off one boy's family, instead of having the case go to trial. With that kind of charge, if you're innocent and know they can't prove you're guilty, you don't usually pay someone off.

He probably knew he wasn't gonna win anyway & that the parents just wanted his money. They did drop once he paid them off, right?

Either way... Rock stars always die young.

Except the Moody Blues & Rod Stewart. They are still rockin' & the last time I saw them, they looked very... er... "mature."

I doubt that he was asexual, he had two different wives and three kids. Though he could have turned asexual later in life

I feel like there is something that needs to be said, but I don't quite know what it is.

Um, asexuals can have sex, can have children, can have relationships, and still be welcome to call themselves asexual.

hi! newbie here. With all the coverages about MJ, I thought it's a good time for the asexual community to raise their profile. Cos from what I read and see and heard about MJ's life, it seems probable that he was asexual.

To those who constantly accused him of child molestation, why don't you do a little research on the trials. You sound quite judgmental for someone whom the world considers as 'freak'. I have been guilty of doubting his innocence before. Only after he died did I bother to look up about the accusations, and I was horrified at how obviously they were cases of money extortion. His accusers should be brought to justice.

I am sorry, people, but MJ is not a good public image for us... really, think about it, will yah.

Also, I don't think those kids are really "his." Maybe he subcontracted the job, or something...

I am not saying that MJ was an "evil person," but really, the guy had issues. I feel bad for him, his childhood was all messed up & stuff, never had a chance at a normal life. It may have messed him up. He may or may not have been a molester, he may have been a drug addict. He was talented and brilliant, and also, most likely, he was in a lot of pain. A tragic story, that Michael Jackson. Really tragic.

How about we just stop guessing and gossiping about other people's orientations and identities? It gets as bad as those whispers of certain celebrities being gay you see once in the while in news headlines and trashy magazines. There's absolutely no way to know unless the person speaks for themself, and many fall into stereotypes in the process of trying to identify another person's orientation. Really, speculating isn't going to get the asex community anywhere.

X Phoenix X
I am sorry, people, but MJ is not a good public image for us... really, think about it, will yah.
How about we just stop guessing and gossiping about other people's orientations and identities?... Really, speculating isn't going to get the asex community anywhere.

First let me say that ever since hearing about his death I have really been thinking about Michael Jackson's life. I was hoping to find a thread on here discussing this topic as well as some of the positive views people had about him. To be honest (and I realize I am going to sound like a jerk saying this) I am kind of surprised and disappointed the conversation isn't a little bit more meaningful.

How sad and ironic is it that even in death people can only conceive of using him? It doesn't matter that his image was tarnished by the allegations of abuse (which I believe to have been false). Any intelligent discussion about asexuality is a good discussion about asexuality. I have wanted to share my thoughts about this, but I still just can't find the words. I think that he certainly was addicted to plastic surgery and exploited by his surgeons, but really the fact that he changed his appearance so drastically might also indicate that he sort of transcended traditional ideas of gender, race, and age. The thing that really leads me to believe (as I always have) that he was asexual was the fact that he simply did not even comprehend how people could think that he would harm children, that sharing a bed with a child could be a sexual thing. I mean this is something I totally relate to and I am certainly no pedophile. The fact that he engaged in such a thing just opened him up to the law suite, not because he was sick but because our society is sick. How perverse is our culture that he was never allowed to be a child, that he couldn't even be comfortable in his own skin, that his face was never good enough? And the one thing that ever made him happy, his love for children was distorted by our sexualized world into something revolting and monstrous? How devastating to be able to look into the eyes of a child and actually be able to appreciate them for what they are; creative, innocent miracles of human potential only to have the media who once loved you turn that into something so sickening. I would have killed myself.

^ I agree with phoenix. It's the world that's screwed up sometimes. Everything gets twisted one way or other into something sexual. He definitely had a sort of child-like innocence about him. I don't think he realised that the way he interacted with kids could be misinterpreted by others as something sexual.

After watching several of his interviews and behind-the-scenes clips, I seriously doubt that he could be the type to be a pedophile. Now I don't pretend like I know who he really was, because I don't (obviously). But usually one can get a feel of a celebrity's real personality (not just their stage persona) from interviews and etc. From the looks of things, he seemed to be a genuinely nice, sweet, down-to-earth, humble person who genuinely cared about the world and its people - unlike most celebrities these days who either have inflated egos or are usually too busy being self-absorbed in their own lives or out there partying/getting wasted to really want to make a difference and change the world for the better. He was extremely shy, yes, and in some ways I think that the huge contrast from his outgoing and loud stage persona probably threw people off, and contributed to them thinking he was a bit strange. But think about it - he was pushed into the spotlight at such a young age, he probably had to learn to be someone different on stage to deal with things.

