• Announcements

Elliott Ford

What it feels like to be trans, genderqueer or genderless

Copal_0

AussieIsAce

probably feels pretty normal cause thats who they are...

ChillaKilla
25 minutes ago, miettaisace said:

probably feels pretty normal cause thats who they are...

What does that mean?

AussieIsAce
9 hours ago, ChillaKilla said:

What does that mean?

the question was 'What it feels like to be trans, genderqueer or genderless'

my answer was normal. 

ChillaKilla
40 minutes ago, miettaisace said:

the question was 'What it feels like to be trans, genderqueer or genderless'

my answer was normal. 

What does “normal” mean? Obviously it’s the only thing we’ve ever known, but the question is intended to mean in the context of being  different by society’s standards, and the marginalization that comes with it- not to mention the dysphoria.

AussieIsAce
2 hours ago, ChillaKilla said:

What does “normal” mean? Obviously it’s the only thing we’ve ever known, but the question is intended to mean in the context of being  different by society’s standards, and the marginalization that comes with it- not to mention the dysphoria.

i interpret the question differently 

ChillaKilla
11 hours ago, miettaisace said:

i interpret the question differently 

Good for you then?

AussieIsAce
3 hours ago, ChillaKilla said:

Good for you then?

just stating the facts. 

you disagree with how i answered and yet its my answer. 

ChillaKilla
4 minutes ago, miettaisace said:

just stating the facts. 

you disagree with how i answered and yet its my answer. 

I don't believe I disagreed with the content of your answer, more so your interpretation of the question as someone who DID answer it the way it was intended to be asked, but if that's what you want to believe I can't stop you.

See the OP:

How else can / have you described what it feels like to be trans / genderqueer / genderless?

Or, if you are not trans / genderqueer / genderless, how would you describe knowing that your gender identity does match your body?

waffle house

as someone who’s genderflux female, but very much on the agender side of things most of the time, i’d say that it truly feels like my brain in terms of gender is a blank slate. when i think about myself i don’t typically think of myself as “a girl”, just as... me. a person. when i do feel more female, how i think about and refer to myself changes.

in some ways, it makes me wonder if the female part of me is only there because of social obligation, or conditioning(?) with me being AFAB. but that’s true anyways, isn’t it? - gender, and any number of ways in which each of us perceive ourselves, is inherently tied to social conditioning and experiences we’ve had. just because i was “conditioned” to be female doesn’t mean that part of my identity is somehow invalidated.

:)(:

Mmm I have a question. What doese it mean to feel like a girl or boy? I mean whatever I do be it girlish or not I see it as a part of my personality not by gender. I am just confused on that....How conscious are you of your gender.

Copal_0

I jumped the gun when I first posted here. I had to figure out first that I was repressing something, then had to figure out what I was repressing. I feel like I am bigender. After I let it out I was ready to present as a woman and and mix it straight into my life, but then that came crashing down when I finally realized for me what that would mean for me interfacing in the world. I've rebounded, and since then I feel myself involuntarily switching back and forth between a female gender and a male gender. Sometimes it feels like the switch can last minutes, other times seconds.

I know I've had these shifts throughout my life, but I'm actually happy now that I think I can identify it. I think one of the reasons why it was so hard to identify was because we have this positive (not in terms of value) model of what gender is, but feeling dysphoric is more of a void. Like "this doesn't fit", but you can't know what fills that void if you don't realize it exists in the first place. 

The last few weeks have been surreal. I feel like I'm LARPing Quantum leap (but in reverse or something)

Alexandrite Alicorn
On 12/27/2017 at 3:48 AM, Copal_0 said:

I jumped the gun when I first posted here. I had to figure out first that I was repressing something, then had to figure out what I was repressing. I feel like I am bigender. After I let it out I was ready to present as a woman and and mix it straight into my life, but then that came crashing down when I finally realized for me what that would mean for me interfacing in the world. I've rebounded, and since then I feel myself involuntarily switching back and forth between a female gender and a male gender. Sometimes it feels like the switch can last minutes, other times seconds.

