• Very High
    • High
    • Average
    • Low
    • Very Low
    • Aromantic

This poll is closed to new votes

CrazyCatLover

For quite awhile, I've had trouble figuring out whether I'm romantic or not. I've come to the conclusion that I am pan-romantic, but I just have a very low drive when it comes to actually seeking relationships. My drive does shoot up during my period though.

So, romantics, where do the rest of you line up?

EDIT: I've come to the conclusion that the example sentences weren't very useful, so I removed them.

I voted average, but it might be low also. I never actually seeked out a relationship though I don't oppose being in one. I just go with the flow.I am a helpless romantic though.

I'm a romantic. I enjoy relationships, sometimes a bit too much and then they annoy me :P

I always feel like I'm missing out on a joy in life when I'm back to being single. Yet when I get in a relationship I usually regret it (like my current one)

Before I was in a relationship I was unhappy about being single. I really enjoy being in a relationship and would be devastated if it were to end. But I wouldn't say that I was seeking a relationship when I was single - I was unhappy but not going to just go after first person who came my way, I would only want to be in a relationship with someone I cared and loved a lot. So I put average.

I originally thought I was romantic hetero asexual. But recently I realised that I've probably been more aromantic than I originally thought, if I was to judge by my actions. For one, I've never felt the drive to date or seek relationships during high school. Things like that never came into my head at ALL during my teens. I guess at the back of my mind I probably just figured it would happen sometime later...although I never really considered when exactly. Now that I'm at university it's suddenly struck me that most people have started seeking serious relationships (yes I should have realised this ages ago but until I got out of high school I was kind of living in my own little naive bubble). But I've realised that I still don't feel like pursuing a relationship. So I guess I'm romantic only in the sense that if I found the right person, I wouldn't mind a relationship...but I'm aromantic by default because my usual romantic drive is so low it's practically non-existant. Currently anyway.

I originally thought I was romantic hetero asexual. But recently I realised that I've probably been more aromantic than I originally thought, if I was to judge by my actions. For one, I've never felt the drive to date or seek relationships during high school. Things like that never came into my head at ALL during my teens. I guess at the back of my mind I probably just figured it would happen sometime later...although I never really considered when exactly. Now that I'm at university it's suddenly struck me that most people have started seeking serious relationships (yes I should have realised this ages ago but until I got out of high school I was kind of living in my own little naive bubble). But I've realised that I still don't feel like pursuing a relationship. So I guess I'm romantic only in the sense that if I found the right person, I wouldn't mind a relationship...but I'm aromantic by default because my usual romantic drive is so low it's practically non-existant. Currently anyway.

That's me, as well

Well, I'm romantic.

When I'm single I don't seek relationships, could be happy ever after alone ^-^

But if I come across someone exeptional and very rare "happenend 2 times in my life" that I feel deeply romantically attracted to, well, I do as if I felt nothing and try to befriend the person I love. The 2 times it happened the feeling was mutual and it was obvious they wanted to be my partner...

And then it's the rollercoaster... But it's another story.

So no, I don't seek out romantic relationships at all, but if someone I love wish to try to have one with me;I won't deny him.

All though an incurable romantic, i did vote average.....

Although I do love romance..but these days I seem to be happier when i set two people up, or I hear of couples getting together...I would love the closeness of myself and another person against the world..But i dont want the jealousy or control and the ruddy criticism I get....It would also be nice if I was romanced lovingly!

All my friends have exquisite jewelry, clothes or expensive perfume showered on them....I remember my last boyfriend, (who incidently is now one of my best friends), he was talking to me on the phone... I mentioned to him that I had bought a car charger for my mobile phone..."Oh damn", he proclaimed in exasperation, “I was going to buy you one of those for you birthday”......Well, lucky me, tee hee!!!!

Another boyfriened, who worked as a tour manager....he went all over the world....we had recently talked about a holiday...I knew he had all these air miles tee hee........I had visions of traversing the highways and byways of Australia or the open roads and plains of Amercian.......No such luck......He rang me up, all worked up with excitement and said..."Guess what!!" ………. " I have just bought a caravan"!!................. nuff said:( tee hee

I voted "very low". When I was single, I thought it'd be nice to be in a relationship, but never actively tried to find one. Now I'm in one, and have the distinct impression that I'm better off being single. I'm really bad at this whole "relationships" thing.

Knowing me, though, I'll still give any potential relationships a try should the opportunity arise whilst I'm single.

I voted low only because the brackets describe my current situation.

I actually have a fairly average to high romantic drive - I've just surpressed it for various reasons.

AFlyingPiglet

I've put very low. I love the idea of a romantic relationship. I am open to the possibility of one but I don't go looking for one as I'm not really interested.

I do have very deep, loving platonic relationships and wish it could be more sometimes, but it just aint, cos I just don't feel that way!

Anyway, I love being single.

momotroniuity

It was hard to choose between Very Low and Low, I thought I was Bi-Romantic bordering on Pan-romantic but later I realized that I had more in common with Aromantic tendencies than I realized.

I've never thought about romantic drive, but it makes sense. I guess I would consider myself panromantic with a very low romance drive.

I voted very low because while I have toyed with the idea. I have never sought out a relationship. And I probably never will but I'm not precluding the possibility.

Mr. Ten Below

I voted low, but it's probably more like very low. Just at the moment it's feeling a tiny bit higher because I'm away from home and getting no physical contact. I miss hugs.

carried in bags

low? sometimes i want a girlfriend - but the idea of being in a relatioship frightens me. i want a close female friend - a soul mate, a muse i can cuddle up to some nights. i dont want to fall in love as it too much change and you can be blinded by all the corruption and bad habbits she may have. its another mouth to feed and more mess to clean up. you will have less time to read any books too

I said "average", as I'd really like a relationship... with one person in particular... but I'm not one to push for it. Frankly, if it never happened, I wouldn't be too bothered. But the desire for one is there.

... of course, I have no experience, either.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a low romantic. In my lifetime I've only had a romantic attraction to three people.

Awkward... I voted 'Low'.

I'm romantic and enjoy relationships, but don't really miss them all that much when I'm not in one. My "drive" is sparked off by meeting someone particularly interesting but essentially dormant the rest of the time.

Um, I didn't know what to put. I consider myself to have a pretty high romantic drive as I'm often meeting people who I'm momentarily smitten with and occasionally I fall into infatuation with for a considerable amount of time, but I never seek out relationships. Never. And I'm totally cool without one.

heatdissipation

I've never been in a relationship, because I don't feel comfortable telling people about my asexuality right off the bat, but also I don't think it's fair for me to encourage anything to develop without letting the person know. Obviously, this isn't the best approach, because I've lost many important people that way.

I'm definitely romantic, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Dame du Lac

Very low. I'm not "driven" to seek relationships at all although I am extremely romantic in the mediaeval-romance-rescued from dragon by brave knight-type way!

Archived