I think he just really loved kids and anything childhood-related - because he missed out on his own. And everyone gave him crap because of that, labelling him "weird", or took advantage of his niceness towards kids. The people who were closest to him say that in many ways he was just like a big kid.

I think his song Childhood pretty much says it all. Jackson did mention in an interview that it was one of the songs that he put the most emotion into writing, and that it was autobiographical:

Have you seen my Childhood?

I'm searching for the world that I come from

'Cause I've been looking around

In the lost and found of my heart...

No one understands me

They view it as such strange eccentricities...

'Cause I keep kidding around

Like a child, but pardon me...

People say I'm not okay

'Cause I love such elementary things...

It's been my fate to compensate,

for the Childhood I've never known...

I'm searching for that wonder in my youth

Like pirates and adventurous dreams,

Of conquest and kings on the throne...

Before you judge me, try hard to love me,

Look within your heart then ask,

People say I'm strange that way

'Cause I love such elementary things,

It's been my fate to compensate,

For the Childhood I've never known...

I'm searching for that wonder in my youth

Like fantastical stories to share

The dreams I would dare, watch me fly...

Before you judge me, try hard to love me.

The painful youth I've had

Have you seen my Childhood....

~~~

I think most people did too much of the "judging" when it came to michael jackson. A lot would just take one look at his plastic surgery and immediately call him weird - but not many actually bother to find out the story behind it all. Like how his father always made fun of his nose when he was younger and made him feel like crap about himself because of it, which probably led to him wanting surgery to "fix" it later in life. Or people say he was "trying to be white", when in fact he had vitiligo (although I do think he might have done something afterwards to even out the white blotches, but it was still vitiligo that started it).

He was a very misunderstood person.

Hello everybody!

I do think Michael was closer to being asexual than anything. I think in his case the reason was that he emotionally got stuck at the age of 12-13, and that applies to his sexuality too, IMO.

Here is an intersting article from his friend Brooke Shields on him: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/291...ops_pure_soul/2

They were dating between 1979 and 1993, and it never turned sexual...

Now, of course society's reaction to that will be that then he certainly was gay or maybe indeed a pedophile. I have followed his trial in 2005 and my opinion is based on the evidence and witnesses presented there that he was NOT a pedophile. I am also convinced about that by watching videos on him and seeing his childlike behaviour. He was indeed a big kid, stuck at the age of 13 in his emotional development! Actor Macaulay Culkin, who is now an adult and who rubbished the claims that Michael ever molested him when he was a kid, once said that we often use the term "big kid" to adults, but what people don't realize is that Michael was indeed that! In his case it wasn't just a term.

Some videos showing how genuinely childlike this guy was:

Michael Jackson's first christmas - in 1993:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-E3mhsf_a8

From 4:44:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmMUw5qdYXw

Making of Thriller:

Unauthorized interview from 1983:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZnrxk-dpVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg2ILcrqyQA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F1es_ckoYY

Interview in 1983:

I think this childlikeness gave him the creativity (the ability of seeing things differently than most of us) but also the loneliness, the feeling that nobody can possibly understand him. He was attracted to kids (not in a sexual way) and poeple who were childstars themselves or in the focus of media attention as children (Liz Taylor, Brooke Shields, Tatum O'Neal, Lisa Marie Presley).

It's interesting though that he was pretty much an adult on stage: very professional and also very sexual. It's like he had two different personalities or as if he could live his "adultness" and sexuality only on stage.

I do not think he was gay. Despite of the high voice and his looks I have never had that impression watching him interacting with people. I have just read a long interview on him with two people who have worked with him and it included this part:

"CR: “He [Michael] was smart enough to video camera it [the Martin Bashir interview] and it clearly showed that the guy [bashir] just twisted everything and made it, he turned everything into a false or a lie. They ask Michael a question. Are you gay? And Michael said, ‘I don’t want to answer that question.’ Now that was the one that he said. So it quickly edited to Bashir going, ‘Obviously he didn’t want to answer for obvious reasons.’

So then when Michael showed his version, he said, ‘Are you gay?’ Michael said, ‘I don’t want to answer that question.’ Then he said, ‘But if you turn your camera off, I will answer your question.’ Then the guy said ok, turn the camera off. Then Michael said, ‘No. Absolutely not. I am not gay, but I have millions of gay fans and if they believe I’m gay, then let them believe I’m gay.’ He said, ‘I don’t care. I don’t want to offend anybody.’ You know?”"

