Regarding a mod

Davey

Cate Perfect

I think Davey should be the mod for Alt Language.

Cate

That is SO not what I meant.

I don't envy the job you mods have one bit. Cleaning up this kind of filth is not my idea of a good time.

Which isn't to say I wouldn't take it if only to keep up with Tress.

The trouble is that I know only English, and could only deal with the really blatantly inappropriate content like this. Not ideal.

Cate Perfect

Good point.

I really just meant that you're a regular poster so it would make sense if you had a forum.

Gorax: *thumbs up*

Cate

. . . ::sighs heavily::

I think that if one person had mod powers over this forum, but regularly consulted with other mods/members to make sure of the content if it wasn't English (and you can always use BabelFish at Altavista), that would be ideal.

If a significant (like three or four) number of members and DJ feel that way too, Fluffly, I'll put myself back up for candidacy. It's not like there are problems there very often; it's an easy job.

Davey, you're probably right in that it wouldn't be a difficult job--we rarely have trolls and when we do they usually speak English so you'd probably only have to delete things like this thread.

*still thinks Davey should have this forum*

Cate

Cate: Have trolls ever posted in something besides English? I honestly can't remember/don't know.

::votes for Davey::

Not that I know of. It wouldn't be very rewarding for them because most of us are English speakers so we wouldn't be offended by something we couldn't read.

Cate

I doubt any troll cares enough to insult you all in another language. They are reliant on immediate gratification - they aren't intellectual to get their kicks off insulting someone who doesn't even know they're being insulted. And I think Davey should be a mod.

Vicious Trollop

Besides, if a troll is harassing someone in another language, they can just PM Davey as to the problem. Maybe we could put up a sticky thread describing how to take care of such a problem for the users of this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, yes. Davey needs to get Mod-ed. And presumably Lauren as well. Time to commence with the Harrassment and Bother of the DJ. Let the poking begin.

*hands out pointy sticks*

*pokes* *pokepokepokepoke* *looks* Is it working? *resumes poking with determined expression*

Cate

I just did the DJ poking on AIM. He's running out the door now, but when he gets home tonight at midnight he'll mod Lauren and Davey.

*throws party*

*music*

*food*

*dances*

Cate

Wahoo! Well done! *pats new mod*

(And thank God, too. I hated the title of this thread.)

Cate

Archived