older asexuals - where do you live

halcro

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I grew up in Memphis TN, travelled all around the country for 11 years and finally settled here in beautiful Northeast Mississippi, contrary to popular belief we dont all go around barefoot, most of us have all of our teeth and we dont marry our kin...some of us even have college degrees!! sssshh dont tell anyone how gorgeous it is here in the foothills of the Appalachian chain, clean water, beautiful hills and valleys, virgin forests, low population but what population we do have would help you if trouble knocks on your door and everyone waves to each other when they are driving, the misconceptions of Mississippi break my heart. There is virtually no racism in our small area and blacks, whites, spanish and aisians intermarry without crosses burning in their yards, children of mixed race marriages are totally accepted and even though we are right smack dab in the middle of the bible belt, all religions are valid and accepted. sure there are lots of big families and a lot of us are related to each other but that just makes me happy to see how my family has grown and changed over the last 100 years and sorry to burst some bubbles but Mississippi learned her lesson in the 50's and 60's and the klan is nonexistent here, we dont even have any skinheads, if you see someone with a shaved head its because their hat fits better with no hair!! Lots of us do drive Big Trucks with rifle racks in the back, but lots of us hunt and eat what we kill, not possums and racoons but deer, rabbits and squirrels, if we did not we would be up to our ears in these critters, I dont personally know anyone who kills just for fun, and alot of times the deer or meat animals killed go the families who can ill afford beef or pork, an entire deer can feed a family of six for months and months and when someone is having problems buying groceries, this meat comes in handy, my cousins often donate their third kill to families in need...so we help each other, just a few months ago a brand new home was built by the community for a family with 12 adopted disabled children with donated materials, but you dont see us on TV for this because it is Mississippi afterall. Our overflowing gardens are always shared with the community and the food is given away not sold. Family to family, if someone has too many mustard greens and another too many peas they swap, and everyone invites a neighbor over to harvest pecans because one tree can provide up to six families with enough nuts for months. It is truly a wonderful place to live and I am lucky to be here. we often get a chuckle when we go to a restaurant touting free range chickens because the price is so outrageous, we just go out in the yard pick a big hen, thank her for giving us sustenance wring her neck quickly and painlessly and eat that sucker and enjoy every free freerange bite..hehe

• 2 weeks later...

Sacramento, California. Any 50-something asexuals around here?

I'm in Sac-Town too! But I'm not over 50, I'm 40.

Portland, Oregon, USA. And I love it here.

I'm moving to Portland within the next year. I'm in Sacramento, CA now. Can't wait to get to Portland!

I'm 38 and live in Rocklin, CA (northern california, near Sacramento) and into a lot of outdoor activities.

Howdy neighbor! I'm from Sac!

Hi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kiwibird here- I am smack in the middle.

Too young for you old birds and too old for you lollypop suckers.

Already have 10 years of life experiance which makes me too mature for the 20 someting and don't have enough life experiance to to have common grounds with the late 40 something.

We do we 30s go ? I hope this "Older asexaul- where do you live" is an inviting home for us 30 something asexual.

I am open to asexual freinds, companions and simple conversation of everyday life. Come have tea with me because we are aesexual and that is what matters.

I am from Oregon and not from Portland. Nothing against Portland execpt it seems that is were most of my local asexuals are.

Moondragon007

Bakersfield California - that's about 100 miles north of Los Angeles, in the San Juaquin Valley.

Toilets in the states for a start, they are so low but the water is almost upto the brim, I go to wipe my bum and end up washing my hands hows that???

Um.... we generally stand up to wipe....

Today I went for an 8 mile walk, in town (long main road) and got stopped by police thinking I was looking for a crime to commit, I explained I'm british and we have legs..the sense of humour failure was immediate, mind you humour and a man with a gun rarely go together

Cops don't have a sense of humor for the simple reason that traffic stops are among the top 10 of dangerous activities for uniformed officers. They have to be VERY alert to the possibility that the person they stop has a gun and is willing to use it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I live in Massachusetts does any one here live in SE Mass. love to communicate Thanks

Southern California here, east of Los angeles :)

riverside right? I'm in San jacinto

Southern California here, east of Los angeles :)

riverside right? I'm in San jacinto

Just east, in San Bernardino county.

I've been down the freeway, passing by San Jacinto, on the way to San Diego many a time.

We need to get another So. Cal. meetup going. Kionx had a good suggestion - the IE people meeting up and taking the Metro together into LA, where we could join up with LA folks who also want to meet up.

Just so the North Americans don't get the monopoly on this thread...I live in Wales, in the United Kingdom.

Hi - are you from the valleys too? I wnder how many of us there are. I;ve just joined this site.

Ancient Scarab

Hi! 33, soon to be 34 year old here from stunning Staffordshire, Central England, in the UK. 8)

Would love to hear from any other older asexuals from any of the surrounding Counties.

Opera

All hail the land of the Oatcake! :D

Is it just me or are "older" asexuals getting younger? :lol:

(I'm kidding!)

So far alone in Central California!! :ph34r:

I'm 38 and live in Rocklin, CA (northern california, near Sacramento) and into a lot of outdoor activities.

Howdy neighbor! I'm from Sac!

Sacramento members have a hard time meeting up so maybe you and Zac can meetup before you leave California..

• 2 weeks later...
infinityandbeyond

26 (yeah I know it's borderline) and I'm an Essex boy! Good old UK

alwayswasone

Hi there. I'm a 41 year old female from Edmonton, Alberta (Canada for those who don't know). I was curious about this question too and probably would have been afraid to ask it for the reason you mentioned. Thanks for asking for me. :cake:

I just went through this whole thread (5 pages!) and no one else from Dallas, Tx, not really surprised, people are mostly so conservative here (in TX) and likely would not admit to being different. I would love to live in a more liberal/Democratic area but I've been in TX 25 of the last 30 yrs and i'm 53 and settled in job and home so not likely to move.

Just Judy, I'm in the Dallas area :) There are others too... but they're younger so they may not peruse this board.

Yellow

I currently live in Japan (for the second time). Bought a house a few years ago so I am here until the children have grown and moved out of the nest.

In the past I have lived in Austria (just outside Vienna), Thailand (three hours south of Bangkok), and the USA (New England and a few other places).

I think the last time i posted here I was down in Berkshire/Hampshire... I am back home now wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!! Birmigham UK :)

Archived