Do Male Asexuals get erections?

smartiepants

I was just wondering if the guys are actually able to get aroused at all? I.e. is it physiological or psychological?

Am just being nosy really, esp as I've heard that if men don't masturbate it can have adverse effects :s

LimeTreeArbour

i do - im still curious about this though

im not sure that not masturbating will have adverse effects; i think that could be a myth

I was just wondering if the guys are actually able to get aroused at all? I.e. is it physiological or psychological?

Am just being nosy really, esp as I've heard that if men don't masturbate it can have adverse effects :s

You can masturbate to release tension... it doesnt have to be ecstatic release IE seeing a hot girl/guy on the street and having to stop somewhere to wank.

PS if you dont get an erection often, blood will not run through your penis and it will die. True: the flaccid penis only receives 1% of blood flow.

You can masturbate to release tension... it doesnt have to be ecstatic release IE seeing a hot girl/guy on the street and having to stop somewhere to wank.

PS if you dont get an erection often, blood will not run through your penis and it will die. True: the flaccid penis only receives 1% of blood flow.

Do people do that? See a hot girl/guy and need to masturbate? That sounds a little over the top...

LimeTreeArbour

oh right; well i encourage erctions from myself but i dont physically masturbate

Impotent men's penises don't die. The flaccid penis receives enough blood to keep the cells alive. However, an erection that lasts several hours can cause the cells in the penis to die. An erection is cause by blood flow out of the penis slowing down and causing blood to build up in the spongy tissue. The flaccid penis just has normal blood flow.

Oh, it happens. It nearly always reacts to physical stimuli, and sometimes It'll go off if the wrong thought runs though your head, even for just a spit second. Other than that, It sometimes goes off for no reason at all. It's Very confusing. And Frustrating too, having that going off and not being attracted to anyone around you regardless. But knowing that my junk actually does work at least tells me that I don't have some dysfunction, I just really am as asexual as I'd like to think. :P

(Possible TMI) umm... about that. That stuff is always growing, and there's not a lot of space in there either. So if a guy goes a long time without... erm... releasing it.... Then It'll do it by itself.

While you're sleeping.

It's really gross. (they call them "wet dreams")

Morning wood is caused by the full bladder putting pressure on a nerve that runs past it and regulates erections. It often lasts until the bladder is emptied so the pressure against the nerve ceases. It's not arousing in itself but can of course happen at the same time as arousal.

Friction, vibrations and similar sensations can cause erection. For me it's not any more arousing than massaging any other body part. It's the only result I've gotten out of my few and futile attempts to masturbate to avoid wet dreams.

The adverse effect of not masturbating is wet dreams. I wake up with a high pulse, feverish feeling and sticky slime in the boxers. A few seconds later when I feel perfectly normal I sigh and think "oh no not this mess again". It's not arousing.

If you don't have wet dreams either then the continuous buildup could get painful and if that happens I guess it's best to see a doctor about it.

Guest member25959

Thats a bit of a personal question....

Oh dear, really?

carried in bags

i get stiffies but i dont crack one off - i dont see the point - it does nothing for me. i have never come other than having a wet one asleep. a bit anoying, but i cant do anything about it. its worse when you have one in someone elses bed, visiting friends or family!

Reasons like this is why I'm glad to be a guy with no penis lol...

Yeah sometimes u sally in the mornings at school. More annoying that useful.

I usually get erections when there's some sexual stimuli, and I often get them right when I need to stand up in a public setting, which is god's way of annoying men. Even though I still get them sometimes, they're just a sign that I'm still human, but it doesn't make them any less irritating. Girls have it lucky, people can't immediately tell when they're aroused by some embarrassing body function and mock them because of it.

As for wet dreams, they've only happened when I'd gone more than about a week without masturbating, which is only when I purposely do it. One disturbing moment was when in my dream (I had gone 9 days without masturbating), I was in a car when all of these random girls started popping up and dancing everywhere, and I, er, came within a few seconds. I woke up a bit later, and realize I had just had a very moist moment, probably around the same time I did when I was dreaming. Freaky, huh?

I was in a car when all of these random girls started popping up and dancing everywhere,

That actually sounds terrifying...

