Do we have a flag?

(we have :cake: and i noticed somewhere on here we have keychains with :cake: hehe)

Aimeendfire

are we taking over countries?

but...no...I dont think we have a flag.

We have the AVEN triangle. That's good enough right?

that is now my fav youtube video ever

Aimeendfire

that is now my fav youtube video ever

Eddie Izzard is God!

Eddie Izzard is God!

Yes, yes he is...with less beard and more stilettos ^_^

CaleCaesar

I didn't even click the link and started laughing. I want Eddie Izzard to be the father of my children.

that_american_kid

I didn't even click the link and started laughing. I want Eddie Izzard to be the father of my children.

Care to exlain how that's going to work?

No no! Please don't!

I had a dream last night where I was in an airport, and I ran into Eddie Izzard, and we started speaking in French about the president of Burundi. It was an excellent dream...

But yeah, we have the triangle that you see at the top of the page, the AVEN logo. :)

this on a flag would be kind of confrontive, wouldn't it...

asexual.jpg

I approve. :D

you*hear*but*do*you*listen
this on a flag would be kind of confrontive, wouldn't it...

asexual.jpg

I NEED that button for my laptop case.

silentdreamer
I vote for the Jolly Roger! :lol:

I second that vote! We be cake pirates, arrg! :cake: :lol:

JollyRoger.jpg

chipmunkgirl

Asexy pirates... love it!

And we could help fight global warming hahaha... Yarr...

I vote for the Jolly Roger! :lol:

I second that vote! We be cake pirates, arrg! :cake: :lol:

JollyRoger.jpg

But... we cause global warming D: It follows us like a dab of marinara sauce on one of His noodly appendages!

silentdreamer
But... we cause global warming D: It follows us like a dab of marinara sauce on one of His noodly appendages!

Actually, it's the lack of pirates that causes global warming. Pirates are good for the earth!

Actually, it's the lack of pirates that causes global warming. Pirates are good for the earth!

Oh no, I read my graphs wrong!! *dies*

Oh no, I read my graphs wrong!! *dies*

Somalia: fighting Global Warming since the early 90's!

Frozen meat section at Tescos.

Whilst on the topic of Eddie Izzard, why no mention of cake?

Vivid-Dawn

Alright, I guess I'm a little confused...

Isn't the purple triangle the symbol for homosexuals? Or is it a right-side-up one?

And as far as I know, the rainbow square is for same-gender in general, right? (homosexuals and lesbians). What do the lesbians have?

(I try not to use the term "gay", because I personally find it a bit offending like "fagot". Whenever I think of gay, I think of the old fashioned definition of "happy or joyful". Also, 'fagot' is a bundle of sticks for firewood).

Aimeendfire

Aven triagle isn't purple though

its upside-down half shaded black

Frozen meat section at Tescos.

Whilst on the topic of Eddie Izzard, why no mention of cake?

It has been mentioned many times :lol:

awesome isn't it :P

Alright, I guess I'm a little confused...

Isn't the purple triangle the symbol for homosexuals? Or is it a right-side-up one?

And as far as I know, the rainbow square is for same-gender in general, right? (homosexuals and lesbians). What do the lesbians have?

(I try not to use the term "gay", because I personally find it a bit offending like "fagot". Whenever I think of gay, I think of the old fashioned definition of "happy or joyful". Also, 'fagot' is a bundle of sticks for firewood).

The symbol for homosexuals is an upside-down pink triangle. It's a reclaimed symbol from the Holocaust, where Nazis labeled those in concentration camps in order to openly air what's "wrong" with them. It's not listed here, but lesbians had black upside-down triangles. That not as popular a symbol. (I'm not sure whether various concentration camps had different "classification systems"?) Here is an explanation of other kinds of symbols, such as flags, etc.

I'm not sure if there's a thread I can link to that explains the AVEN triangle, but it was created based on the Kinsey scale. On one end of the line, you would have completely heterosexual, on the other end, completely homosexual, and the idea was to create another corner off of that line, to represent completely asexual. That corner was created below the line, and thus the AVEN triangle was born. Usually there is a gradient where the bottom half of the triangle is filled in, in order to indicate that that's the area of the triangle you would represent.

(Also, wouldn't homosexuals being happy or joyful be a good thing? Heh.)

Vivid-Dawn
(Also, wouldn't homosexuals being happy or joyful be a good thing? Heh.)

Well, technically, everybody should be happy ;)

Anyhoo!

Oh... I guess I get it now. The website has a sort of purple theme to it, so I guess I just kinda let it 'bleed' into the triangle image. It is more gray, now that I look at it better.

Pink triangle for homosexuals? ...then where does purple come in! I know there's purple in there somewhere, because I used to try to avoid anything purple to avoid the stereotype (especially since my best friend in high school was homosexual...or at least he claimed. He's more like Bi (actually, he's just plain confused), because he was my "'first").

I don't not like them, I just would rather not be mistaken for one. I guess I'm selfish.

I suppose it's just that pink and purple are similar. I'm not sure if there's any connection - on the flag, pink represents sexuality, and purple represents spirit. If anyone knows an answer, definitely mention it, I'm curious.

And, uh, I don't think wearing a purple shirt is going to make people think you're not straight. In terms of a "gay-dar" (which is not valid, really), people tend to look more at your mannerisms, voice inflection, attitude.... And, to be kind of blunt, as someone who is mistaken almost constantly for the wrong gender, it's really not that big of a deal. And there are a lot bigger/worse things to be mistaken for. (Not to say that gender is one of them, it's an example.)

No - as of now, we only have the triangle as displayed in the AVEN logo.

Hailtheplatypus

Wait, why would pirates want to prevent global warming? Personally i think piracy is the perfect job in a growing industry. I mean what other job has an expanding physical geography?