If anything, he was attracted to women, but more in an emotional, asexual way than a sexual way, IMO. I think when he got married to Lisa Marie Presley they did have sex, that's what Lisa says at least and she looks like an honest girl. But I think it was more for her than for him. I think Michael wasn't very keen on sexuality and I'm not sure he had sex with anybody else before or after that marriage. Tatum O'Neal and Brooke Shields both say they didn't have sex when they dated Michael - although Tatum O'Neal said Michael would talk a lot about sex, but when they kissed they both got intimidated and he jumped up and went away. He was 17 at the time. Debbie Rowe - I think that's obvious that it wasn't a real relationship.

More thoughts on Michael:

You know, in a way, I think to understand MJ's sexuality. I know it's a bold statement, because I can only judge from what appeared in the media and that may not give us the whole picture. Let me be clear: I do not believe he is a child molestor and I do not beleive he is gay.

My sexuality is strange. I would call myself a hetero-asexual, if that makes sense. What does that mean? I am 32 and a virgin and I do not have the desire to have sex with anybody. BUT. I do fantasisize. I do have romantic and even sexual fantasies. In my dreams I am heterosexual, I do not have homosexual leanings at all. My dreams are more romantic than sexual, but sexual fantasies happen too. But I do not have any desire to make them reality. Ever. In fact the thought of anybody ever touching me in a sexual way in reality scares me. I don't want it at all. And I am content with my life, I am happy, sexually not at all frustrated. It's just the way it is.

And for some reason I do believe MJ might have had this, what I have. Being more a romantic than a sexual person, more dreamy than physical. (Once he even said in an interview that he likes to fantasize a lot and he is not a fan of reality - although he did not say that in a sexual context.)

I think people would look at me, being 32, living alone and would speculate behind my back why don't I have a boyfriend or a husband. It's horrible that all the world can think of is sex, sex, sex, sex and if you don't fit into a stereotype they will think strange things about you. And people think strange things about Michael's sexuality too because he doesn't fit into a stereotype.

Michael was this big kid, to him this "just holding hands, laughing, giggling and having fun" type of asexual relationship that he had with Brooke Shields was more fitting than his marriage to Lisa Marie Presley. Not that I think his marriage to Lisa was not real. I do think it was real, but I wonder if he had done it even if he had never been accused with child molestation. I don't think he was a child molestor, but I think after the alligations he got a bit scared and I think he wanted to prove a point to the outside world as well as to himself with that marriage. I do think he loved Lisa in his own way and I do believe what Lisa says, that they had sex, but I think he needed to be scared out of his child world by those alligations to do that and marry.

People will always ask, why didn't he take Brooke to bed, was he gay or something? But I don't think MJ was gay, neither a pedophile. As far as I see it he WAS attracted to women (Diana Ross, Tatum O'Neal, Brooke, Lisa Marie, Liz Taylor etc.) but more emotionally than sexually. I can relate to that (only I am not attracted to women, of course).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again everybody! I'm so glad to read comments from so many like-minded people! I believe I'm asexual, cos the thought of sex and intimate relationship freaks me out. And I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I do have sexual fantasies too. (Thank you Suzy77 for making me feel not so alone! :) )

And another reason I don't believe Michael Jackson had done those horrible things is because I can totally relate to him, cos I don't think about sex all the time, and I certainly don't think sharing a bed with children is something bad. I'm guessing American society equates bed to sex? Because most people in other parts of the world don't believe in the allegations either. I have seen some people in Chinese forums quoting the parts he said about it's a loving thing to share your bed, to emphasize his loving personality. At first I was horrified, cos I know this is the quote that damaged his image. But then when i read it carefully in Chinese, it actually sounds harmless. I guess a bed = a bed in Chinese. :P

Here's a new article with another of MJ's friends (?) telling this:

"Michael found it very difficult to have relationships with women," said Mark. "He found the sexual act something he couldn't do. When he was about 16 or 17 he had a very famous female child star who basically jumped on him, naked in his hotel room, and tried to seduce him.

"He became very scared, and found it so disturbing he couldn't perform. Michael wasn't gay. But I'd say he was asexual.

"Then in one of our regular phone conversations he said he realised having kids was a natural thing but that he just couldn't do it."

http://www.postzambia.com/content/view/12182/58/

I don't know......fact is I always thought he was like that (even before I knew about these terms myself)....but that's just my opinion and maybe even wish.

I still think he could have been one....and I don't think at all that he would've been a bad example, not at all.

