Asexuals and Wanting to have Kids

Huggins294

I love kids.

I've babysat since I was 12, and I love feeling like I'm helping a child adjust to the world, and helping them to establish a personality.

Plus, it's just plain fun to run around playing make-believe!

I'm very protective of animals and anything under my care, so I really feel like I am meant to be a mother one day.

Yes, being asexual does put some kinks in that chain, but I still want biological children. I'm not opposed to adoption, and I completely understand the whole population growth thing (which I agree with, there are WAY too many people on this planet), but for some reason, I love the idea of having my own kids. Being pregnant, being able to call up my mom and dad and say "hey, you're gonna be grandparents!"...I love these ideas.

I think while I'm missing the "mating" drive other people seem to have, I'm definitely not missing the drive that tells you to pass on your genes into a new generation.

BUT! Too clarify- I DO NOT want kids right now! I think I scare my mom with talking about having kids so much. I'm only a sophomore in college! Good grief, no children!!!!! Not for another ten years, please! :shock:

I want my and my partners genetic material to combine into a unique being. There might be something there which future generations will apreciate. Asexuality for example.

But more importantly I want to pass on beliefs and the wisdom I plan to have gathered over the years. I can do that as an uncle or great uncle though.

In my opinion, having children is the only real purpose of sexual intercorse. Sexual pleasure is more easily acheived using alternate methods.

I agree with that exactly. I would like to have kids, and I would like them to be my kids. Not that that matters too much, but I don't know whether it would make a difference. I love kids though, I tend to get on with them a lot better than with adults.

I think while I'm missing the "mating" drive other people seem to have' date=' I'm definitely not missing the drive that tells you to pass on your genes into a new generation. quote']

I agree completely. I just don't think I could have sex just to get pregnant. It would be just as wonderful to adopt a baby, although I don't know if a single woman would have much chance of adopting....

I love kids though, I tend to get on with them a lot better than with adults.
I am with you on that, children are nowhere near as judgemental as adults. They are pure and untainted in many respects, and I feel much more comfortable around them. My baby sister idolises me, but I really dont understand why...
the other one
I have actually had six of them. [snip] I also love and adore the children who came from the process. They are all highly intelligent, most of them have very high IQs (they take after their mother), they are artistic, healthy, well spoken, well behaved, extremely loved people. If I weren't 43 and if I were married, I'd love more.

Why stop at age 43? It sounds like the world needs your kids. :D

In general, I would support anyone who wants kids and is prepared to put in the time, effort and love to bring them up well, regardless of their sexuality.

By the way, IVF is not necessarily the answer. It is physically unpleasant for the woman, time consuming, wildly expensive, and unreliable.

Archived