This is why I'm glad I'm not a guy :)

This is why I'm not glad I'm a guy. :wacko:

I've never had a Wet Dream before, and I don't typically get an erection when presented with a sexual stimuli other than 'morning wood', which is already explained isn't related.

carried in bags

i used to worry that id be one to premature ejaculate as i would have wet dreams at just the sight of a naked girl...quite the oposite

i used to worry that id be one to premature ejaculate as i would have wet dreams at just the sight of a naked girl...quite the oposite

I've only had a couple of wet dreams and none of them were about actual sex, just kissing or other things like that. I've heard that this is normal though.

Wikipedia doesn't know :angry:

Lord Happy Toast

Most men get erections throughout the night while they sleep, regardless of whether or not they are aroused. If a man is complaining of "erectile dysfunction," this fact enables a reliable test to determine if it is psychologically caused (he's not turned on) or physiologically caused (parts down there aren't working right.) There's a devise called a penile plesythmograph that measures changes of circumference of the penis which is quite useful for this. (This device has also been used with sex offenders and to study sexual orientation; in those contexts it is very controversial.) They hook the device up to a guy and he wears it while sleeping. If a guy gets erections periodically while sleeping, physiologically, everything's working. If he doesn't, as I understand it, this means that not everything is working right down there.

You know, I always forget that guys have to deal with penises. That would be so awful having to worry whether you're hard in public. I do consider myself very lucky right now. Although, don't forget guys, you still get to pee standing up! (not while erect of course. haha, forgive the pun, I can't help myself sometimes. ... although I'm not gonna lie, I've seen that happen :redface: )

Do people do that? See a hot girl/guy and need to masturbate? That sounds a little over the top...

To be perfectly honest, I have seen men flip it out and do this in public. Total nutty pervos, of course.

Impotent men's penises don't die. The flaccid penis receives enough blood to keep the cells alive. However, an erection that lasts several hours can cause the cells in the penis to die. An erection is cause by blood flow out of the penis slowing down and causing blood to build up in the spongy tissue. The flaccid penis just has normal blood flow.

This is so interesting. I wonder why they tell us all this crap about vaginas in sex ed, and absolutely nothing about the male anatomy (well, almost nothing, I guess I learned how semen is like ... made or whatever) Anyway, it seems to me like this would be really useful information. Just for general health knowledge reasons. It sucks being totally ignorant of male health.

Most men get erections throughout the night while they sleep, regardless of whether or not they are aroused. If a man is complaining of "erectile dysfunction," this fact enables a reliable test to determine if it is psychologically caused (he's not turned on) or physiologically caused (parts down there aren't working right.) There's a devise called a penile plesythmograph that measures changes of circumference of the penis which is quite useful for this. (This device has also been used with sex offenders and to study sexual orientation; in those contexts it is very controversial.) They hook the device up to a guy and he wears it while sleeping. If a guy gets erections periodically while sleeping, physiologically, everything's working. If he doesn't, as I understand it, this means that not everything is working right down there.

Whoa, do you have to like attach it to your cock or what? That seems like it'd be so awkward to sleep with.

heatdissipation

@ Jake Fish: Haha, aww. :lol:

@ matt: That actually does sound quite terrifying! A bit like "badger badger" but with dancing girls. :(

I can, but I have to think about it, like, I've never been kissing someone or anything and just got one, nor have I ever looked at anyone and got one. I either have to think about getting one for my partner or I do wake up with "morning wood"

So I guess we can, it's just not as easy to get one as it is for most guys.

If you're not sure yourself, you can test this by sticking the perforated end bits of a strip of stamps on your flacid penis before going to sleep. If it's ripped in the morning you've had an erection. Haven't done this myself but have been told by a nurse.. and it works apparently. Part of the cheap and cheerful test category.

SlightlyMetaphysical

I can confirm that, apart from the odd person with no sense of social constraint and privacy (read perverts, the mentally handicapped and, apparently, babies. Oh and questionably exhibitionists) no normal sexual does this, or at least, has to do this. I think most just save stuff up for when it's next reasonably convenient.

I was in a car when all of these random girls started popping up and dancing everywhere,

That actually sounds terrifying...

*psychodelic whack-a-mole dream sequences run through SlightlyMetaphysical's head*

Yes male asexuals get erections, i personally hate it but im one of those who wishes to be female so.. :P

In the sense you're MtF and identify as female, or in the sense that you identify as male but think it'd be nice to be and identify as female?

As in I was born male and am trying to come out about being trans one step at a time, I wear feminine clothing of the goth type pretty much 24/7. Long hair, sometimes makeup. etc

If I had been born female I wouldn't be depressed so much.