Asexuality at Christian forums

Jordan

Kombucha2000

sounds like a couple of them should hear Cate's quote: "You need to take that up with Webster. He seems to think words can have more than one meaning."

Hm. Mordant seems smart, as does stubbornkelly. Dave sounds like an idiot. Whoever signed up to tell him they are a Christian asexual is in for a hard battle!

I have this pressing urge to join and post this definition from dictionary.com:

a·sex·u·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-sksh-l)

adj.

1. Having no evident sex or sex organs; sexless.

2. Relating to, produced by, or involving reproduction that occurs without the union of male and female gametes, as in binary fission or budding.

3. Lacking interest in or desire for sex.

EDIT: Couldn't resist. Joined and posted it.

Good, Fluffy! :D It's strange that the moron Dave accuses us as satanic yet Jesus was probably asexual as well.

I've signed up as well. And the Deconstructicon Expeditionary Force is standing by. :D

Cate Perfect

Right on, Fluffy. *thumbs up* Damn words...having more than one meaning...the NERVE.

Apollo: :D Get them!

Cate

I don't understand why the concept of no sex drive would be so scary to this guy. If someone had more sex drive, would that make them more Christian? What if they indulged it in unapproved ways? ::considers posting that as well::

Apollo: I thought I recognized Veloci. :D

Silly Green Monkey

This thread's actually got some attention. Christianity.com must have a lot of active members.

• 1 month later...
didn't Saint Paul explicitely condone an non-sexual life style? :?

i seem to remember him doing so... a number of times.

Yes, but just read through what DaveW says. THAT is a different "kind"...or something.

Wow Fluffy, I have so much respect for you! I would have given up on DaveW ages ago. Conservative christians make me so angry!(I'm a christian myself, but a very liberal one). Keep going with trying to show him the truth, sooner or later he's got to realise how stupid he's being. But if you get so annoyed or bored with his bullshit, don't blame yourself. Some people are so blinded by narrow mindedness there's nothing anyone can do.

But once again, well done for everything you've done so far, you're kicking ass.

Well...I WOULD give feed back on this....but....i don't think it would be well recieved on a christian fourm.

So i wont.

But great going there Fluffy. You bring a new deffinition to the phrase "YOU RULE!"

Shall the Deconstructicons give Dave W some attention?

I haven't read their shit, I'm not going to, I'm not really qualified to give feedback on the Christianity boards...just remember what it's like when someone who considers us "wrong" or "in need of an adjustment" comes to our board in the name of kicking ass and setting us straight.

I'm not saying don't go over there (tought shit if I were, huh?) but I'm sure they're enjoying the attention they're getting.

I have read a little bit on that forum. I have not joined in the dicussion because they're using ideas and doctrines that are foreign to me. Their religious views are very different from mine and half the time I have no clue what they're talking about.

I have read a little bit on that forum. I have not joined in the dicussion because they're using ideas and doctrines that are foreign to me. Their religious views are very different from mine and half the time I have no clue what they're talking about.

(emphasis mine)

I can't believe I read through all of that ... :roll:

In conclusion so far, I don't think Dave W. has a clue, either.

Unfortunately, I knew several so-called "Christians" who shared equally narrow mindsets back when I used to attend church regularly. They were a substantial contributing factor to my eventual departure.

I also wonder what HIS test would be to determine if an asexual truly had the spiritual gift of celibacy or was just trying to be deceptive.

*the Salem witch trials come to mind*

-Greybird

Well, I am just glad you are not God. I believe God is a lot more accepting than you give him credit for. Do you think God would be offended if someone preferred to live alone? Can you actually imagine God saying, "No, you must get married and be unhappy, because otherwise you, as one puny individual, are a threat to the order of my entire Creation"?? Tell me that isn't ridiculous.

:lol: :lol:

PS, in the whole "male and female he created them", you could point out that asexuality is an orientation, not a gender.

I haven't read their shit, I'm not going to, I'm not really qualified to give feedback on the Christianity boards...just remember what it's like when someone who considers us "wrong" or "in need of an adjustment" comes to our board in the name of kicking ass and setting us straight.

An interesting viewpoint, cijay, one I had frankly not thought of. However, their forum's main subject is Christianity, as ours is asexuality, and I am not by any means attacking that. I think I am pretty respectful, and I think I have the right to be there as long as I am.

But finally, the number one reason I am not to them what certain unmentionables have been to us in the past is...no one has asked me to leave. :D

The ones who do that to us cannot "set us straight" because we are what we are. On the Christianity forums, some people need to be informed because they misunderstand asexuality.

Archived