Asexuality and Steampunk

Hayley

Hi all,

Aside from AVEN (and probably more so) I frequent the brassgoggles.co.uk forum for people with an interest in the Steampunk genre. Somebody there has created a "Sexual orientation" poll and it boasts 20 asexual members (4.6% of votes) - just a little thing, but cool none-the-less.
And if any of the other 19 are reading this - hi!

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/bg-forum/index.php?topic=4019.0

2015 Edit: New Link

I wish I could honestly vote "asexual," because they have good tee-shirts
silentdreamer

I'm highly fascinated with steampunk, but I've never joined or even lurked on a forum about it. That's awesome about the poll :)

Steam-punk fascinates me. It all started with Time Splitters: Future Perfect, the levels toward the end are set on a huge steam-powered submarine with steam-powered robots and- but I digress.

Nalle and I are actually meeting a number of people from that very forum this weekend. They're a wonderful crowd, very intelligent and open.

:)

And I'm into Steampunk as an aesthetic, although I'm really starting to appreciate the inventiveness and that very few things are deemed useless by those into Steampunk. Truly an amazing group.

Guest EGDingaSofa

I liked your link. It is something aesthetically I could really dig.

like hellboy scratches something similar to this

*hope you and Nalle have a good time at the meet up* :D

:cake: :cake:

• 4 months later...

I recently found out that I've been fascinated by steampunk! I love the Victorian style, and I also love gadgets, so when I found out about steampunk, I was really excited! I found this band, Abney Park, which is really great!

I think the manga Clover from CLAMP is also steampunk?

clover15.jpg

And I found cute steampunk jewelry on this site:

Steampunk Jewelry

I like steampunk, too, although I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan or anything. Just the aesthetic and ideas are cool. It's cool that they included asexuality and that a good percentage of the people answering the poll placed themselves in that category. :D

Nico-Nico Friendo

All of you that are interested in steampunk will probably like this video . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5dJ1YLNC64...feature=related

I love steampunk <3

Was a vague sort of interest, until I played Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. Holy crap. Cheap, oldish game that looked like fun and I'm still obsessed with it.

Nalle Neversure
I recently found out that I've been fascinated by steampunk! I love the Victorian style, and I also love gadgets, so when I found out about steampunk, I was really excited! I found this band, Abney Park, which is really great!

That's the band we went to see. :D

I love steampunk <3

Was a vague sort of interest, until I played Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. Holy crap. Cheap, oldish game that looked like fun and I'm still obsessed with it.

LOL, I was going to say that, nice game (cheap now too)... bit buggy though (need to safeguard with lots of saves)

Also there are steampunk choices for avatar clothing in one of the Vampire facebook games, and Sims3 has just bought out a steampunk range in the store (silly prices though). It does seem to be all the rage at the moment.

LOL, I was going to say that, nice game (cheap now too)... bit buggy though (need to safeguard with lots of saves)

Also there are steampunk choices for avatar clothing in one of the Vampire facebook games, and Sims3 has just bought out a steampunk range in the store (silly prices though). It does seem to be all the rage at the moment.

Its never crashed on me yet, and I've played many a game on it. <3 I have had the odd glitch where people grant you endless money from a quest reward, or the orcs between Ashbury and Tarant won't let you leave, even if you give them your money or kill them. D:

I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THE SIMS SET! I downloaded it a few days ago and haven't played since! Damn, I have homework now too... Argh.

Archived