• Afghan
    • French
    • Mexican
    • Brazilian
    • Sudanese
    • South African
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

My father is German and my maternal grandparents are Irish; or as I like to say, I'm Gerish. But if I go really far back in my lineage, my maternal grandfathers family were originally Welsh horse thieves, it's an interesting tale but hugely long so I won't get into it ;)

You mean they were Welsh and they stole horses, or they stole Welsh horses? It's important to be precise in this ethnicity business. -_-

Or were they welsh horses that thieved?

Interesting idea! My mom's mostly Polish and Bohemian/Czech with a little Irish and maybe German and who knows what else (someone was adopted along the way). My dad's 100% Volga-German, though--my family was among the first group of German settlers to move to Russia under Catherine the Great, yay.

I'm another American mutt type. :P

German, Austrian, English, Irish, Scottish, French, either Danish or Dutch (I don't remember which though), Anishinaabe, and possibly some other stuff too (one great grandfather wasn't told his heritage and therefore couldn't pass that knowledge on). Mostly I'm German, though. I had two great grandfathers come over from Germany before WWI. Although technically one came from a town that is now in Poland, I guess. So I'm part Polish? I have no idea. I give up. I'm American, let's just got with that.

AyatollahCarebear

I am a Germanic Celt, and the sun is my enemy.

My mom's mostly Polish and Bohemian/Czech

That's my dad, with Hebrew thrown in.

I am a Germanic Celt, and the sun is my enemy.

The sun is my enemy because of my Irish Gaelic. My mom is Irish/British and traces her English family tree back eons.

Cupcake_Master

My mom is Puerto Rican,raised and born in NY,and my dad is African American.

I've never met him though,he was like sixteen when I was born.

My mom was an adult though,she though he was an adult.

Mostly English but also Irish, Scottish, Dutch and Other (I'm a Euro-mutt with some Scandinavian thrown in).

Mostly Scottish and German, then English, Welsh, either Italian or Greek (family records aren't certain, from what I've been told), and Native American. Hurray for being a mutt! haha.

Mostly Scottish, but one of my grandparents was English (but moved to Scotland sometime in their youth), and one of my great-grandparents was Irish.

I like to call my self Celtus because my ancestors from almost everywhere the Celts were, with the exception of Goths, Anglo-Saxons and Viking.

Yes, it was destine for me to be the unruly little barbarian that I am. ;)

• 1 month later...
gray_imagination

english, german, irish, scottish....french.

CANADIAN, LOL. (no, really, some of them came to America via Canada)

I am very boring. I am like 65% english. But the Irish side refuses to admit they're more english and german than Irish, so, sticking to family lines, I'm half Irish.

Mostly English with German, a bit of Irish and French, and a tiiiiiny hint of American Indian.

And who knows what else. But yeah, Something like my Great-great-great grandfather immigrated from Britain.

Y'all left out most of my ancestory. I'm Louisiana Creole, which is a combination of African, French, Spanish, and Native American (specifically Cherokee, Choctaw, and Houma that we know of in my case). I supposedly have some Jewish blood a few generations back on my mom's side as well.

Dad's: 3/4 Scottish, 1/4 Cherokee

Mom's: Polish-German, but it actually is Russian on the Polish side..hard to explain since Poland couldn't decide if it wanted to be a country for a while..

Scotch-Irish on my paternal grandmother's side, I guess German on my paternal grandfather's side (German surname, at least...).

Some kind of generic white "Okie" from my maternal grandmother, Mexican (possibly with some of the last pure Aztecs! :huh: ) on my maternal grandfather's side.

Guest member25959

ok, since nobody's ancesters are Yugoslavian or Iraqi, I changed them to USSR/Russia and French, since I've seen these countries mentioned here.

Though, its 'possibly' a little late?

Full British on my mother's side, on my dad's...Greek and Ukrainian I think.

We don't really have "culture" though. Unless you could cound British culture, which I see as being (somewhat) the same as north american in general. My parents were both born in Canada though.

It's all up on my profile. I voted Irish, Scottish, Polish, Italian, Dutch & other......but I might've missed one :unsure:

I am 1/4 Canadian, 1/4 Australian and 1/2 New Zealander.

The New Zealand half is a mash up of a heck of a lot of places, according to my Grandad. I just can't remember what those places are. XD

I am 1/4 Canadian, 1/4 Australian and 1/2 New Zealander.

The New Zealand half is a mash up of a heck of a lot of places, according to my Grandad. I just can't remember what those places are. XD

Being 1/4 Candain & 1/4 Australian automatically makes you half awesome....unless my math skills are worse than I thought >.>

Wakarimasen????

Native American(Black Foot on my mom's side can't tell you percentage but its a lot and Cheeroke from my dad's side same as the other) Afircan- American(alot) and Irish(so little) Candian and French Candian, but im really not sure about the amount at all i just know a good percent of my mom family lives there, i have yet to meet them. My Family is from everywhere.

Of course the majority would be 'other'! OP left out at least 3 continents- Australia, North Am, Greenland, Arctic, and the rest of Africa, islands, Egypt, Persia.

Guest member25959
Of course the majority would be 'other'! OP left out at least 3 continents- Australia, North Am, Greenland, Arctic, and the rest of Africa, islands, Egypt, Persia.

Theres only enough space for 20 questions?

Wow... talk about an Anglo-Saxon-centric poll! And there's not even Australia or Canada on it! :blink:

I'm like 100% Scandinavian. Boring... :P

• 6 months later...

Dual Irish and English but mostly Irish.

50% French, 25% Vietnamese, 25% Paraguayan (though I suppose if you go back far enough, this amounts to Spanish ancestry).

I dont usually tell people my ancestry, but a couple of times because of it, thus not having the fulI Anglo-saxon genes it has presented problems....water off a ducks back:)

Dylan-Michael

Mom's Mom: Irish, English Welsh French, and Native American.

Mom's Dad: Swedish and English.

Dad's Mom German.

Dad's Dad: Irish and English.

Edward Cullen

I'm Irish by birth, nationality and ethnticity; all my family are Irish. I have dark hair and eyes though, so there must have been a drop of non-Celtic blood somewhere down the line, many moons ago.

Archived