Asexuality feature tonight on ABC TV Australia

triplejhack

triplejhack

AUSTRALIAN YOUTH BROADCASTER DO A STORY ON ASEXUALS

Imagine never feeling attracted to men or women and having no desire to have sex. Reporter Antoinette Chiha spends time with three young asexuals for tonight's Hack on triple j tv. According to US research 1 person in every 100 is an asexual.

Hack is a youth current affairs show on ABC television Australia.

That's asexuality tonight on triple j tv with Hack reporter Antoinette Chiha.

If you can't watch it on the telly you can watch it online tomorrow www.triplej.net.au/tv/hack

I thought I'd like to congratulate Antoinette, Elijah, Kerry and Gemma on a great story :)

If any of you guys are interested I've recorded it on my computer and uploaded it to youtube

in glorious 16x9 Widescreen
little_miss

Yay, for visibility in Australia!

The video was well done and the people who were featured did a great job explaining asexuality. It was great to hear demisexual and grey_A get a mention.

SpirallingSnowy

Thanks for the kudos :)

elijah_aus

I'm quite happy... it wasn't quite as embarassing as I thought it'd be. Thought it was quite professionally done as well... Great for visibility. I want to thank Antoinette and her team at ABC for their efforts - and their unbias report.

SpirallingSnowy

It was really well done.... glad to see ya on here Elijah :)

I found the opening graphic to be completely inappropriate and the sex therapist to be a close minded bigot who wanted just to be insulting for the sake of it. But other than that it was a pretty good standard affair.

I thought it was very well done and showed a neutral / positive image of asexuals, we need some more of this kind of reports everywhere in the world!

that_american_kid
I found the sex therapist to be a close minded bigot who wanted just to be insulting for the sake of it.

Yeah, why do segments on Asexuality always have to include one of those? The British one recently didn't, which I loved, but goshdarnit, they've always got to have some asephobic therapist on there getting all upset because we're happy sexless.

Shadow girl

You guys did great on it.

The therapist just doesn't get it but I hope that they will accept it at some point in the future.

Archived