older asexuals - where do you live

halcro

Hey, that's not fair, Sally!

I'm pretty sure we had summer this year. Didn't it come around during the second week of July?

-GB

hmm, I was just up in Portland and for a couple of days it sure felt like summer. I suspect it wasn't too cold in Seattle at the same time (Thursday and Friday last week. Upper 80's and plenty of sunshine in Portland).

hmm, I was just up in Portland and for a couple of days it sure felt like summer. I suspect it wasn't too cold in Seattle at the same time (Thursday and Friday last week. Upper 80's and plenty of sunshine in Portland).

Well, yes, oh Southern Californian, we have had about 10 days of 80-plus weather since March. The rest of the days have been at least partially cloudy, if not completely cloudy or raining. We're all gulping Vitamin D up here.

You, on the other hand, have a whole 8 months of beautiful sunny weather, and the rest of the time you might have a little tiny bit of rain, or a few clouds. Reminder: we are going to exchange houses when you retire, since you have complained before about the hot weather. Retire soon, please.

I'm 55 and live in Riverside, CA.

Hey, Riverside, you should come to a meetup sometime. :)

Tiny town in NW Oregon...

Think I am the oldest one here.....soon to be 63. Any of my peers here??? :)

You are quite a young thing. -_-

I live in the city that has had only 26 completely sunny days since January 1. 26 days in almost 9 months.

Hi there Troll , I am in the South of England (near Brighton) I'd love to be in touch with you and your oldies and to know if and when there are other London meets! 8) Moonpea x

Banbury...middle of England (not the United Kingdom which is very far from united). I've been to a few meets in London...we have a couple of regular 'oldies'.... :redface: sorry Ww and Brian (and me!)

*Noticed I spelled United Kingdom as 'Untied'...Freudian slip...which I corrected...:lol:*

Hi WW, you look cute! I've had many a friend that looks like you, but they tend to get away, nibble my wires and live under the floorboards!

Moonpea x

Hi there,

I live in Berkshire...Uk..

Hey TTauri. I love Scotland - my granny was from Aberdeenshire. Billy Connolly says "A Glasgow funeral is more fun than an Edinburgh wedding! :lol:

Moonpea x

I'm also from the UK. Southern Scotland to be more precise.

Hi Ruby, what an interesting post. I think a sexless crush sounds perfect! :)

Moonpea

I'm also from the UK. Southern Scotland to be more precise.

I'm very new to this forum & just want to say how happy I am to have found it. After 34 years of marriage and a lot of heartache caused by complete mismatch in sex-drive (i.e. a lot on my husband's side and very little, if any, on mine), it's a huge relief to realise there are are other people like me. Since I discovered the forum a few days ago and read some of the FAQs, etc., I keep smiling to myself because suddenly things make sense - like the crushes I have always had (usually male, but sometimes female) when I just want to be with that person all the time, but don't want any sexual contact at all.

Oh, and the reason that I plucked up courage to make my very first post right here is that I too live in the UK (Wales).

Hi Wordwitch! I used to live in the East End. I did my first 3 years of teaching Drama in comprehensives in Bethnal Green, Poplar and Whitechapel. I'm told it has changed a lot - apparently Homerton is now fashionable :lol:

Moonpea x

Oh I thought I'd posted here, I obviously left it to Tanwen who had already pointed out that a few of us "oldies" know each other, as well as the younger Avenites through the London meetups (as well as being certifiably insane). Well, I live in the East End of London, but we welcome people from other parts of the UK to our meetups.

Tanwen, there are quite a few new people on this thread - you might need to explain Psycho (who is a large assertive rabbit - I've only seen photos, never approached in the flesh).

G'day Shaggy! My daughter lives in your beautiful country with her Aussie surfer (no chance of them living here then!). They live in WA, quite near Perth. Nice chatting

Moonpea x

GA here

My deepest sympathies ...

and yet, ... my most tender empathies ...

I felt much the same way, (until I stumbled upon AVEN some 6 months ago).

Had I not, ...

by now I would have been ...

GA GA.

G'day Roberto. Was just saying to Shaggy in Melbourne that my daughter lives in WA (Margaret River area). SO beautiful!

Moonpea X

perth australia.....weather is the best in the world.

• 3 months later...

i am 33.

was born and raised in Long Island / New York City.

i spent the past summer in DC area of Virginia. i find it still too urban/cold.

i have never felt at home in rat-race, urban NYC.

i'm a country person at heart, and avid gardener, but also love to wine and dine in asian and mideast ambience.

i am aiming to relocate by 2010 to the bay area of CA.

hopefully!!

Did you make it to the bay area this year (2010) ?

Cathy (who lives in the bay area)

SquirrelsNest

I'm in central Illinois. There doesn't seem to be any other out asexuals here, and I do get a bit looonnnely!! Closest places for many asexuals is either Chicago or St Louis, hours away from me. And I'm still working for a living.

I'm in Central Illinois too, and up until very recently I thought I was just broken. The fact that other people are also interested in relationships but not interested in sex is pretty eye-opening. I just wish it hadn't taken me until I was 37 to figure out that it was OK to want someone around without having to want to have sex with that person...

montgomeryguy

Where do all the older asexuals live? The majority of posts seem to be from the younger set. I live outside of Vancouver, B.C. and would like to especially meet some of the more mature crowd. :blink::blink: and the younger ones.

I live in the Deep South in the US, in Montgomery, Alabama. Interestingly enough, I've been to several of the places where you guys live, including the Kansas City metro area (Independence, MO for conferences of the church I used to attend) and to Mountain View, CA (Hewlett Packard was one of my clients back in the 1990's).

I'm 41 and i'm from Montreal, QC up in Canada

Where do all the older asexuals live? The majority of posts seem to be from the younger set. I live outside of Vancouver, B.C. and would like to especially meet some of the more mature crowd. :blink::blink: and the younger ones.

Archived