• Afghan
    • French
    • Mexican
    • Brazilian
    • Sudanese
    • South African
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

This is a very interesting poll. How did you choose the countries?

That said, I'm the lone Sudanese person at the time this comment is being written.

I laughed! I'm a southern Englishperson, but my dad is American (with a significant amount of Native American blood).

This means that I am a Native American with an English accent :-)

I have some Scottish/Irish/Welsh too.

My dad's entire side of the family is Norwegian and Mom's is mostly Swedish and German with a little English and Irish.

silentdreamer

I have no idea. My mother's aunt knew, but she passed before anyone could ask further. The most she said was that our family was from "the islands"... what islands, I dont know. Until someone starts doing the family tree, I'll assume Jamaica cause I like the accent :mellow: My family on my mother's side has many races in it though. On my father's side.. I dont really know any of those people. So I guess that puts me under "other".

Nocturna Hime

My mother is from the Philippines and I believe she has Chinese and Spanish ancestry. Dads is American with African and Native American ancestry. Truth is I seem to have ancestors from all over the globe. It would be interesting to have my dna examined to find out about it.

Mother: English

Father: Half dutch (maternal) half Pakistani (paternal)

Although my paternal grandmother has been doing research into her family and thinks her family comes from a mix of Pols and Germans. As far as i'm aware my mother's family all came from Lancashire, England

Tada! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a genealogy geek and have studied my family history through my mom's side quite intensively. (Norwegian through and through) I don't have any idea who my dad is (I only have his name) so I'm half of 'something' I guess. :lol: I might be alien :P

--- and I'd like to have a word with whoever gave me this excessive body hair. hahaha :D

The country choice is so random...

I cannot say that I have ever fit in the 'other' category... no love for us French?

I chose them by how common these backgrounds are (in America and Europe)

I can't go without commenting on the seeming strangeness of the country choices, either. I'm not sure what the demographics are like in Europe (England?), but I've seen a few US Censuses... Quite different, to say the least.

Here goes ticking the "Other" box. : /

My father is German and my maternal grandparents are Irish; or as I like to say, I'm Gerish. But if I go really far back in my lineage, my maternal grandfathers family were originally Welsh horse thieves, it's an interesting tale but hugely long so I won't get into it ;)

Half Irish (coming from both parents!) and then one eighth of the following: Italian, Ukrainian, French-Canadian, and God-Only-Knows-What.

Typical American pedigree, really. Pity I got the unpronounceable Italian last name, though.

Both my parents are American.

Both with British ancestry.

Both with Indian (or Native American) ancestry.

My mother has German ancestry.

As far as I know my father has only Indian and British ancestry.

So that would make me British and German... But I look like I'm Indian (or Native American).

Let me see

On my mom's side I'm mainly english with some scottish and irish mixed in

On my dad's side I'm Dutch, Belgian, German, Russian, Polish, Ukrainian and some English Irish and Scottish.

There is a very long story I have heard explaining how my family is from almost every country in northern Europe but I don't feel like typing a wall of text :)

tourmaline20

South African, Dutch, Irish, English, Polish and German. I be mongrel. ^_^

LimeTreeArbour

very much english with a hint of dane

AFlyingPiglet

My Dad's side is English as far back as it goes. My Mum's side starts off in England but goes back for generations to North Wales

English/Irish/Native American on my dad's side, English/German/Native American/Irish/French on my mom's. One of her grandfathers was Native American, so my grandmother looks very "Indian". She married a half-German, hot-headed blond, so we have a big mix on that side.

• 3 months later...
You so...want to get a Swiss passport if your eligable!

Best passport ever!

Why is that ?

as for me :

1/8 french

1/16 italian (the name stuck though)

Rest is swiss

Both of my partents are English. My grandmothers were Irish. My grandfathers were English (one might have been born in Wales though), and their parents were a mixture of Irish, Scottish (on my mum's side) and Welsh (on my dad's). All of my great great grandparents were Irish.

So yeah, kind of Irishish, most of my family are still there, but I'm English really.

Member #27415

my soul is Irish, but my body was born to Hungary.

dad; german, armenian, inner-asian, jewish

mom; some ancestors were german but we dont know for sure

My ethnicity is Northern.

i've got some welsh-norman nobility blood in me from about 1070 AD or so

does that count?

I hate to be critical but you are missing some fairly significant categories such as Indian, French, Japanese, and Native American. It is a neat survey, but I believe that too many people will simply fall into the "other" category.

Archived