I know I've had these shifts throughout my life, but I'm actually happy now that I think I can identify it. I think one of the reasons why it was so hard to identify was because we have this positive (not in terms of value) model of what gender is, but feeling dysphoric is more of a void. Like "this doesn't fit", but you can't know what fills that void if you don't realize it exists in the first place. 

The last few weeks have been surreal. I feel like I'm LARPing Quantum leap (but in reverse or something)

You could be bigender, yes, but personally I think that what you're describing is genderfluid, or some derivative thereof. Then again, that may just be me... Take it or leave it, whichever fits you best... I'm not you, I don't know exactly how you feel. Look up the terms, decide which one, if any, fits you, and be awesome with plenty of cake...

Just sayin'. It could be who you are, it could not. Only you can know for sure. I'm not trying to force this on you, just giving a suggestion. Hopefully this helps

Tortuga. 

Angelnoir
On 21.12.2017 at 5:56 AM, :)(: said:

Mmm I have a question. What doese it mean to feel like a girl or boy? I mean whatever I do be it girlish or not I see it as a part of my personality not by gender. I am just confused on that....How conscious are you of your gender.

That's a good question. Whatever I do or like, whether it's girlish or boyish is my personality and not my gender. Gender is something constructed by the whole of society, i.e. most people nowadays think pink is a girlish color. That doesn't have to mean anything for you as a person at all. You like what you like, doesn't make you more of a girl or a boy, man or woman. 

Alexandrite Alicorn

My fave color is orange. I say scr3w gender roles, I don't give two cents about what society governs I wear or act like. Never gonna be a cis/het, never gonna want to be one, for I am who I am

Calligraphette_Coe
On 12/20/2017 at 11:56 PM, :)(: said:

I suffered 4 episodes of severe cranial trauma in my lifetime. Each time, I felt a little different afterward in how I saw, thought and how it affected memory, et al. But even knowing the before and after, you'd be hard pressed to guess what happened to me, and I couldn't give you any numbers like 'how many fewer engineering facts are you able to recall now'. 

But I know I'm no longer meeting OEM specs.

it's like a was taken prisoner as a baby by a whole different tribe, and to count coup on that tribe, they raised me to be one of them. I shouldn't know this, I just do, just as I know I'm not one of them, but it's all I've ever known. 

It's like I remember the Garden of Eden, but can' get back in to save my soul.  :(

Nylocke

So I had on a very gothic looking outfit yesterday to accompany my latest hair color and my mom said that I looked feminine for once ... From that my butt hole clinched a bit x_X

CozyPosie

I used to have major dysphoria towards my body. I have quite a curvy body...wide hips, big breasts, a round butt. My face is quite round giving me an even more feminine appearance. My breasts bothered me a lot. I didn’t feel comfortable with growing my hair out either. At the moment, I don’t care how people read me. I know that gender is an irrelevant factor in my life. I’m not going to argue about gender with people. It’s a waste of time and energy.

GoblinLog

Someone on the first page of this topic mentioned the concept of being, "gender-uncommited."  I rather like that.

As for pronouns, just use my name.  

:)(:
2 minutes ago, GoblinLog said:

Someone on the first page of this topic mentioned the concept of being, "gender-uncommited."  I rather like that.

As for pronouns, just use my name.  

What if your name is He?

😝

pinkroses

hi. i think i might be transgender. 

KarinExMachina

Hey Pink.. you think you might be Trans? how do you feel about your gender.. I myself have known i didnt fit in this stereotype i was given for a very long time.. only recently have i gotten the courage to show myself for who i am.. albeit this was 5 years ago now.. still struggling on the path towards my enlightenment. but we get there in the end.

KarinExMachina

Personally being trans is empowering. showing your true colors. who you truly are and being accepted for it is a great boost in self confidence.. my family have yet to accept it but ive often expressed myself as feminine around me friends and felt really good about myself.. however there are fears.. these being toilets and non acceptance and wondering who is gonna take things very violently with you is very scary