European users

Guest member25959

Living in Britain unfortunately. Native languages Irish and English. Dual nationality but more loyalty to one than the other.

I live in Finland at the moment.
Don't really have a mother tongue though I'm bilingual.

I live in Finland at the moment.

Don't really have a mother tongue though I'm bilingual.

Like me.

• 4 weeks later...
Autumn Season

I'm from Germany/ Russia. ^^ Loving all languages and speaking a few.

I'm German and I speak English and German and (very little) French

Sage Raven Domino

Holgi is also German, so we have as many as three Germans (if not more) who have joined this month ^_^

Around 2% of AVENites are German, according to the 2014 census.

I was born in East Berlin (into a Siberian family) but can only speak English and Russian (I'm laaaazy) :(

Autumn Season

Hey, you know English so well and you're saying that you're lazy. I don't think so. ;)

NobleHogknight

Holgi is also German, so we have as many as three Germans (if not more) who have joined this month ^_^

Around 2% of AVENites are German, according to the 2014 census.

I was born in East Berlin (into a Siberian family) but can only speak English and Russian (I'm laaaazy) :(

Yeah, here I am! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
ClaroBralis

Dalmatian here, nativ language Dalmatian, but since that language is forbiden people of Dalmatia using (mostly) Croatian as official. Dalmatians in Bosnia using Croatian and Serbian, Dalmatians in Montenegro using Montenegrian as official language.

• 4 weeks later...
J. van Deijck

I'm a mixed ethnicity - German, Hungarian, Polish, a bit of Swedish and possibly Finnish. Born (unfortunately) in Poland, been living abroad for many years with breaks actually. I speak quite fluently 4 languages: Polish, Swedish, Finnish and English (still preferring English to communicate), and I'm trying to learn Hungarian (which isn't that easy at all).

Vahle, I think you're great.

J. van Deijck

Aw thank you, but now I wonder why :D

I like your style, that's why.

GoosePeelings

A Finnish-speaking Finn from Finland, ta-dah.

Fluent in Finnish and English, with some Swedish and French.

• 2 weeks later...
Crowfather

Im Dutch.
So I'm fluent in Dutch, according to my latest test results I'm supposedly native speaking English. And I've gotten to rudimentary points in German, French and Spanish. Currently retaking German classes.

Hello from the Czech Republic~

My mother tongue would be of course Czech, and I can understand Slovak just fine due to the closeness of the countries (and languages), though not really confident speaking it myself. :3 I'm proficient in English too, I think & talk to myself in English about half the time, if not more, lol. And I've been learning German at school for 4 years, but still can't reasonably hold a conversation hahah

Hi I'm from England! I am both British and German (one more part of my identity where I refuse to pick just one box haha!) and I speak both German and English.

Elluna Hellen

I'm from the Netherlands. My native language is Dutch. I also speak fluent English. In secondary school I learned French, German and some Spanish, but i've forgotten so much of that and am planning to at some point pick those back up xD.

givememyname

Hi! I'm from France. Though I lived in the UK for several years :)

• 3 weeks later...
A Place With A Tree

Finland, so i speak Finnish. I can speak English almost fluently and know some German and Swedish.

I'm currently living in Denmark but I'm Romanian.

I can speak Romanian, English and I know a tiny bit of german. I'm also trying to learn danish, but damn, is this language hard.

French of Algerian descent here. I'm kind of fluent in Arabic (darija - the algerian one which is actually a mix of many languages), English and Spanish.

I'm from Spain, i speak spanish, english, and while i can quite understand frech i'm not very good expressing myself in that lenguage, and basque, but i don't think i'll find anyone speaking that around here (?

I'm from Spain, i speak spanish, english, and while i can quite understand frech i'm not very good expressing myself in that lenguage, and basque, but i don't think i'll find anyone speaking that around here (?

Actually I remember (in the thread "learning languages for fun") someone mentionning that they had gotten almost fluent in Basque... so you never know, the internet is both a huge and small place :)

I’m from Germany. I speak German, which is my native language, English, (ancient) Latin and am currently learning Norwegian.

I like how you mentionned it to be "ancient" Latin, I am not sure there's much difference with "modern" Latin, is there? I mean besides words like computer being added and possible pronunciations differences, do you know anything about the divergences?

Actually I remember (in the thread "learning languages for fun") someone mentionning that they had gotten almost fluent in Basque... so you never know, the internet is both a huge and small place :)

I’m from Germany. I speak German, which is my native language, English, (ancient) Latin and am currently learning Norwegian.

I like how you mentionned it to be "ancient" Latin, I am not sure there's much difference with "modern" Latin, is there? I mean besides words like computer being added and possible pronunciations differences, do you know anything about the divergences?

In that case, maybe, i should go and check. I wasn't expecting that!

And aobut Latin, i don't know Latin myself (although i'm hoping to start learning it this summer) and as far as i know, modern latin has like introduced new words or terms that didn't exist before but pretty much remains the same. (i have a friend that studies classics) And then, i also know that pronunciation is not the same if we're speaking about ancient latin (like the one spoke in the roman empire) and what was later used by the Vatican. But i'm not expert in the topic.

Hello.
I'm Austrian. My native language is German. :)

... btw, I feel more at home at English language communities for some reason. Haha. :')

... btw, I feel more at home at English language communities for some reason. Haha. :')

Heh, me too! For some reason I've never been too keen on getting in touch with the German-speaking ace community.

Archived