He wasn't a normal/usual kind of person but he wasn't bad either...so what....

• 3 weeks later...

I've found an intresting thread on a Michael Jackson fan forum...Many there seem to believe he was asexual, others don't even know what this is....all in all...it is a good read:

http://www.maximum-jackson.com/discussion/...ight=asexuality

P.D.:Sorry for double posting, but I thought it was intresting.... :mellow:

I think I remember Brooke Shields saying he was Asexual recently

I just wanted to highlight this link ( http://www.maximum-jackson.com/discussion/...ight=asexuality ) because of the nature of the discussion held in it.

Not so much because of the linkage to Michael Jackson but because of the knowledge (and acceptance) exposed in this thread....this thread is a rarity for sure.

( I think that although there were many articles about his supposed "asexuality" lately, people commenting on asexuality had not much knowledge about it and seemed more rejecting it, just because it's out of the norm rather than because of knowledge...)

I've seen much more rejection about asexuality than affirmation in most non-sexuality related articles and threads on the internet.

That's all. I may be totally wrong and may have just bumped into the wrong places.

je_suis_napoleon

I personally believe he was ace. But I also believe that that's all it can ever be - my personal belief. I don't know, maybe some years down the road we'll find his personal diaries or something.

I personally believe he was ace. But I also believe that that's all it can ever be - my personal belief. I don't know, maybe some years down the road we'll find his personal diaries or something.

It's well known he documented his life with videos and photos. He also scribbled a lot in notebooks...so there's obviously plenty of personal information out there but his family and friends keep it all secret. He was a very private person and I think all his friends and his family respect that.

So it's not about finding things, it's more about whether those persons will ever show us something of it and unravel secrets....someday...who knows.

Then again, people always have secrets somewhere, things which nobody knows...

Oh'I've found another intresting thread on this forum concerning asexuality and people's views:

It's very intresting and you should read this,it's even more intresting than the other link I've posted...Imagine they weren't talking about Michael Jackson but any other asexual....don't know but those threads are way too absorbing.... :)

http://www.maximum-jackson.com/discussion/...ghlight=asexual

There's quite alot of discussion going on there about him but concerning asexuality....at least some people will get to know what it really is....independently of the discussion about his life.

There are also quite a lot of articles out there concerning this...which is quite funny, if you consider how many people may have gotten itnroduced to the term "asexuality" now through articles about him. It may not have been the best way or publicity...but still a remarkable process.

• 2 months later...

Recently watched "This Is It" and like a lot of people (on the Internet;) I get the impression that there are a few impersonators in that film. He might have employed quite a few regularly, e.g. to show themselves to fans around the world often with face mask, even the guy at the O2 in March was probably someone else.

Why this might have to do with asexuality is this: Perhaps Lisa Marie Presley didn't sleep with him at night... This is actually a brilliant idea, and one I would consider if I had to suddenly have sex with someone - put someone who loves it in my place. She once said she'd never seen him without make-up, and in the morning he rushed to the bathroom to put make-up back on after it was all smeared off over the pillows (or to get the real MJ?).

At some point Lisa Marie must have realised this - being so close, a woman feels. But even most fans were tricked when an impersonator came to the O2...

Saying that he's Peter Pan was perhaps mainly a form of self-protection. In J. M. Barrie's novel (likely another asexual), the only relationship Peter Pan thinks exists between a girl and a boy seems to be a mother-son relationship (or sister-brother), but even kisses are expressed in a motherly sort of way, never sexual.

I remember before finding AVEN and 'coming out' I also invented a lot of excuses, from boyfriends who never existed to being too busy, ugly, young, old, to only being interested in historic people long dead...

• 5 months later...
bluebanana2014

I personally strongly believe that MJ was Asexual. n' he was not a child molester! those stupid bitches made that up cause they wanted get money off of him!

I don't know what Michael Jackson was and I don't care. I refuse to make even the tiniest bit of effort to understand a single thing about his music, sex life, family relations, mental capabilities, anything. I just don't care. But this I say with the same right as I say of any person on the bus who could be the most sympathetic person in the universe but makes me feel uncomfortable enough not to sit next to them or defend them as they proceed to piss on their seat: Michael Jackson was creepy and the moment he becomes the icon of AVEN and all asexuals worldwide, I will jump off this boat faster than you can say "detachable nose". The last thing I need is for people to associate me with a man that looked hardly like a mammal when I come out about my asexuality.