• Asexual - I would adopt
    • Asexual - I would biologically have children
    • Sexual - I would adopt
    • Sexual - I would biologically have children
    • Asexual - I don't want kids
    • Sexual - I don't want kids
    • None of the above

This poll is closed to new votes

Sorry if this has been done before. I've been wondering this for a while. Asexuals or sexuals can answer this.

If you ever plan on having children someday, would you prefer to adopt them or prefer to have them the natural way? (giving birth er..yeah)

Someday I might have a kid but I doubt I'm ever gonna have time in my life to raise one. I'd like to though..but only time will tell I guess. If I was gonna have a kid I would adopt. Giving birth doesn't look too fun and I believe that there's too many orphaned kids in the world. I would like to be a dad but I don't know if I'll ever be able to transition that far and I don't know if transsexuals/transgenders are allowed to adopt. Not too sure with how laws are

So...would you rather adopt or have them biologically?

Edit: Let me know if the poll is messed up. I have little experience with making polls on here

I'd rather adopt or do the whole, surrogate mother thing - which in Australia is essentially adoption, I think.

But I think I'm a little young to be worrying about this just yet :P

Well I would love to have a child with my traits, but there's no way I'm going to A- have sex, and B- give birth. And I don't want anyone going into my ovaries and taking an egg to put in someone else's stomach either.

So I'd like to adopt.

Asexual - I would biologically have children

I've decided I want kids - 3 of them if possible.

I may adopt one some day, it just depends.

Down side is that I really don't wanna risk the chance of my kids getting as sick as me.

But then I look at the chance my parents took - My dad has Epilepsy, and used to have it real bad, but it missed me and my sister.

Granted I got sick but that is in no relation to my dad's Epilepsy.

That and my sister is healthy - physically speaking.

So I'll take the risk.

If I ever got pregnant...the ramifications would be immense.

I love kids, and would want one when I'm older, but not only does giving birth seem reeeally unpleasant, my genes aren't exactly stellar. (Allergies, and I either have or am I carrier for a genetic disease.)

Something in me would prefer kids to be related to me - though as a man there's obviously far less involved than for women (but still more than I'd be comfortable with normally!). Though if I (or partner) were infertile and/or unwilling to have sex then adoption would seem to be more sensible than huge amounts of fertility treatment or whatever.

I'm asexual and I don't want children- yuck, the thought of being pregnant and giving birth, and um having sex-no thanks!

momotroniuity

I'm asexual, while I don't want kids right now, who knows how'll I feel in 5-10 years, but I would not want to have sex to have children when I can adopt.

I would like to have biological children but doubt it will happen. I would consider adoption but I'm not sure I'd feel right.

Asexual - I'm not sure if I ever want kids, but if I did, I'd adopt. I'd want to be financially secure, though. And I'd want to adopt an older school-aged kid, not a baby or toddler.

At this moment, I don't want kids. I really don't. It might change in fifteen years, but right now, I don't plan on having or adopting any.

If I ever got pregnant...the ramifications would be immense.

Sorry, but is the reason for that is because you're male?

I'd have to adopt, or have a test tube baby.

And if I adopted I'd have a person over the age of 5, at least then they spend a lot of time at school. I don't care if they are something like 13, as long as they aren't aggressive.

I want to be a foster mom once I'm settled into my career. I'm thinking I'll be in my late 30's or 40's by the time this happens. I want to adopt/foster older kids, because older kids are less likely to get adopted (most people adopt white male infants, I believe--I did this research a few months ago). I have motherly instincts, but I don't want to give birth to children, and I especially don't want to have the sex to get to pregnancy. I would much prefer to use these motherly instincts with children than the way I've been using them, with my friends. :lol:

Why bring a kid into the world, when there is one who is looking for a caring family?

That's how I feel about it too

Why bring a kid into the world, when there is one who is looking for a caring family?

I don't really want kids right now, but this is exactly how I feel. I'd adopt, if anything.

Jillianimal

Asexual & no kids. I thought about it but now I don't plan on it. If I did it would be adoption.

Want kids. Would probably try donor sperm/artificial insemination first. Would consider adoption but it's more expensive and I believe I would have a hard time getting approved.

I don't really want kids right now, but this is exactly how I feel. I'd adopt, if anything.

I second these.

Archived