Your gender?

Guest member25959

Hallucigenia

Biological sex: Female.

Gender: Female. Weakly female, but female. Possibly with a tiny dash of male just to confuse things, or else I'm just crazy. But "female" will do.

third gender!!!

^^

What is third gender? I can think of 5 with an encompassing 6th of "non-binary".

Third gender is often described as, well, sort of in the middle.

By now its a rather redundant word as the gender-binary is obviously an illusion. With a whole spectrum of gender-identities, there are really endless choices in where to place yourself.

To say there are 2 genders is limiting, to say there are 3 or 5 or 9 genders is limiting as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Female. :)

Physically and mentally, I'm a female. I don't really identify with the whole "being a female" sort of thing, though. That doesn't really make a lot of sense, but I mean that I don't really feel like I have a connection to the rest of my gender. I'm not womanly and I've never been a "girly girl." Yes, I'm a female and I'm confident in that, but I've never really felt any sort of deep connection to being a female.

Gender & Sex both female. I'm pretty content with being me.

However, I really like to play "dress up" sometimes as lots of things, androg, male, girlie girl, zombie, characters, creatures. I just love costumes and changing into things temporarily then going back to being regular me. In a way I think it has a small factor in my overall gender ID.

Umi_No_Tenshi
Biological female.

Gender...None, really. Just me.

^ Ditto. :D

Biologically: male

Psychologically: female

Physically: a muddled mess (I am way too heavy, voice pitched two octaves (or so) lower than I would like, skull is too heavy compared to the contemporarily idealized female skull, male pattern baldness is beginning to appear)

Behaviorally, I am some form of neutrois, with some behaviors definitely feminine, others masculine in nature.

The Pixel Monk

Biological male.

Mentally me.

I suppose by brain structure and behavior I would be classified as male, but I'm not really connected to it. So I'm just sort of me.

mad_scientist

I don't know, or particularly care, to be honest. As fascinating as it is to read about other people's gender identities I only understand half of it and I don't see how any of it applies to me. My meat puppet has breasts and ovaries, but I have no idea what criteria I'm supposed to be using for this internal gender thing.

The title of my website says it all: Boy on the outside, girl on the inside.

Being biologically male, I prefer to go the Eddie Izzard route and use the term, "male tomboy." It's a phrase that, as Izzard himself said, both explains and confuses. In my interpretation, it means having a male brain in a female brain in a male body. That's my explanation and it confuses the hell out of me. So I know it's working.

For example, when I was about ten, my literature class read the myth of Atalanta, the Greek woman who beat men at their own games (I also noted her preference for virginity, like Artemis). Impressed, I went home and tried my best to make copies of the hunting dress and sandals with which the illustrator had clothed Atalanta. Why? Why, to throw spears, run races, and have adventures in, of course. But as a girl.

There's an obvious paradox here. It's as if I were claiming to be FtM, but conveniently already had a male body.

Don't you just love irony?

AVENCakes
Being biologically male, I prefer to go the Eddie Izzard route and use the term, "male tomboy." It's a phrase that, as Izzard himself said, both explains and confuses. In my interpretation, it means having a male brain in a female brain in a male body. That's my explanation and it confuses the hell out of me. So I know it's working.

I'm sorry, but it makes perfect sense to me. Except that I don't believe tomboys are male. ^^;

I like your way of looking at it, thuogh I'm sure some FTMs would take umbridge wiht it. I think there's a difference between a person who identifies as being trans and one who sees trans as being a disease that they don't want to define themself as- and that supports the idea. I don't see why a "cis"person couldn't identify with aspects of being trans, even if their gender identity technically matches their body. It's curious.

I like your way of looking at it, thuogh I'm sure some FTMs would take umbridge wiht it. I think there's a difference between a person who identifies as being trans and one who sees trans as being a disease that they don't want to define themself as- and that supports the idea. I don't see why a "cis"person couldn't identify with aspects of being trans, even if their gender identity technically matches their body. It's curious.

Curious, indeed. All fair points, and I'll grant that I'm using very imprecise terminology. Incidentally, thanks for adding cisgender to my vocabulary.

Biologically, female.

