The Genderqueer Watch

Sammie

butterflydreams
2 minutes ago, Gentle Giant said:

@Hadley167 That really is interesting and cool!

I love seeing stuff like that because it's not sensational. It's just someone who was part of a band I really loved. I didn't really understand how involved in the group she actually was. In the later days, she was a full, touring member. The interview I read was cool (http://herefordshirelive.co.uk/music/dee-palmer-interview). She seems like such a nice person. No real surprise if she was in Jethro Tull.

I loved this quote, when an old fan came up to her in a bar:

He said ‘May I ask you a very personal question?’. I said ‘If it’s about the wine, I can’t really recommend it’. He said ‘Did you used to be David Palmer?’. I said ‘Yes, I did. I suppose I still am really. Why do you ask?’

He said ‘I have seen you so many times. I admire you and your music’. He said ‘You look really good’ and off he went.” 

Thanks chillakilla for sharing. I really like billions so good to know :)

• 3 weeks later...

I think many will be familiar with the series "Transparent" (which I find wonderful). What do you folks think of it? 

The episode 8 of season 3 also sheds light on the experience of a transgender child (in the 1950s), through this flashback on the main character's childhood. I found it very touching.

I've been meaning to watch it, but just haven't gotten time. Is it on Netflix? (in Canada?)

17 hours ago, Heart said:

I've been meaning to watch it, but just haven't gotten time. Is it on Netflix? (in Canada?)

I think it is an Amazon original series so only on Amazon prime.

• 2 weeks later...
ChillaKilla
18 minutes ago, Heart said:

I'm just going to drop this here and wander off:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2011/04/06/5000-year-old-transgender-skeleton-discovered/

*wanders off, whistling*

But it's just a trend that'll die out, sure... /s

Edit: I'm weak. One of the comments is "They dug up the skeleton to let it know that it's reached the end of the NHS waiting list :lol::lol::lol: 

ChillaKilla
<No longer active>

@ChillaKilla i watched the movie itself earlier today, and while all the points made in those articles are valid, the film itself is not a particularly harmful portrayal as far as i can see. 

Ray's character seems accurate, and while i dont think the movie was very good overall, the trans elements seemed to be accurate...

ChillaKilla
13 minutes ago, rivkael said:

@ChillaKilla i watched the movie itself earlier today, and while all the points made in those articles are valid, the film itself is not a particularly harmful portrayal as far as i can see. 

Ray's character seems accurate, and while i dont think the movie was very good overall, the trans elements seemed to be accurate...

Point... still better than the Danish Girl :wacko: 

Dodecahedron314
On 4/9/2017 at 5:39 PM, ChillaKilla said:

I have absolutely no experience with this sort of genre at all, but I will absolutely watch the heck out of their video when it's released because HOLY HECK AGENDER MUSICIANS YES.

Also, because I somehow haven't mentioned this in this thread yet: Anybody in the mood for a podcast with not one, but TWO canon nonbinary protagonists?!? Because have I got a recommendation for you: The Penumbra Podcast. Both the Juno Steel storyline, which had me at the three-word description "gay space noir", and the Coyote of the Painted Plains episodes, which is the first Western-inspired thing since Firefly that I've actually really enjoyed, have canonically nonbinary and non-straight main characters, and are also just generally magnificent takes on their respective genres that amp up the great aspects of each one and wonderfully subvert the problematic aspects. Give it a listen, I promise you won't be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

Found this while searching "non-binary summer clothes advice"

http://pontoeletronico.me/en/2016/non-binary-fashion/

It's apparently from January of last year...eh? 

Does it have to be recent to be in this thread?  

interview from saturday's irish times with ivan fahy being ireland's first androgynous model. ivan identifies as gender fluid.

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/fashion/ireland-s-first-androgynous-model-defiance-boils-up-within-me-1.3042578

Archived