Which do you identify with within your asexuality?

(SP)

How do you identify?  

1. 1.

• Female-same-sex oriented
    • Female-opposite-sex oriented
    • Female-either-sex oriented
    • Female-neither oriented
    • Male-same-sex oriented
    • Male-opposite-sex oriented
    • Male-either-sex oriented
    • Male-neither oriented
    • Other/Neither -towards females
    • Other/Neither -towards males
    • Other/Neither -towards either
    • Other/Neither -towards neither
    • Somehow not listed

This poll is closed to new votes

Male, and I suppose I'm opposite sex oriented, since I find females much more aesthetically pleasing that males. If I ever do wind up in a relationship again, which I'm not holding my breath for, it'd be with a female, I think.

twilight_at_dawn
Female-Either for me. I usually lean more towards guys, but I've been attracted to women and the concept of being in a relationship with women more than once.

exactly.

endofthespiral

I'm male and I'm not really attracted to either sex. I could list my reasons but because of my cinical nature that would lead to negative reprocussions. So, I shall just leave it at that. Unless tacos are an acceptable answer. If so, then I am attracted to tacos. Possibly even in a sexual manner though I've never actuall tried.

To me, attraction is about who I would want to be friends with. It doesn't matter who or what that person is.

Yeh, I like this, well said !!!!

Vicious Trollop

I'm not entirely sure yet, but here's where I'm at now.

I chose the option 'female; opposite-sex oriented.'

I am a female in mind and body, that much I'm sure of.

Here's the thing. When it comes to the kinds of relationships I'm actually looking for right now -- deep friendship, intellectual and emotional attachment -- I could go either way. Actually, I might be more comfortable engaging in such a relationship with a woman. So for all intents and purposes, if you're talking about what I want right now... either sex does not matter or a woman would have a much stronger chance.

But, if you're talking about romantic attraction and the possibility of ever feeling sexual attraction -- two things that really have no place in my life now -- I'm pretty sure for the most part I am attracted to men. But it's a weird thing because I don't really feel such attractions because it's not what I'm looking for. I just have a sense that if I did experience such attraction... it would be for men. I guess I'm just going by celebrity crushes here, which is maybe a little sad.

So, at this point it seems to me I experience intellectual/emotional attraction primarily to women, which is the kind of relationship I am looking for; and romantic/potentially sexual attraction primarily to men, which is the kind of relationship I'm not looking for at this point.

So whatever that makes me, it seems true today.

asexual bi woman here. :D

i wanted to put neither/other for gender, but biologically i'm female, and the gender dysphoria isn't great enough to fairly warrant calling myself "TG".

some day i'll stop getting so hung-up over labels.... :?

YAY! I'm somehow the one not listed!

For full details, PM me.

But...ignoring a very important aspect of my functional asexuality....

I would have been a male attracted to females.

SHWA?

Physically, I'm of the female species. Mentally, I'm not quite sure what I am, but it works. Other than friendship and friend-love, I feel no attraction for men or women.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted Male, either oriented.

But I'm kind of on the opposite side of the middle. I'm more attracted to females than males, but I am quite attracted to males sometimes too.

At the minute anyway

MESO!!!!!

Yeah...I'm a guy...I've been attracted, aesthetically and emotionally, to females and males, in a ratio of about 3:1 or 2:1.

Which always makes my friends think I'm bisexual. And I have to tell them I'm asexual, which they don't believe. Argh.

I have a genetic data insertion device, but it is improperly programmed. It just hangs there flashing 12:00 all the time.

And I'm not a really big fan of humans. I have some friends of both genders, but I really don't have any "attraction" (sexual or otherwise) to either.

So I put male - neither.

My. there sure are a lot of these polls!

Yeah...I'm a guy...I've been attracted, aesthetically and emotionally, to females and males.

Same here.

A-sexcellent.

Xezlec, nice way of putting it, btw.

Female-Either for me. I usually lean more towards guys, but I've been attracted to women and the concept of being in a relationship with women more than once.

exactly.

Moi aussi.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this up for the new members.

Cate

If I -HAD- to pick one of the main ones, it would be "male-either-sex oriented".

But implicit in all of the choices, seems to be monogamy.

I would consider myself "male polyamorous asexual either".

In other words, I'm male, but I favor relationships with more than one male and/or female at the same time, short of complete sexual contact. This may include roughplay, playing intimate games (e.g. strip poker, Twister), sleeping in bed together, practical jokes, and many other activities. Just no sex drive (for me at least), and no direct contact between genitals or exchange of fluids. The closest thing to sexual contact between me and the rest of the group, would be mutual masturbation, and on this, I am asexual -- only giving, not receiving, masturbation, since I have no sex drive.

Put another way, the relationship is for the fun and games, and not sex, even though it can get downright dirty at times. Part of the fun comes from not having to live by everyone else's rules.

I would be interested in meeting other "polyamorous asexual either"s.

• 3 months later...

I attach myself romantically/emotionally to people of either gender. What's strange about me is that in real life I become attached to females (i.e., my best friends.... beyond just normal friendship) most of the time, whereas in fantasy and with fictional characters, I'm more often "attracted" to males (i.e., Dib from Invader Zim, Ze Mole from South Park).

• 1 year later...

Archived