• French
    • Mexican
    • Brazilian
    • Sudanese
    • South African
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest member25959

Which of the countries listed did your ancester originate from?

Sorry if your ancesters country isnt on here, but the list started to gat a little too long, ive included the countries were most people's ancesters come from (based on American and British backgrounds)

Grandparents: Germany (x2), Ukraine, Czechoslovakia

Parents: Canada (x2)

Me: Canada

My mom said her family was Scottish and my dad said his family was German and he had a grandfather (I think) that was Cherokee Native American.

Does that mean I'm German, Scottish and Native American?

Aimeendfire

Spanish, Mexican, and Chinese.

My mom's side is from Mexico and Spain.

My dad's side is from China and Mexico.

Wings of a Dream

English all the way for countless generations for me.

Wow, my family's boring XD

Wow, apart from "Other" (where is that anyway? I think it's next to Switzerland...) the Germans are leading.

[Tasteless joke]Okay fellow Germans, it's time to put our plan into action. Fourth Reich here we come! [/Tasteless joke]

My ethnical background is very blurry.

My mother is Mexican but being Mexican means that you are probably spanish,portuguese,native american, african, asian....etc.

I can only say that there's definitely native american/mexican and spanish heritage in there, but portuguese, east-asian and west-african ancestry can still be in the blood-mix,too.

My father is polish silesian:

Again a very blurry sort of ethnicity which can contain czech, polish, russian, slovak and german heritage.

Here I am sure that my heritage consists of polish,german,czech and slovak "blood".

Summing up: My ethnic background can be described as slavic mexican.

Well, if you trace it all the way back, probably Basque.

I'm a cat.

English all the way for countless generations for me.

Wow, my family's boring XD

So's mine! Haha. My mother's doing the family tree and, yep, all English. Various people moved overseas but all of my grandparents, great grandparents, great great grandparents, great great great grandparents, etc. so far have been English. Even people who moved to other countrys married fellow English for a fair while.

We're very picky. :blink:

Adm_Twister_JCOM

I'm English, Scottish, Irish, German, Czech, and Japanese.

Swedish, Swiss-German, Irish, Italian, English, Scottish and Czech.

Guest member25959

Mine are

English, Irish, Scandinavian (mothers side)

English, Welsh, Germanic (fathers side)

Possibly some Slavic, im still trying to find out where 'Anders' comes from, and its not from Britain.

I'm half German, quarter Irish, and one quarter Who Knows What.

The who knows is my maternal grandfather.... we think he's English or Scottish, but everytime we ask he has a new "idea"... :lol:

My heritage is English and German. The past couple of generations on both sides of my family were born in Canada, though.

heatdissipation

Largest two countries of the world don't make the list? :( Though it is very extensive.

I'm something like Russian or Ukrainian, though it gets a little iffy with vague ancestry/the break-up of the USSR/general confusion.

Mum's side English all the way to the best of my knowledge.

Dad is South African, and there's some Dutch, Irish and more English in there somewhere.

Swedish/german on my Mother's side, and german plus a mix on my father's side. Seems to be english, french and welsh.

GooberPeaAndMe

Scottish and Polish, and my "Other" category is Lithuanian and Native American (Apache).

CrazyCatLover

Mostly Irish and German, but some Scottish, English and Cherokee. Yeah, I'm a mutt with the makings of an internal conflict.

Scottish on my mum's side, English on both. On my father's side, I'm ancient Irish. As in, the stone in Ireland that has the first 10-15 surnames in the country on it has my surname. My folks' migration there is where my going-way-back Norse ancestry is.

GhostsInThisMachine

My dad's side of the family is Irish, through and through.

My mum's side of the family had a habit of each generation moving to a new country and marrying into a family there; thus my ancestors (as far as I've traced them) are from Uruguay, England, France, Switzerland and Germany.

My family and I are Polish since the dawn of time, not exactly but spanning a few centuries.

In a hilariously British manner, I notice that France is not included on the list :lol:

Archived