Mentally, I don't know. Any time I try to define my gender I just get confused by stereotypes of what it's meant to mean to be male or female, and I relate to both in some ways, but overall I feel like it doesn't matter at all. So, neutral? Genderless? I have no idea. I certainly don't feel any desire to change my physical body, I'm comfortable in it, but sometimes I feel such a dislike of females that I wonder if I'm not totally female. Who knows? As I said, I don't really mind, I don't really feel that 'gender' as a separate term to my sex is really relevant to me. :)

Without sounding totally ignorant, could anyone give a brief explanation of 'cisgender'? And could anyone point me to a useful link about 'multiples'? I'd love to understand this whole side of things better.

Welcome to AVEN, Sabriel! :)

Cisgender means someone who is happy with their gender. That is, their brain and body match. People who are trans (say, boy mind in girl body or vice versa) are certainly not cisgendered. And there are many places in between the cicgender/transgender spectra.

Welcome to AVEN, Sabriel! :)

Cisgender means someone who is happy with their gender. That is, their brain and body match. People who are trans (say, boy mind in girl body or vice versa) are certainly not cisgendered. And there are many places in between the cicgender/transgender spectra.

Thanks! I'm not sure if that applies to me, then.. I'm happy with my gender, but I often don't identify with typically 'female' traits.

biological sex: female

that works well enough ^_^

i just happy being me whatever that may be :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I find myself being bigender. That's when you're both in one body, another term is "two-spirited". Some days I'm really masculine and some days really feminine.

It's quite nice being able to switch, but then again trying to explain it makes it sound as though I have multiple personality disorder. :rolleyes:

ThePieMaker

Biologically female, mentally... i have no idea. I feel like both and neither. I dunno. I say I'm female because I've sort of been trained to think "Okay, I'm female," but when I really think about it, I don't feel a strong pull to either... and yet I feel like both. Haha, it's so confusing.

Without sounding totally ignorant, could anyone give a brief explanation of 'cisgender'? And could anyone point me to a useful link about 'multiples'? I'd love to understand this whole side of things better.

As an alternate definition.... Etymology-wise, "cis" is the opposite of "trans." The former means "on the same side," while the latter means "going across." There is a lot of controversy, at least in some of the trans spaces I've seen, about the term "cisgender." Because I know several trans men who consider themselves cisgender because they were socialized as boys, or act like 'stereotypical' men, and do not identify as trans at all.

"Cissexual" (as opposed to "transsexual") generally has a lot less problems in this vein, and I, personally, try to use that, or just "cis." Just to add to Kelly's definition. :)

For me....

Sex assigned at birth: female

I see my body as: sexless, really. This may change soon?

I present my gender as: masculine (aka, if people are going to gender me, I prefer they see me as a man)

My gender is: I try not to think about it. Genderqueer, agender, whatever. I don't believe in gendering interests/traits/etc

Favourite thing I've put in the "Gender" box on my AVEN profile: "'Gender' reminds me of 'blender.' Am I a milkshake??"

I find myself being bigender. That's when you're both in one body, another term is "two-spirited". Some days I'm really masculine and some days really feminine.

It's quite nice being able to switch, but then again trying to explain it makes it sound as though I have multiple personality disorder. :rolleyes:

Why? Does it effect your life enough to suggest you're disordered?

*coughs* Anyways. I know quite a few 2 person multiple systems with one male, one female member who call themselves bigender. It's a bit confusing when you get into people who aren't multiple but also use the term- and it seems strange to me to consider yourself two-spirited when you're not even a median and only have one spirit in your body. I mean, spirit isn't another word for gender- is it? :D But, hey, to each their own.

• 1 month later...
SilverCandleKid

biologically female, otherwise a mix of boy, girl, and other...

is there a word for that?

Elliott Ford

There are plenty. Androgynous, pangender or genderqueer are some examples. There are almost as many words for genders as there are genders at all...

if you need a word, that is. Who said there had to be a word? :)

Biologically and menatlly I'm a female however just under half the time I act neither female nor male.

Trigender is a mix of three genders- typically boy/girl/other, maybe that?

SilverCandleKid

There are plenty. Androgynous, pangender or genderqueer are some examples. There are almost as many words for genders as there are genders at all...

if you need a word, that is. Who said there had to be a word? :)

I see... and gender fluid, correct? In that case, I'd say I'm a gender fluid androgyne.

I can't say I'm trigender, though, because that suggests only 3 genders.

Archived